Playing the Herald in Path of Fire

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I am looking forward to playing with the Renegade in Path of Fire, but I’m not looking forward to trying to play Herald in Path of Fire. Both options should be equally viable but when you mount or dismount in Path of Fire the active facets of Glint are lost and have to be reset. If a player enters combat using the engagement skills of the mount they then have to re-up the facets that are normally used in combat losing both the buffs and the time taken to reset the facets.
I would really like to see A-Net change this so that the buffs from facets do not affect mounts but still stay active and apply to players/allies while the player is mounted and engages an enemy. It would make play much smoother and less frustrating,

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Sikil.9817

Sikil.9817

It’s an interesting thinking point, forgive me if I subvert it!

Herald already has mega start-of-combat burst damage because you get to run around with facets enabled and engage with your full buffs. To the point that when I’m running open world with my berserker geared Herald, my boyfriend complains that I oneshot all the mobs and he doesn’t get to fight!

There’s a whole bunch of irritating little situations already in which facets disable themselves — mounts are yet another — and it would be good to get a fix, but here’s my alternative suggestion

(Prepare to be horrified)

Disable facets out of combat.

It means they don’t need to fix most of the facet disabling bugs, and also implies a buff to the power of facets themselves to make up for it, which I think Herald needs — we ought to be able to stack might like a PS warrior can, and currently we can’t. With facets in-combat only, it would be reasonable to buff them to generate the full 25 might.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Good grief, no. The best part of playing Herald is the speed boost, the profession’s only integral access to a speed buff. Needless to say, this is more of an OOC than IC benefit.

Posted by: Sikil.9817

Sikil.9817

Good grief, no. The best part of playing Herald is the speed boost, the profession’s only integral access to a speed buff. Needless to say, this is more of an OOC than IC benefit.

I somehow forgot about that, my bad. Losing the speed boost would suck — at least for accounts without PoF (having access to mounts should remove most of the need for it).

There’s the business with that Invocation trait and flipping between legends, but it’s annoying busywork.

I’m sure an alternative solution could be found…

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

should still be very fun to play in the new pack no matter what the specs or so forth is . and can not wait to give this a shot in the new pack

no new system upgrades coming