Please Increase Bank Tab Limit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Currently right now the Bank Tab cap is 14 including the one you start with.

As PoF is about to come out later on in September.. having only 14 Bank Tabs is not enough. I am already struggling with the stuff I have now with Core + HoT

We need more Bank Tabs.. it would be nice is there was no cap to allow us to get whatever we feel necessary. Why limit us?

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I think there might be limits due to server infrastructure but that’s their’s to answer.

ANet, this and some more shared inventory spots and yeah, I think you could plan on some gem sales. +1 here.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Can you make a screen?
I don’t understand what a player could have inside 14 Bank tabs.

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

Can you make a screen?

ikr? OP should stop hoarding :>

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Can you make a screen?

Simple hoarding. I have max slots and I maybe use a third of them.

Shirlias.8104

You can then use extra character slots with bags….

TheGrimm.5624

Can you make a screen?

How a player might have used up 14 bank tabs you mean?

Doing a screen shot asks for your account to be targeted for hacks honestly so I wouldn’t ask the anyone for that. But can give you some examples form various players I know or have discussed this with in the past (and granted some of these peeps are packrats):

1-2 tabs toys, collectibles, ingame novelty items, widgets, seasonal items
1-2 tabs Black Lion Chest drop items
1-3 tabs zone booster, zone pots, WvW/PvP pots, ToKs
1 tab – WvW siege, items, materials, tricks/traps
1 tab – food and utilities for various toons/builds if the player play more than 6 toons
1-6 tabs ascended rings, accessories, amulets
1-6 tabs ascended armor and weapons
1-14 tabs materials that don’t fit in maxed collections
1-3 tabs on craftable pre-cursors items and items needed for various stages
1-14 tabs if the player is a trader or specialty item trader
1-3 tabs for items moving between toons or items collected on one toon but need
opened on another, aka farming toons moving items to salvaging toons
1-14 tabs items for preparing for guild hall expansions in PoF
1-14 tabs loot bags awaiting opening for bag changes/future material needs
1 tab zone currencies/keys
1-14 tabs of things that don’t stack that should (example: salvaging kits)

Just some examples to help picture things.

TheGrimm.5624

For those opposed, how does this impact you if others are asking for more space? I could see if you were indicating you were concerned with ingame economy but outside of that not certain how it impacts other players. This is more than likely a database setting in a record versus programming change. I could see issues with unlimited but not with further expanding.

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

You can then use extra character slots with bags….

or multiple guilds.

14 slots is 420 slots yeah? I dunno how you could fill that. Although, I also do not know why ANet would make a cap, since if they get funding for providing them on the software side, they can actually provide them on the hardware side.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

My bank is not full, but I’d buy more bank slots and shared slots if offered. More opportunities to organize is a good thing.

Shirlias.8104

Guid tabs will also do the things.

TheGrimm.5624

Guid tabs will also do the things.

I can site just myself for this one. Not in the same shape for PoF. But pre HoT and knowing about the guild hall filled two personal guilds inventory space with mats and bags and drained it all in leveling the real guild’s hall and that wasn’t even doing it alone. The halls were a large material sync. Some people might have been doing the same in prep for PoF.

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

For those opposed, how does this impact you if others are asking for more space? I could see if you were indicating you were concerned with ingame economy but outside of that not certain how it impacts other players. This is more than likely a database setting in a record versus programming change. I could see issues with unlimited but not with further expanding.

No one is opposing it though.
They’re just listing other solution OP can use for storing stuff.

Posted by: ElectricGoat.8253

ElectricGoat.8253

People should be able to buy as many bank tabs as needed. Each one progressively more expensive of course.

TheGrimm.5624

No one is opposing it though.
They’re just listing other solution OP can use for storing stuff.

Fair enough suggestions. Though bank slots can be accessed without having to change toons where as toons created as mules require a player to exit instances if they are in the middle of something and need something to support an activity.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

It’s really like with stuff in real life. If you keep getting more of it without throwing something else out, you will eventually run out of space. You have basically four options then.

1. stop getting more stuff
2. throw other things out
3. get more space
4. do nothing and drown in stuff

1. is a really good option for me, because most of the stuff we hoard, we don’t really need and things usually cost money to get. Even if you get stuff for free, it costs real estate. This doesn’t matter much if you live in the country side, but for me, every square meter is very valuable, since real estate is really expensive where I live. If I have 5 boxes with stuff that I haven’t touched for a year, I know exactly how much I’m paying for the space it takes up per month.

2. If I really think a new thing will add value to my life, I try to get rid of something else that doesn’t anymore. That reminds me to get rid of old books I will never touch in my whole life anymore. To not fill up my available space, I need to decide what I throw out. Get a new set of clothes? Check which ones you didn’t wear in the last year and are unlikely to wear in the near future, get rid of it.

3. getting more space is an option, but expensive. I have to evaluate if the stuff I want to get gives me enough value so it’s worth expanding my space. Thing is, even if you get more space, it just delays the problem you face. Adding a new furniture to store more stuff very often leads to the same situation two months later. Space you have will be filled eventually. I remember when we had very little space on hard disks compared to today. You wanted to store your pictures and music, and you got more space, then you filled it up again, so you needed more space. Today you can easily fill a 4TB disk with pictures and music. The only viable solution was to stop saving stuff, and services exist now that allow you to listen to your favourite music without storing it on your hard disk. Same with videos and pictures. 3. is not a solution, it just postpones the problem.

4. is nothing we really want in our lives, I think we can agree here.

I think the main question that needs to be answered is: do you really need 7 slots filled with boosters? When was the last time you used one? Can those old quest items be destroyed savely? What about that dwarf thumb? ^^
Is is it smarter to sell the stacks of goods and buy them back in 3 months when you actually need them?

Here’s a screenshot of my current bank, need to clean it up too:

http://imgur.com/a/udJjU

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Vegeta.2563

Can you make a screen?

Doing a screen shot asks for your account to be targeted for hacks honestly so I wouldn’t ask the anyone for that. But can give you some examples form various players I know or have discussed this with in the past (and granted some of these peeps are packrats):

1 tab – food and utilities for various toons/builds if the player play more than 6 toons

1. Toys, Tonics, Seasonal Stuff (SAB mostly) taking up 1 Tab.
2. Boosters, Revive Orbs, TP To Friends, Single Use Black Lion Items, etc taking up 1 tab.
3. WvW items (Siege including Superior & Guild), food, reward track pots taking up 2 tabs.
4. Black Lion Salvage Kits.. only 25 charges each.. taking up 3 tabs.
5. Champ Bags stored away for as needed material when necessary. Most of my material is reaching cap so opening the bags would just give me mats that would take up even more space in my bank. This is taking up 3 tabs.
6. Ascended Rings, Accessories, Amulets, and Armor for different builds for different characters. Taking up 4 tabs. (am working on Legendary armor via WvW but that’ll take a while).

I mean I “could” get a character slot and put some stuff on it, but that defeats the purpose if having a permanent bank contract to access your belongings.

Also I do own a personal guild, but only have Treasure Trove unlocked, but not Deep Cave as I didn’t have enough time before HoT came out.. and didn’t even realize you could get more space past Treasure Trove until it was too late. However my entire Trove is filled up with ToT bags.

When PoF releases, we will have 5 maps, and who knows those maps could have each of their own type of items and what not. So it’ll be even worse. More tabs are necessary.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Can you make a screen?

1. Toys, Tonics, Seasonal Stuff (SAB mostly) taking up 1 Tab.
2. Boosters, Revive Orbs, TP To Friends, Single Use Black Lion Items, etc taking up 1 tab.
3. WvW items (Siege including Superior & Guild), food, reward track pots taking up 2 tabs.
4. Black Lion Salvage Kits.. only 25 charges each.. taking up 3 tabs.
5. Champ Bags stored away for as needed material when necessary. Most of my material is reaching cap so opening the bags would just give me mats that would take up even more space in my bank. This is taking up 3 tabs.
6. Ascended Rings, Accessories, Amulets, and Armor for different builds for different characters. Taking up 4 tabs. (am working on Legendary armor via WvW but that’ll take a while).

I mean I “could” get a character slot and put some stuff on it, but that defeats the purpose if having a permanent bank contract to access your belongings.

Also I do own a personal guild, but only have Treasure Trove unlocked, but not Deep Cave as I didn’t have enough time before HoT came out.. and didn’t even realize you could get more space past Treasure Trove until it was too late. However my entire Trove is filled up with ToT bags.

When PoF releases, we will have 5 maps, and who knows those maps could have each of their own type of items and what not. So it’ll be even worse. More tabs are necessary.

You know you could always sell materials on the tp and buy it back later when needed?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Can you make a screen?

It’s trivial to fill up 14 Bank Tabs.

That said, adding more storage rarely solved the root issue for most people. As others have suggested, the more likely issue is inventory management. Folks need to make time to learn how to deal with stuffy stuff stuff, because the older any game gets, the more stuff we get.

I’d certainly buy more slots if they become available. All the same, I doubt anyone who is burst at 14 slots is going to have more than a month or two of 60-free slots if the limit is increased to 16.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

OP is likely in the extreme minority. I have every bank tab unlocked and never come close to using all of the space

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

I would love more bank space. Even if they put another row in the existing bank tabs instead of increasing the tab cap, that would help. >.>

But I also openly admit that I’m sort of a hoarder (though I have seen worse cases among my game friends). I keep a ton of stuff that I probably don’t need to but it will either help me out down the line, makes my head happy until I feel I can safely be rid of it, is holiday stuff I am holding onto for the next year, or is nostalgia.

Their last batch of deposit-able items helped clear out at least a bank tab worth of stuff, though, thank goodness. If they keep adding more things to the list of being able to deposit them, that will help keep my bank not quite as bad.

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

Posted by: Nevostrius.2758

Nevostrius.2758

I always asked who is willing to pay almost 10 bucks for a bank tab. Well, here you go.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I always asked who is willing to pay almost 10 bucks for a bank tab. Well, here you go.

I bought all of them, and pretty much everything else, with gold. For all we know, the OP did the same too.

Posted by: Drecien.4508

Drecien.4508

Make a personal guild and upgrade the bank.

14 level 80s All races/professions
Server-Blackgate, are there others?
Some must fight, so that all may be free. —Amora Soulkeeper.

TheGrimm.5624

Not opposed if they added cash only bank tabs if it gave us more storage options. And yes, increase it by 10 tomorrow and would be happy to pass them another $100 USD tonight.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

If they ever make it possible to convert one-use unlocked skins to transmutation charges, I’ll get several bank tabs free. I paid cash for almost all those skins, so I resent losing the cash value of the charges. If it was five charges I’d be “meh whatever” but it’s closer to 100 charges worth.

Meanwhile I sit on a maxed bank that is almost completely full, and -was- full before Linsey’s wondrous storage mats changes.

So yeah, I’d like more bank tabs. I’d like them to be nameable. But I’d get so much space just by letting skins that are effectively merely transmutation charges get moved to the wallet charges count that I’d no longer need more tabs. I sure hope that’s a QoL they’ve been working on on the sly for PoF.

Posted by: Evga.2471

Evga.2471

I would like to see at least 20 bank tabs. The 14 bank tabs I have are filled with seasonal items, BL items, weapons for my other characters. and over flow of crafting materials. The reason I hoard this stuff is that I have no time to play the game to the fullest. So I just keep collecting items and as the Charr say “You can never have to much treasure”.

(edited by Evga.2471)

Posted by: ShalmaneserIII.8571

ShalmaneserIII.8571

I just want the ability to compact and deposit from bank. It is there for inventory, why not for bank?

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I share the same sentiment as the OP, would love additional bank tabs. Also more shared inventory slots would also be welcome.

Vegeta.2563

Make a personal guild and upgrade the bank.

I already have Treasure Trove before HoT came out.. I can’t get Deep Cave because that requires a level 32 guild.. and that’s not happening with a “personal” guild..

Vegeta.2563

OP is likely in the extreme minority. I have every bank tab unlocked and never come close to using all of the space

I’m on the game 16+ hours a day. 10 of those hours into WvW, 6 into farming stuff.

I guess it depends on how long you play each day.. even though you have all tabs unlocked.. yours might not be even close to full cuz you don’t play as long?

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

most forget that things like Pile of Bloodstone Dust, Dragonite Ore Empyreal Fragment Bottle of Airship Oil and so forth at one time had to set in our bank tab slots till we could use them for crafting . if we was going for ascended items to keep our toon slots open ..

I have 7 tabs myself and until the changes with them items was made. I had 4 tabs of Bloodstone Dust and 3 tabs of Dragonite Ore Empyreal Fragment and so forth taken up a lot of my bank space. till I could do the ascended crafting .. after a year break from the game its self

when I came back to the game and the changes was made and I did not have to get a gem card for more tabs . it was a good thing . even tho I still have 3 bank tabs full of the Dragonite Ore Empyreal Fragment which I will use for ascended crafting soon as I get the other need items .

I will say this even tho I do not need them right now . I admit and think it be nice to have more bank space for down the road when pof comes out . so if need to store more ascended items till a change happens again or the items are crafted .
I do believe having more bank tabs is a good thing . just some of us like to craft when we are able to do so . even if we have to wait to do it and if no other reason at all then other than its good for the game .

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

What I want is the kittening ability to sort my bank. Even if I have to pay for it.

Manually sorting is so dumb for 14 tabs of bank.