Please Stop Changing Legendaries' Effects

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Some of us obtained them because of what they were at the time we decided to craft or buy them! For me personally: meteorlogicus was a beautiful piece of art before adding purple glow and lightning footsteps. The cloud footsteps and bluish white glow would have been enough; a soft, classy addition.

The Dreamer sounds like I’m torturing horses. The new sound is so shrill it pains my ears. I had to use it for an extensive time last night and had to turn my sound off. I’ve now skinned over a legendary for the second time.

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Same, hate the dreamer now. Luckily I had an ascended bow before I got the dreamer so I will go back to use that again.

Dunno why they can’t leave stuff like this alone

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

be glad you have effects at all look at the howler

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Interesting, I specifically made Meteorlogicus for the purple glow and lightning footsteps. I think it looks cool.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

be glad you have effects at all look at the howler

and i made mine because it dont have it anymore
the “steam” is enought effect for me. no need to add obnoxious sound.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Suppose they should just remove the Dreamer’s sound.
I’d be much happier, at least. >_>#

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I like the Dreamer’s sound and it’s on my list of “someday I’ll make that”

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Instead of changing the code that effects all Legendaries they need to not change the current ones already existing in the database. Otherwise, transmutation is your friend.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yeah I preferred Moot before the silly confetti and bits were added. It had a bit more class to it before.

There is plenty of worthwhile feedback on Legendaries and their looks, yet those never get acknowledged in favour of making things more and more cartoony. I haven’t seen the Warhorn issue firsthand, but it hasn’t escaped my notice to see the large thread all about it over the last year or so.

Posted by: BatsBite.5637

BatsBite.5637

The amount of rage cuz of dreamer changes is way too high with me atm… this is…such a tragedy QQ

I like Meteo with purple more tho ^^

Main: Doctor Thodt (necro)
No.1 UNICORN EU!
Show No Mercy For We Have [NoNe]

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

AFAIK some of the changes to legendaries was due to people complaining about their legendary not be “legendary enough” but I don’t recall seeing dreamer’s sound being mentioned here.

This feels like it is related to the change to the warhorns sound. Did ANet get a new intern for sound effects who also happens to be deaf?

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Interesting, I specifically made Meteorlogicus for the purple glow and lightning footsteps. I think it looks cool.

And I made it because the original design had none of that. I hope you can understand the frustration of spending lots of gold to craft a skin, and months later having it changed to something you didn’t want.

Also what’s up with Anet not mentioning these changes in the patch notes?

The thing I’m not understanding is: People make legendaries for the looks/effects. I haven’t heard too many people state that they made their legendary simply for selectable stats. Once we see how raids are and how necessary stat swapping is, we can make the argument that people craft them for the utility. Anyhow, we’re spending thousands of gold on a skin with a special aura and sound. Why change it? I am now stuck with either annoying a lot of people (and myself), or feeling bummed about my baby doll asura not having her cute pony bow.

I’m worried about the future of my Flameseeker Prophecies.

Posted by: LimitBreaker.4165

LimitBreaker.4165

Change sunrise and cut out the poo coloured parts

Posted by: CD673141-975B-42E9-8500-F0FEFF861A7D

CD673141-975B-42E9-8500-F0FEFF861A7D

Leave sunrise alone. I’ll qq so hard if changes to it or TW mess up Eternity in some way… it took soooo freaking long.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Footsteps for Minstrel and Flameseeker Prophecies please ^^

Posted by: LimitBreaker.4165

LimitBreaker.4165

Leave sunrise alone. I’ll qq so hard if changes to it or TW mess up Eternity in some way… it took soooo freaking long.

Having to constantly point my camera from the ground upwards to see cool animations from the sunrise gets annoying but necessary if I want to avoid the poo coloured slash effects.

Posted by: Mervinas.9482

Mervinas.9482

I have long thought about making a Dreamer. I wanted it for that original magic sound first and foremost. The only thing which kept me from making it was only two professions able to use a short bow. I waited to see if new elite specializations would get it as new weapon. And although that was not the case, I still decided to make it and bought the precursor. Now as its sound is changed I feel so kittened-off. ANet, how could you do that?
P.S. Nice, how your system is kittening stronger words…

(edited by Mervinas.9482)

Posted by: Seven Dreamsong.9802

Seven Dreamsong.9802

so it wasn’t just my imagination. my dreamer sounds very terrible now, hurts the ears.
any way to turn it back please?

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

wow the sounds of dreamer are TERRIBLE now .

Baer

Posted by: Kyle.5931

Kyle.5931

I like my Dreamer more now. The sound it makes is as annoying as the quip, which is also the reason I made it.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The thing I’m not understanding is: People make legendaries for the looks/effects. I haven’t heard too many people state that they made their legendary simply for selectable stats.

It’s because selectable stats without selectable sigils is pretty much worthless.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

This was uncalled for and shows lack of respect. I get it that Anet can change stuff to their liking but in this case it would be nice with some transparency. A legendary item is for most a type of endgame progression that is immensly costly and forces us to prioritize. This item is on par with any ascended, easily obtainable, weapon. That means we chose our legendary solely based on looks and sounds, and when this is altered by devs in such significant ways it’s really frustrating as it feels they dont care about the work done on our part, the customers.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore