Please ANET fix Detha

Please ANET fix Detha

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: XPilo.5862

XPilo.5862

Just that, please fix Detha in AC p2 she still broke from the time that you change that boss. She don’t start the protect event at the end. We try kill she, waypoint to the beggining, nothing work, so we leave.

But you all already know this because has been posted hundreds of time please take some time and fix this!!.

Attachments:

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

I’m not going to defend Anet (this bug should have been fixed, I agree) but you can easily prevent this bug from occurring by standing in the corner (not the middle) until Detha becomes out of combat (only takes 15 seconds max). Then lure her to start the next event.

Please ANET fix Detha

XPilo.5862

We did that, I always run to the corner and wait for all be out of combat. That is why all in the squad was so upset today.

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: Allanon.9072

Allanon.9072

Or you can just kill Kholer and wp after the phase with chains and everything will work as intended i never had her bugged like this

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Well, if it happens because players skipped parts of the explorable paths, I highly doubt it is a bug, instead of a intended function to prevent players from skipping parts.

Hopefully ANet fixes the explorable paths so that you cannot skip events and complete the path. (Would be killing blow to solo dungeon runners, if they cannot complete all events during the path)

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Please ANET fix Detha

RedStar.4218

Well, if it happens because players skipped parts of the explorable paths, I highly doubt it is a bug, instead of a intended function to prevent players from skipping parts.

So it’s a bug that it’s not always happening ?

If you go back and kill the monsters it probably won’t fix this. Nor will killing Kohler and take the WP.

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well there is a way to fix it.

Respawn and get detha in combat with the 1 or 2 of the champion gravelings (near the stairs) and have her killed , It should reset it. (-corrected and amended-) (should be 1 on the 1st set of stairs when running from kohler, and the second in the room directly after those stairs)

Also in a lesser amount of instances, but still happening on 3-5% of the runs where you need to find the scepter pieces, hodgins bugs ( in p1). This is easily fixed by porting to a waypoint and just rerunning.

These bugs have been here for a while…

Also do not use teleport/ leap skills while kkillling the graveling mounds in the room after kohler (p1) in the lower right corner, as they will port you through the dopor and leave you stuck or in need for a waypoint robbing your party from 1 guy doing dmg. This happens with phase retreat, (thief) shortbow skill 5, (ranger LB , Ranger SB) ,FGS rush, ride the lightning and other comparable skills. It’s very annoying… The moment is always the same: the death of the burrow, because the animation triggers causing the door to be “removed” for a fraction of a second

Worst scenario I ever was in: 4 ppl using FGS and looking at eachother like WTF happened here while Hodgins was eaten in the other room, with a ranger…. (happened to play ele that time))

And yes I know 4 fiery rushes is overkill.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Please ANET fix Detha

RedStar.4218

Once we got Detha fighting 2 elite gravelings. She killed them both, alone.

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

If you go back and kill the monsters it probably won’t fix this. Nor will killing Kohler and take the WP.

Just speculation.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Hopefully ANet fixes the explorable paths so that you cannot skip events and complete the path. (Would be killing blow to solo dungeon runners, if they cannot complete all events during the path)

You actually don’t know whether it’s intended at all or not. Skipping isn’t something that needs fixing either, and there’s no reason to kill solo dungeon running when it’s one of the few interesting things left to do.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I’ve never had this problem with Detha when I didn’t skip stuff and just killed things – Kholer, the gravelings and the oozes.

Although to “fix” the self-imposed bug, pulling oozes to kill Detha while the players stay out of the way and let her die sometimes works.

This bug should certainly be fixed, but if you don’t want Detha to bug in AC path 2, DO THE kitten CONTENT.

Please ANET fix Detha

Cuddy.6247

It doesn’t fix it, but the way to prevent the bug is by just killing stuff. I’ve had a 100% success rate in AC path 2 by killing Kholer and the skippable mobs. When skipping, I’ve probably got a 50/50 shot. The “inconvenience” of killing Kholer or a few gravelings/oozes isn’t nearly as large as the inconvenience of Detha bugging.

Please ANET fix Detha

RedStar.4218

Killing Kholer has nothing to do with it. Skipping the mobs has though and it’s why for more than a year during guild runs we killed them. But PuGs still don’t.

And it’s not like Detha is the only NPC who wants trigger the events. Rox and Braham are doing a fine job too.

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

going to estimate that ive done it 50 times since us pugs started to wait till detha is out of combat before bringing her to the center and only once has she bugged out

i was pretty sure we all waited but that one time she bugged out and could not be fixed

so estimate 98% success if everyone including detha drops combat before bringing her to center

of course you could kill everything

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

In all cases I got now 15k maybe 20k ac tokens in almost 2 years. I had the Detha bug happen to me maybe a dozen, max 20 times. Personally I prefer to kill Kohler as he gives a chest/bag/wp.
But Kohler is optional.

The door thinghy as I posted above happened to me at least 50 times, if not more… mostly when running ranger (bow skills), thief or elementalist, or when carrying FGS. I see people flash through that door about 1 in every 3 run…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Please ANET fix Detha

Lamir.6702

I’ve never had this problem with Detha when I didn’t skip stuff and just killed things – Kholer, the gravelings and the oozes.

Although to “fix” the self-imposed bug, pulling oozes to kill Detha while the players stay out of the way and let her die sometimes works.

This bug should certainly be fixed, but if you don’t want Detha to bug in AC path 2, DO THE kitten CONTENT.

“Self-imposed bug.” I like the way you think.

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I think the only way that Arena.net would divert significant effort to fix this bug is if you could demonstrate it occurring while playing the dungeon the way it is “supposed” to be run. I don’t think they’ll have much sympathy for the dungeon bugging otherwise.

Please ANET fix Detha

XPilo.5862

If you look the screenshot you will see that we killed Kholler.

Please ANET fix Detha

Cuddy.6247

The bug only happens when you skip content. I’ve had an undeniable 100% success rate by killing stuff. So yes, it’s self-imposed.

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

The bug only happens when you skip content. I’ve had an undeniable 100% success rate by killing stuff. So yes, it’s self-imposed.

Are you referring to skipping kohler or something else?

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Actually the bug is reproduced by having her get struck/put in combat as she starts her monologue.

As stated above wont happen if you clear trash instead of running past it.
Once it does occur though your only option is to restart your run. Waypointing and Wiping wont fix it.

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

I’m not going to defend Anet (this bug should have been fixed, I agree) but you can easily prevent this bug from occurring by standing in the corner (not the middle) until Detha becomes out of combat (only takes 15 seconds max). Then lure her to start the next event.

This does not always work. The event script needs to be rewritten, there’s nothing else to say about it. Why Anet refuses to put someone on the task of writing a working script for Detha in AC P2 after 2 years is beyond me, they can’t be that destitute.

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Probably because they figure they aren’t responsible for glitches that occur when the user tries to go outside the intended content (i.e. skipping mobs).

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

the problem has nothing to do with skipping content [stated already]
it’s simply Detha can not do her cinematic in combat..
{ see attachment }
starting at the small orange circle
get to the first green circle and cut up the stairs trying not to get ambushed by skelks
second green circle, someone should pop the door open with the chains and by the third circle oozes will spawn, this is where you and everyone in your party Need to Break combat and create as much Distance from you and your mobs.. you And Everyone in your Team should be at the last green circle, out of combat and Detha should follow..
if any mobs are past the gate it’s a bad sign and the event will probably glitch..
if you can’t get detha to sit still with your team, you may have to kill a skelk or an ooze.. if the mobs are fighting eachother you may have to wait until one dies.. If it is in a position to glitch when you started the event, guess what.. it’ll glitch, and your best bet is to trick mobs into killing detha and respawning her center stage when mobs are gone…

now please define “skipping content” because i have no idea how this dungeon is “supposed to be run” or anyone in their right mind who kills every spider and skelk and ghost… arena net isn’t “punishing the skippers and rewarding people who play content correctly” hah, that’ll be the day they are simply leaving a dungeon that is ‘well enough’ “alone”… do you really think it takes over a year to fix the mob which serves the first boss for the first three explorable paths of the game? they could have filled that ditch in so no one could exploit it, it would have taken little effort.. and tell me why the only ghost slaying potion in the game cost 35 silver a swig?

and there’s no reason to kill solo dungeon running when it’s one of the few interesting things left to do.

