Please Remove Map Completion from PvP Areas

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Here’s an example of where your “veterans” argument is confused: When the NPE hit, what were the majority of complaints about? Most of the veterans who were complaining were upset because now when they go to level alts, they will get a “dumbed down”/altered experience. They weren’t upset because new players will have an easier time leveling, that’s for sure; some of them were upset that new players may have a less fun time leveling, due to the altered experience, but they actually weren’t bothered about the kind of thing you’re referring to.

In fact, I bet that if a change like this happened, most veterans complaints would be about “me, the veteran” not being able to do map completion the “hard way” anymore. You’re confused about what aspect of those changes even bother people significantly in the first place.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

And to the person who doesn’t believe that I captured SM on ET, that is fine. You can believe whatever you want, but it did happen. Heck you can ask people on ET that SM does indeed get captured from time to time and is NOT an impossible feat like people make it out to be.

Sure SM does get captured from time to time, just not by my server. Unless you have a concrete plan on how just 1 player, with only 2 hours to play each day due to real life responsibilities, can change his entire server to be a WvW god, I suggest you stop giving such advice.

Well, WvW isn’t a 1 person mode is it? Neither is most dungeon paths. I gave decent advice. If you aren’t willing to listen to it or want to capture something that requires multiple people, you can continue to bang your head against that wall. Good luck!

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Here’s an example of where your “veterans” argument is confused: When the NPE hit, what were the majority of complaints about? Most of the veterans who were complaining were upset because now when they go to level alts, they will get a “dumbed down”/altered experience. They weren’t upset because new players will have an easier time leveling, that’s for sure; some of them were upset that new players may have a less fun time leveling, due to the altered experience, but they actually weren’t bothered about the kind of thing you’re referring to.

In fact, I bet that if a change like this happened, most veterans complaints would be about “me, the veteran” not being able to do map completion the “hard way” anymore. You’re confused about what aspect of those changes even bother people significantly in the first place.

Sorry, that analogy makes no sense and seems way out of context.

As stated previously I have no issue with a “split”. One title for WvW, one for PvE and a third for attaining both entailing the relevant reward. I do however take exception to those wanting the same reward for less effort.

I’m not confused in regards to the aspects bothering players.This and other threads on the topic show a clear consensus. Not sure why your so adamant on attempting to tell me what I really mean or why I’m confused? I’ve clearly stated my opinion on the matter.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

(edited by fireflyry.7023)

Labjax.2465

Sorry, that analogy makes no sense and seems way out of context.

As stated previously I have no issue with a “split”. One title for WvW, one for PvE and a third for attaining both entailing the relevant reward. I do however take exception to those wanting the same reward for less effort.

I’m not confused in regards to the aspects bothering players.This and other threads on the topic show a clear consensus. Not sure why your so adamant on attempting to tell me what I really mean or why I’m confused? I’ve clearly stated my opinion on the matter.

I don’t know. I guess in some alternate dimension it matters if we argue about something like this.

By the way, I don’t want it for less effort. I want it to make sense. I actually feel like a revamp of the whole system is needed to make it better.

But that’s probably like priority negative one billion for the devs right now, if they were to even agree that it could use some revamping at all.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

And to the person who doesn’t believe that I captured SM on ET, that is fine. You can believe whatever you want, but it did happen. Heck you can ask people on ET that SM does indeed get captured from time to time and is NOT an impossible feat like people make it out to be.

Sure SM does get captured from time to time, just not by my server. Unless you have a concrete plan on how just 1 player, with only 2 hours to play each day due to real life responsibilities, can change his entire server to be a WvW god, I suggest you stop giving such advice.

That marked on the text is exactly your problem. Unless you want to wait for players capture objectives and then run to them without offering help, you can’t do it by yourself, such mindset doesn’t exist in WvW unless you play on a low tier server where you can solo towers and even keeps sometimes.

You have to be part of the ‘community’, you have to mingle yourself with the WvW players and I am not talking about shouting in map chat that you need a certain PoI because I can tell that most commanders will ignore it, but if you are active, trying to be helpful, I am sure once giving time you will get what you need to finish map completion.

The most common problem is that people leave WvW map for last, which is a huge mistake. You should map WvW while mapping PvE as well. Hop in for 30 min or one hour then go back to PvE, always check your server situation, which objectives are being held. If done this way, you will pretty much finish both maps at the same time or perhaps will need a couple of weeks or so finish WvW still.

On the topic that low pop servers have no chance into taking objectives, I will say that is inaccurate. With a bit of effort, tactic, skirmish and organization of a group you can accomplish that. Yes, I speak of experience. I got my map completion at the worst period possible during the old fixed match ups where ET would be paired with FC and SF and the later would dominate all 4 maps and yet spawn camp us.

For the record, check on Friday how are things in WvW. There are many servers that runs k-trains, which can benefit you, as well as reset when all is chaotic and paper, that’s when you have higher chances.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Completely ignoring all of the pointless “WvW map completion is super easy and fun, I loved it, best experience of my life” answers (which are LIESS!!!!!! YOU LIEEEEE!!!!)
I simply want to give my FULL ENDLESS ETERNAL support to EVERY single post in EVERY FORUM EVER about removing that useless pain from the game, forever.
In all the due honesty, what makes me now hate WvW the most in this game, what makes me completely unwilling to go there ever, even when I’m the most bored and have nothing else to do is the amount of ANGER I grew whenever I had to complete the WvW map for my map completions.

How I see it should be:
Separate WvW and PvE map completion. 2 different achievements, 2 different titles, 2 different looking stars near your character’s name. If you complete both your character will have both stars, otherwise only PvE or WvW one. Would this really be so bad and hard to achieve for the sake of those who hate WvW and those who hate PvE map completion? -.-’

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

(edited by Silvia.9130)

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

When my 60 year old mother, Playing her very first MMO, on her very first computer.

has 5 world completions in less than a year and working on her 6th.

I apologize but I tend to not take these kind of complaints seriously.

Labjax.2465

When my 60 year old mother, Playing her very first MMO, on her very first computer.

has 5 world completions in less than a year and working on her 6th.

I apologize but I tend to not take these kind of complaints seriously.

I can’t decide whether you just insulted the people in this thread or your own mother.

Maybe both?

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I am not really sure why WvW maps still have completionist, other than time consuming to relocate those requirements to Southsun and Dry Top. It really could be done, I just don’t think the developers care to do it.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Let’s be honest. The people complaining on here are truly here for Gift of Exploration for LEGENDARY item crafting with fairly easy WvW completion to get.

I’ve completed WvW mapping on 5 characters, with only 3 PoI on my 6th. I’ve done map completion on 2 characters. I’m only goign after 2 legendaries, but if I wanted more I would not complain about mapping WvW.

Rather, if I have a complaint about the Gift of Exploration, it’s that it is the only reward for World Completion aside from a little bit of AP and a title – which you don’t get for the second and on completions.

I want WvW removed from World Completion not because of the legendary, but because PvE, WvW, and sPvP should not be mixed together.

And while I suggest a second track that contains all five WvW maps and the Heart of the Mists, getting the 3 PoI and 2 WPs in the Heart of the Mists is hardly an issue.

Hell, I’d take having to map the PoI of dungeons over mapping WvW as part of the World Completion. And at least one of the dungeon PoI I’ve never been able to obtain (Zhaitan’s Last Stand), some are just plain old tricky and require doing something before a boss or step.

So don’t go lumping all complaints together, because it’s just false.

So you want the legendary to be something that’s easy to obtain? I’m all for making the legendary truly legendary to have. That truly requires all aspects of the game that you’re allowed to take an actual legendary. And if that happens, I likely will not be able to get one. Because I’m the casual who decides they don’t want to spend the time memorizing rotations and keeping up with the meta. I button mash my skills and use the ones that seem to work the best for me and my button mashing rotation. And my main is a squishy elementalist so I don’t have room for a whole lot of errors.

And hey, guess what, I’ve got my Gifts of Exploration and the Gift of Battle and I’m fully aware you don’t have to play WvW at all to get the WvW components. I’m laughably bad at WvW. My badges of honor, which I had been dreading getting, got handed to me in a couple of AP chests. I got them before they changed the requirement to needing to be rank 14 to get the Gift of Battle. But I likely would have bought the liquid WXP and bought my way up to rank 14.

But the map completion part of WvW is currently the only part of WvW you can’t avoid by buying things or getting enough AP.

Did you even truly read my posts?

I am not saying “make the legendary easier” – I explicitly stated to replace WvW map completion from World Completion, not remove. Replace – as in “put something else in its place”. Theoretically, this would mean same – if not more – difficulty in map completion, but you don’t have to go to WvW but instead can go elsewhere.

Even before the AP chests, it was possible to get the 500 badges without really WvW’ing – via jumping puzzles there. Four puzzles a day, gave about 30 badges give or take. That’d just be about 18 days of doing all four jumping puzzles.

Gift of Exploration is already laughable, really, and is hardly a challenge even with WvW maps – for most players, it’s just the waiting game. So why make players wait? What point is it to time gait the Gift of Exploration?

Instead of time gaiting in an artificial means, would it not be better to extend the World Completion in the direction of the world’s mapping? Dry Top, an extended Southsun Cove, an extended Labyrinthine Cliffs, and extensions elsewhere (such as Claw Island) would be all that’s needed. If Season 2 introduces more zones, then there you go: add those zones in replacement to the WvW areas. Put WvW and sPvP into their own track, so that those who WvW can get a reward for mapping everything.

I never once said “make the Gift of Exploration easy” – I never said “make legendaries easy” either. So don’t put words into my mouth.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Imarion.1650

Imarion.1650

I did not read everything but I completely agree with the OP.
I claimed that since the beginning.
I would even remove WvW exploration from PVE (which means even the borderland exploration).
Give some reward to WvW players when they explore everything.
But do not require PvE players to go to WvW just for this. As the OP said, we do not get fun in WvW and we play for fun.

Imarion

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Guys, it hasn’t changed since launch and it shouldn’t.
I quit reading about halfway through the first page so I can only comment on those: as for personal achievement = solo, someone must not have dungeon master (following your logic)
2nd. Why are you going after map completion the answer is LI’s if it wasn’t you wouldnt be complaining (if it was for the satisfaction then PvE would be enough for you.) If you want the legendary then: shut up and show up, they were meant to be a pain in the kitten. If you enjoyed everything except wvw map completion, congrats the rest of us (namely wvwer) had to suffer through PvE map completion, dungeons, and
mat farming.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Posted by: Imarion.1650

Imarion.1650

If you enjoyed everything except wvw map completion, congrats the rest of us (namely wvwer) had to suffer through PvE map completion, dungeons, and
mat farming.

And indeed I have much compassion for you.
That is why I also proposed to have distinct ways: for WvWers, have a reward, and a way to get the LI by only doing WvW. Same goes for PvEers.
There are more than enough possibilities, like a variant I proposed in another case: ex; after taking 10 forts you get x component for the LI, or after 20 WvW events, or after getting some WvW points (each 1000 WvW points for ex you get a little something), each fort leader has a small drop chance of precursors, etc …

So getting everything will be long, someone of plays a lot will get it faster, which is normal, yet everybody can hope to get one, one day, by actually and exclusevely enjoying the game instead of doing things he is force to do to get the thing.

Imarion

Labjax.2465

If you enjoyed everything except wvw map completion, congrats the rest of us (namely wvwer) had to suffer through PvE map completion, dungeons, and
mat farming.

Man, I’ve been doing it all wrong trying to get enjoyment out of games. All this time, I was supposed to be suffering.

My mistake.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Its way to easy to get legendary weaps at lest wvw map completion makes it a tiny kittenallanging.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Even though one of my toons has map completion due to the fact I play world vs world, I cannot be bothered dragging all my alts through the same process. Hence two are stuck at 96%.
Assume map completion is included in world vs world for a reason. Get more people playing this format of the game.
Also agree map completion should not be included in world vs world. Will this change in the future? probably not.

Posted by: ofLegends.9853

ofLegends.9853

I think it’s refreshing that wvw areas are included in gw2 rather than being stuffed aside like some distant corner of the game no one wants to touch. I like it.

— Former engi main | Bring back my Power Rifle Grenadier!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0OWwwqPxDI

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Just watch an old’ish video about it from wooden potatos interesting listen.

I know I’m replying to an old post, but I hope the devs have watched this video.

When I get to the point where I feel that I should have a legendary, I will not grind for it anymore than I grind for anything else (not much). If it is too difficult to get, I will simply quit playing.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol