Please Stop Disregarding the Sex of My Asura

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mr Cranch.3768

Mr Cranch.3768

Oh, look. A new spring outfit. Let’s preview it and see how it looks on my little Asura Sally.

Oh, look. Again Sally is getting hand-me-downs from her brother. Great.

Come on, Anet. 98% of the Asuran armors and outfits are unisex. Which means male. I don’t care about lore; we have sunglasses and bunny ears. Give poor Sally some dresses already.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Anet: But we do give you skirts….with pants!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

“I don’t care about lore”. It’s just immersion in a new and different world where the people are different from you and don’t dress and think like you do.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Asura females wear dresses? I thought asura dressed androgynously. (Mind you, I’m not against two styles of outfits for asura and another two for charr; I just don’t think it ought to be a human aesthetic.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

There is precedence for asura females wearing dresses, here’s one example

So yeah, more culturally appropriate attire for different genders please!

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Asura are more concerned about intellectual superiority than gender division.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

As I always say in threads like this, I just want consistency. We have the female model for some outfits for female charr and asura, and then we have the male model for others. I’d, personally, prefer to have both versions be unlocked, regardless of the gender of the character.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Hmm, if we are going to attire asuran as humans perhaps we could make them taller, change their facial features, and even change the skin tone options as well.

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

Perhaps its a reflection that Asura hold intelligence over gender formalities and thus such formalities and mannerisms are disregarded? Culturally I could see Asura holding little value in appearance and more emphasis on accomplishments, so what one wears would be more practical rather than to attract attention.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

When I came back to the game and saw the Wedding Dress I thought, “yay, ANet cares”. Then I saw the spring outfit.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

There is precedence for asura females wearing dresses, here’s one example

So yeah, more culturally appropriate attire for different genders please!

Same goes for the Fancy Winter Outfit

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

Charr has the same problem too.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

So you prefer seeing Asuras and Charrs running around in longdresses with high heels on?
Oh why not add some cleavage too while we are at it?
Oh please.....

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

I am completely happy that the asura do not wear gender specific clothing. I like the fact that asura females don’t have to wear skirts all the time. I wouldn’t mind if Anet gave everyone the option to use the female (or male) version of outfits but most of the time, I think the male version looks better. I was disappointed the wintersday outfit caved on this.

Posted by: tensei.5784

tensei.5784

Oh, look. A new spring outfit. Let’s preview it and see how it looks on my little Asura Sally.

Come on, Anet. 98% of the Asuran armors and outfits are unisex. Which means male. I don’t care about lore; we have sunglasses and bunny ears. Give poor Sally some dresses already.

Honestly I wish female humans were in your shoes sometimes. There are only 2 heavy helms that I like the looks of, one being the vigil one and the other being the male Phalanx armor one but oh no! The Phalanx armor helmet for females is completely different (rest of armor set is sweet, I can’t complain) so I can’t use it on heavily armored fashion wars and have to always resort to making something match the Vigil helm.

(edited by tensei.5784)

Posted by: DefiledxBaus.8493

DefiledxBaus.8493

I use the phantom hood on my female warrior or no helm. I absolutely hate evry other helm in the game thus far. I dont eh ap for the firey one but ya.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Charr has the same problem too.

The only good non-unisex outfit on Charr is the wedding dress. The Ancestral and Exemplar Outfits are outright atrocities on Charr females. (The Ancestral outfit is a double-whammy on Charr females. The Male version is tailored and sculpted to the race’s body. The female version isn’t)

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

i remember something similar with the envoy light armor char and asura had the same chest piece with human and sylvari but nobody liked it xD

Posted by: Apocalypse Azza.5734

Apocalypse Azza.5734

Whenever I see a dolled up female Asura I think of those weird little princess events.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

FWIW, there are three other races that do have significant sexual dimorphism in the available appearances. I play Asura for several reasons, and the uni-sex outfits are a significant contributor to that.

I’m fine with you not liking that so much, but you do have other choices if you play a GW2 character that has traditional real-world western human assigned-gender outfits. Take away unisex clothing for Asura, and I have only Charr left…

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

I know what you mean….the new spring outfit is beautiful on everyone except my Asuran.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

As long as female asura ARENT treated as mini human women but as female ASURA, I can support the idea of different genders.

What I would REALLY like to see is much more variety for both genders: sexy, cute, cool, sleek, tough and barbaric equally accessable for everyone.

Culturally adapted armor is more important than gender adapted armor, IMO. For that, Anet need to begin actually adapting armor to Asura and Charr culture, at least: right now they do the work halfway, as you can see in most boots and headgear.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Megastorm.6219

Megastorm.6219

If you want a clothing skin that looks like a familiar sexual oriented appeal, then use a human or norn. Expecting anything to fit your wants list on a made up hairless mutant is just beyond reason. You want real looking duds, wear them on real looking beings.

Posted by: AriaFiresong.7023

AriaFiresong.7023

Oh hell, no, charr and asura are the only races that get good armor and outfits for BOTH genders.

NO. MORE. DRESSES. The wedding outfit is p much unusable for like all my female characters (makes sense on exactly one of my 23 females, AMAZING on dudes for every race).

So, as a counterpoint, anet, think more of us girls who would like more fancy dress outfits with suits for girls. Or, in a louder voice, MORE. SUITS. FOR. FEMALES.

Posted by: Mr Cranch.3768

Mr Cranch.3768

To be clear, I do not want high heels or cleavage. I do not want mere mimickry of humans. Consider the wedding outfit. That is what Sally is wearing right now. It is not a clone of the human female. Leaving aside any “lore-breaking” aspect, it looks Asuran AND female. And awesome. But it’s getting a little threadbare on Sally lol.

And what is this curious prejudice, that no intelligent being would wear a dress? So only pants imply smarts? (Tell that to judges.) What an oddly misogynistic concession. But no need to get polemical! I just want the more frequent option to let Sally appear as not a knock-off boy.

Posted by: Lightning Specter.9568

Lightning Specter.9568

there is no such thing as female asura, only male asura who wants to look pretty, same with charr #sarcasm?

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I’m still not sure whether I like looking at the completely bare chest with nippleclamps on my female Asura.

It leaves me conflicted and confused.

On the upside, I barely get to focus on it because your eyes are drawn up to two gigantic black pupils constantly staring into your soul instead.

Its sort of an inverted human scenario, given the same clothing choice.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

You don’t need frilly dresses to look pretty.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

On the contrary, OP. Stop forcing human sex stereotypes on asura

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

On the contrary, OP. Stop forcing human sex stereotypes on asura

Indeed. IMO, Asura don’t care about sexuality as they are intellectuals who quite often mock the other races for their sentimentality. Of which sexuality is the natural result of. Clothing is a representation of sexuality. (not just that I’ll admit but it’s there)

Human gender stereotypes, and the way they dress themselves, can’t be forced on the Asura.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.