Please Put Map Links In The Daily Prop Sheet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I don’t want links on the map or in the right panel, but inside, in the property sheet for each daily, say ore from xxx, xxx, xxx or a specific event such as a dungeon would be SO helpful.

I am very directionally challenged – so trying to find some things on the maps even after five years is not exactly fun.

Simple change, codes already exist, it’s a quality of life change that is long overdue.

-Thanks

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Doombringer BG.3740

Doombringer BG.3740

Learning names of maps and pressing M is so hard, indeed. /sarcasm

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The gathering dailies already tell you which maps, if you click on them. The Mini-Dungeons, etc. already show you where they are on the map, if you click on them.

There’s always the Wiki if something isn’t already explained on the Daily UI.

Good luck.

atheria.2837

Learning names of maps and pressing M is so hard, indeed. /sarcasm

And adding a quality of life item that is easily changed is going to hurt you how?

/Not Sarcasm.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Hyrai.8720

Hyrai.8720

I’ve never seen a daily “ore from map x”
Those dailies always include a whide part of the map, say “ore from ascalon”, “vista from orr” etc.
so what you want is basically a UI that tells you “vista from orr – orr includes the following maps: … – here’s where to find them: …”?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

While I can appreciate being map dyslexic, the harvesting and vistas dailies are regions not singular maps, so they can’t really put a link for those.

Maybe make a list of what maps are in what regions? This site names the regions: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Region Clicking on one brings up the site with the map names and a picture of the region

Example
Ascalon. Has names of the maps near the bottom and this picture

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe it would help if you describe the maps to yourself as a group and learn where the groups are on the map

For myself, I use something like this
Ascalon: Charr area, brown maps on far right/east
Shiverpeaks: Norn, white maps
Kryta: Humans, green central maps
Maguuma jungle: both Asura and Sylvari maps, core Tyrian maps on far left/west and maps below Lions Arch
Orr: brown maps in the south

Use whatever description makes sense to you and remember them as a grouped area on your mental map of the world.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

atheria.2837

This is an ADA issue, not something that should be ignored.

Many of us are disabled who play this game.

We need to be heard and not marginalized.

atheria.2837

Maybe it would help if you describe the maps to yourself as a group and learn where the groups are on the map

Ascalon: Charr area, brown maps on far right/east
Shiverpeaks: Norn, white maps
Kryta: Humans, green central maps
Maguuma jungle: both Asura and Sylvari maps, core Tyrian maps on far left/west and maps below Lions Arch
Orr: brown maps in the south

Use whatever description makes sense to you and remember them as a grouped area on your mental map of the world.

“Learn” the maps"?

When some do not understand others’ disabilities it becomes necessary for someone to educate them on those disabilities.

I am disabled. I have no sense of direction.

I have a broken immune system – six pneumonias in eight years.

I am practically housebound – many times when I go out I become sick for days or weeks that isn’t ‘pneumonia’.

My genetic damage can’t be overcome by ‘learning’ which can’t happen in a brain damaged by medical personnel who abused medicines galore in sixty years. Genetics aside, I was medically abused by doctors who didn’t comprehend the drugs they were using on a very sick body with genetic damage.

If you don’t understand disability, I have no way to get you to understand that some of us can’t find Walmart without a gps – let alone ‘memorize’ maps even in a game we’ve been playing for five years straight.

I have some of my memory and brain function back after significant drug abuse by DOCTORS, but I can’t do directions, it’s a disability, not laziness.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I’ve never seen a daily “ore from map x”
Those dailies always include a wide part of the map, say “ore from ascalon”, “vista from orr” etc.

This is correct.

• Gathering is regional and the related maps are given in the event description. Today’s reads: “Gather raw materials by harvesting trees in the following Heart of Maguuma maps: Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, Tangled Depths, and Dragon’s Stand.”
  • Daily Event Completers are specific to a map, which can be ascertained by knowing or looking up the regions and then searching for the map within that region. For instance, today’s says, “Complete events in Caledon Forest in the Maguuma Jungle.” So I head to the Maguuma Jungle area of the world map and find Caledon Forest and away I go.
  • Daily Adventures have a link within the notice that shows you exactly where the adventure is sited. Sometimes you may need to click that link twice to go to the world map and see where it is and then click again to identify the nearest waypoint, but it’s very functional.

• Ascalon: Charr area, brown maps on far right/east
  • Shiverpeaks: Norn, white maps
  • Kryta: Humans, green central maps
  • Maguuma jungle: both Asura and Sylvari maps, core Tyrian maps on far left/west and maps below Lions Arch
  • Orr: brown maps in the south

I do something very similar. Sometimes, even after all this time, I muddle Orr and “Charrland” as I call Ascalon, but I get there eventually.

atheria — asking for a change of this nature is a very significant request. It’s not a “simple” alteration to the game at all, as it would involve a major code, art, and UI change, and it would need to be done in four languages. In truth, you have the ability to address your specific needs by printing a map of the five regions, or just drawing a sketch that shows Orr in the lower center; Ascalon in the upper right, etc. I completely understand that you cannot remember the locations, but you can make a tool for yourself that will help you and that is by far the most practical resolution for this personal situation.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

http://forum.renaka.com/topic/5546166/1/
GW2Navi can do that and then some more. Has GPS feature and you can get chat codes for waypoints and stuff. It is just an overlay that uses API so its not a “legal hack” like dps meters.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

http://forum.renaka.com/topic/5546166/1/
GW2Navi can do that and then some more. Has GPS feature and you can get chat codes for waypoints and stuff. It is just an overlay that uses API so its not a “legal hack” like dps meters.

Thanks for sharing that idea, too, TheRandomGuy. It sounds like a very useful tool… although I’m a little unclear about what it intended to be linked in the reference to the tool being “ArenaNet promoted.”

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet