Please Remove Favor Cost from Guild Hall

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kelgo.5481

Kelgo.5481

Some guilds are not into the activities that grant favor so the minor 100 favor to purchase the guild hall is overkill (maybe charge 200 gold instead?). also there should be alternate ways for guilds that are into role playing, exploring, questing, crafting, or just hanging out to earn favor (maybe at a slower rate?)I think all guilds deserve an opportunity to enjoy a guild hall regardless of their preferred play style.

Thoughts?

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

200 gold is overkill.

100 favor can be easily acquired via easy guild missions.

weekly easy pvp conquest guild mission can be cleared by 3 guild members. 5 guild members will make it faster.

that will earn you 300 favor.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The influence system is exactly what you’re describing; they could have kept it and had the guild hall require influence. That would have been easier than creating a whole new system. But they deliberately made the decision to change to the current favor system. So I’d say you’re out of luck.

Kelgo.5481

Thanks that’s the way I’m working on doing it however the PVP mission was bugged and didn’t give credit.
However the point has also been made elsewhere that you are forcing guilds that might not be into those activities to do them if they want a hall and upgrades. People play an mmo like gw2 for various reason and all of them deserve the right to play the way they want to for their money as long as it doesn’t hurt other players (which a guild hall doesn’t)

Kelgo.5481

Agreed on keeping the influence as currency.

Kelgo.5481

Or make it so you can trade existing influence at the guild initiative instead of the tavern.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Or make it so you can trade existing influence at the guild initiative instead of the tavern.

I traded my influence for Favor at the Guild Initiative building. Just need to speak to the pertinent NPC.

Kelgo.5481

I couldn’t find the person, a gm ticket told me it was only at the tavern, maybe they changed it.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Don’t think so. I did it on the first day, I believe. Pretty sure they showed him on the Guild Chat/PoI stream, as well.

Regardless, he (or she…can’t remember) is there in LA.

Good luck.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

I couldn’t find the person, a gm ticket told me it was only at the tavern, maybe they changed it.

If you don’t have Guild Hall, the Favor Broker will be in Initiative Office, on the left row of npcs from entrance and near the end door.

If you have Guild Hall, Favor Broker will be on the left of where you arrive at Guild Hall.

However, if your current influence is below the lowest trading option, the npc will NOT appear. How much do you have? lowest is 10000 inf IIRC
And tavern has nothing to do with trading influence. The GM got something wrong.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Kyle.5931

Kyle.5931

the NPC is in the LA guild initiatives building. You can immediately convert influence to favor. It’s called Favor Broker.

Conversion rate is 10k influence to 50 favor.

Posted by: piza.9310

piza.9310

Is this for real? Like, for real? I did 1 guild bounty easy solo. I now have 400 favor. Is this too much work for you? Like for real? Do you even want to play the game or should we just turn this into cookie clicker?

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I’d totally go for oposite variant – remove gold requirement while increasing favor…..
[200 favor and no gold? :P]

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Influence worked fine as it was. There was no need to replace it with two other currencies that are not only more annoying to get, but can’t even be gotten on your own now.

Kelgo.5481

If a guild has not unlocked that content their only option is the pvp mission.

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

They got it wrong when they decided to stop giving Influence /Favor for normal gameplay around the world as far as im concerned.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Influence worked fine as it was. There was no need to replace it with two other currencies that are not only more annoying to get, but can’t even be gotten on your own now.

Influence was not fine. It awarded population, logins, and gold more than it rewarded actually playing together.

The favor system rewards actually playing the game with your guild.

They specifically made this change to make guild content more accessible and rewarding to guilds, and less accessible or just plain impossible for solo players that want to gain guild benefits without actually having a guild.

That said, you can get favor solo. many of the pve missions are totally soloable. In fact, this week’s medium difficulty race can easily be done alone, and will give you more than enough favor to claim a hall.

You will need two or more allies to claim the hall itself based purely on DPS check timers, and you’ll need extremely good RNG, but if you’re interested in spending gold, I bet you could pay someone to help you, or you know, be friendly and just ask for a little help for this one time thing you’ll only ever have to do once.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

If a guild has not unlocked that content their only option is the pvp mission.

False.

Mission types are not tied to any unlocks at all any more.

Click the little gear icon at the top of the mission window if you’d like to only receive a specific type of mission (wvw, pvp, or pve) and at the next reset and from there on you will only be given that type of mission.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