Please Restore Personal Story

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

Agreed. Now it’s just weird and confusing.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

/signed

Did anyone in charge go through the current mess and actually sign off on it? If so, why is that person in charge?

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

What they’re going to do is rewrite some stuff to take out the plotholes. They won’t restore the personal story.

Posted by: Zero.4190

Zero.4190

There is no point to complete it now. Because with its current state it is pointless.

>> What they’re going to do is rewrite some stuff to take out the plotholes. They won’t restore the personal story.
Uhm. Where did you know it?

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Hear, hear. I was really bummed out when I found out I would never get to pick the story branches I didn’t choose before, because they are now deleted. I’m not touching the personal story on any of my toons until this mess has been fixed.

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

I played through it once after the change. I’m trying hard to forget the mess they made of it after claw Island.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

They are aware of the issue based on this thread right here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-Coming-to-the-NPE/first

Now the last update I got from Chris was that they are still working on how to address this problem. While I do like the fact that they are working on it, I feel down by the fact that it’s taking longer than necessary to restore what was once there. Although a part of me is thinking that they are adding stuff to the game that would patch the plotholes caused by the realignment if they the developers are discussing this in meetings. If so, I would say it would be fine if we know what would be added to make “getting over it” very easy and at the same time I would say no because I have a feeling that doing so may damage the story even further if not handled effectively. The original Personal Story was flawed, that’s a given. But I’d prefer the original over the new realignment any day because of the fact that it was there on final release. That would be like changing the level order in a single player game post-release.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I only have one last Profession to level up to 80, and that character is frozen in place now at level 36. I won’t touch him until I start seeing people agreeing that overall the Personal Story is working again fairly bug-free. I’m not worried about changes to the story as much as I’m worried about running into bugs and incoherency/inconsistencies in the story. There are whole websites devoted to pointing these things out in movies. People care about it more than you may think.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

After the patch, I kept on with the personal story, as I was about to get my ranger to 80 and wanted to finish it.

Chapter seven saw me meeting a guy called Sayeh al’Rajihd who for some reason already knew me and was quite familiar with me, and marching to kill the eye of zhaitan and purify the source. There, we faced the eye of Zhaiten. Who the duck is Sayeh? and what’s an eye of Zhaitan? Why, after purifying orr, i must supossedly comtinue my quest alone, but then trehearne calls me again to the pact keep for chapter 8?

chapter eight starts with trehearne telling me about a guy named Tonn who apparently died but I have never met before. And then I meet Sayeh for the first time after he was apparently my pal just a few seconds before?This feels like a Tarantino movie directed by David Lynch. Does my character suddenly have amnesia, or am i the guy with amnesia?

people from anet, if you are going to alter a story, make sure you know what the story is about first, or you end up doing really stupid changes like in the last patch.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Personal_story

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

There are now references to events and actions in the aftermath of the removed chapters, which the player never experienced. So those chapters need to be restored.

To be fair that was the case before as well.
I still had the Orb in Fort Trinity even if I had never seen the Orb before and so on.
The other parts (and I assume also the now removed parts) happens even if you personally don’t play them.

All x options does seem to happen during the invasion of Orr, despite which one you choose.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Athrenn.9468

Athrenn.9468

Old post, so sorry for bumping, but i’m running through the personal story right now for my first time ever. I have to agree with everyone who posted before me, the new story arc is absolutely confusing. Please revert this change Anet because I really do not want to continue playing through the story until it has been set straight and once again makes sense.

This was a very sloppy change and it would be nice of you guys if we were allowed to choose to go back in time (I.e. reset our progress in our personal stories to before all the wacky changes take place) so that the story can be experienced as it should be.

(edited by Athrenn.9468)

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I only ran all the way through the personal story once, but I remember thinking the Orr section way way too long.

I may have to go back and try it now to see if I like it better.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” comes to mind.

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Still broken I was trying to finish the story on some of my characters. Before I start the lower level ones. Its horrible.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

It’s a bug, they’re working on it, but it takes time to restore the missing parts and put them in the proper order with the new "chapter’ sequencing, probably a lot harder to put back in then they thought it would be that’s why it’s taking so long.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I only ran all the way through the personal story once, but I remember thinking the Orr section way way too long.

I may have to go back and try it now to see if I like it better.

The orr section takes now as long as before, it’s just been restructured in a pretty random way and divided into 2 chapters.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November