there’s a difference between interesting and broken

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Please ANET fix Detha

XPilo.5862

the problem has nothing to do with skipping content [stated already]
it’s simply Detha can not do her cinematic in combat..
{ see attachment }
starting at the small orange circle
get to the first green circle and cut up the stairs trying not to get ambushed by skelks
second green circle, someone should pop the door open with the chains and by the third circle oozes will spawn, this is where you and everyone in your party Need to Break combat and create as much Distance from you and your mobs.. you And Everyone in your Team should be at the last green circle, out of combat and Detha should follow..
if any mobs are past the gate it’s a bad sign and the event will probably glitch..
if you can’t get detha to sit still with your team, you may have to kill a skelk or an ooze.. if the mobs are fighting eachother you may have to wait until one dies.. If it is in a position to glitch when you started the event, guess what.. it’ll glitch, and your best bet is to trick mobs into killing detha and respawning her center stage when mobs are gone…

now please define “skipping content” because i have no idea how this dungeon is “supposed to be run” or anyone in their right mind who kills every spider and skelk and ghost… arena net isn’t “punishing the skippers and rewarding people who play content correctly” hah, that’ll be the day they are simply leaving a dungeon that is ‘well enough’ “alone”… do you really think it takes over a year to fix the mob which serves the first boss for the first three explorable paths of the game? they could have filled that ditch in so no one could exploit it, it would have taken little effort.. and tell me why the only ghost slaying potion in the game cost 35 silver a swig?

and there’s no reason to kill solo dungeon running when it’s one of the few interesting things left to do.

there’s a difference between interesting and broken

We did this way, and is no the fisrt time that she glitch even went we do the “righ” way. Wait for Detha get out of combat helps, but is no 100% safe.

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Not 100% safe but it’s still quite reliable. The sheer righteousness some people in this thread are vomiting out of their keyboards trying to claim how the dungeon was intended is kind of nauseous to read though.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Please ANET fix Detha

Lamir.6702

All bugs I encounter only happen when I start up the game client and log into the game. Ergo, all bugs I encounter are self-imposed.

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: CathShadow.9507

CathShadow.9507

We were new to this dungeon (VERY recently), Killed EVERYTHING, did EVERYTHING, got to where the chains are… and bugged. there was nothing left in the dungeon when we got there to get her killed to reset or anything.

Kinda don’t want to bother with this path after that happened → wasted all the effort killing mobs, doing all the content, just to get to a place where you have to quit to fix it.

Hounds of Hades [HH] – Contact us for raid training!

Please ANET fix Detha

Cuddy.6247

Are you referring to skipping kohler or something else?

Skipping anything – Kholer, the gravelings, oozes. There are several adds that people skip for the hell of it and I find if you don’t kill them, Detha’s likely to bug. I imagine it is an issue with her never truly getting out of “combat mode” and getting stuck in some sort of in-between Twilight Zone phase – while it’s certainly a bug, it can be avoided by just stacking in a corner and killing 2 trash mobs.

All bugs I encounter only happen when I start up the game client and log into the game. Ergo, all bugs I encounter are self-imposed.

That’s not how self-imposition works. A bug that can occur through no fault of the player, or a bug can occur because of what a player does or doesn’t do – such at this one.

(edited by Cuddy.6247)

Please ANET fix Detha

Cuddy.6247

arena net isn’t "punishing the skippers

Well of course they aren’t punishing the skippers. I’m sure they didn’t purposely design Detha to bug by getting stuck in an in-between combat and passive phase. The bug itself can just be avoided by spending like 2 minutes to kill 2 mobs.

(edited by Cuddy.6247)

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

You can fix the bug by getting her killed by mobs. Literally had that bug and fixed it this way today.

… I still want tengu.

Please ANET fix Detha

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Interesting stuff is: there are actually 2 bugs that can happen to Detha.
1. If Detha is still infight when starting her monologue she won’t build the traps. This can be debugged by killing Detha. Easyest way is for one player to sacrifice himself. Detha then tries to revive that player and dies in the process. Sometimes you have to kill the grastling that killed Detha afterwards, but that’s not always necessary to remove the bug.
2. If you wp to Kohlers waypoint immediately after killing the Grastling-Breeder then Detha won’t start her dialogue with the Ghost. This bug can’t be debugged once it happens. You can only protect yourself from it by staying at Detha’s side until she says that she collected enough bait.

You can easily tell witch bug you have. Did Detha talk to the ghost? Then it’s 1. If she didn’t then it’s 2.

It’s sad that GW2 is a game where you have to be constantly aware of it’s bugs and behave in a manner that prevents those bugs from happening. Most of the bugs in dungeons happen because the players are too fast. If you leave the npcs behind they will feel useless, go into a corner and eat glue. Be nice to the npcs and they will help you finish the dungeon.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul