Please Open up the Weapons...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Carcharon.3854

Carcharon.3854

Have ben playing the game since launch and tried out each of the professions. I would like to suggest opening up the weapons more across the classes. I would love to be able to equip a rifle on a thief or a ranger. Engineers should be able to use a hammer or mace at least to recalibrate equipment and enemies. Staffs can at least be used by non-magical professions as clubs or quarterstaff style, harpoons-spears would be great to have outside the water and anyone should be able to pick up a pistol.

I understand that there would be some need to play balance these weapons and abilities across the game that fit the style of the class, but I think it would add new life to a lot of people that are getting bored with the limits they have reached so quickly with characters they have invested so much time in.

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

I would also like them to make weapon skills selectable. Having fixed weapon skills makes things boring. I would rather be able to choose my own skills from a collection of skills like how we can choose our own set of utility skills.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

It’s something that was heavily discussed in the CDI- Horizontal Progression thread. I do believe they plan on opening up more weapons to more classes, but no definitive answer was given as far as I know.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Have ben playing the game since launch and tried out each of the professions. I would like to suggest opening up the weapons more across the classes. I would love to be able to equip a rifle on a thief or a ranger. Engineers should be able to use a hammer or mace at least to recalibrate equipment and enemies. Staffs can at least be used by non-magical professions as clubs or quarterstaff style, harpoons-spears would be great to have outside the water and anyone should be able to pick up a pistol.

I understand that there would be some need to play balance these weapons and abilities across the game that fit the style of the class, but I think it would add new life to a lot of people that are getting bored with the limits they have reached so quickly with characters they have invested so much time in.

It’s not a matter of “opening up” more weapons. What you are talking about requires implementation of entirely new things. They’d have to come up with move set and animations for each weapon type for each class that couldn’t use it before as well as balance them against existing weapon sets and against each other. That’s far more difficult then you think.