Please add a LFG tier for raids ...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

Look, I know you don’t want to, but people are pugging raids anyway and it’s clouding the ever living crap out of LFG for open world content. I had over 45 people LFG’s in the open world content tab last night and half were people looking to raid. I know this is a quality of life change, but for the love of god please stop being stubborn about this. I’m going to have an aneurysm weeding through off of this stuff.

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

Raids what are those? XD

Posted by: Mez Koo.9510

Mez Koo.9510

No.

Make a HoT tab in LFG. All they have to do is rename Personal Story and place it at the top.

(edited by Mez Koo.9510)

Posted by: Omnia Wind.2108

Omnia Wind.2108

I really want a raid section for LFG too!

~Omnia
Yak’s Bend FO LYFE [AI] [AGI]
minipets will be the death of me

Posted by: Gontanius.9364

Gontanius.9364

I would love if there was a “local world event” like if im standing in VB or in queensdale I could see only the lfg in that map. Not scrolling like a mad men to try to find the group Im looking for

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

All those single person LFR slots in the LFG tool strike me as the weirdest thing. Do none of them think to look through the list themselves and start merging parties to get a raid team up? If there are thirty of you all searching for a raid, chances are you can find what you’re looking for.

Posted by: Wiella.8567

Wiella.8567

I really doubt raid section will be added to LFG, but something surely has be done and pretty quickly before some new stuff hit the world section again.

There were plenty of offers made already which might provide some solutions:

1. Map-wide LFGs – it shouldn’t be bound to map instances but all instances of specific map – for example Verdant Brink or Spirit Vale – that would also solve raids LFG since you can enter raid instance and see that LFG section there.

2. In case (1) solution is not an option – some separate section for world bosses / meta events should be added, people will use it to run bosses like Teq and TT, meta events on new maps and probably even other world boss events started by guilds.

3. In case (2) solution is not an option – create section (or 4 sections?) for new maps as meta LFGs for them pile up in open world section and can’t be easily read with all other stuff rolling there as well.

Also a side-note – probably its a good idea NOT to select “Open World Content” section by default when LFG is opened because people often forget to select section and post their fractal/dungeon/PvP LFG message to open world content which makes it even harder to find something there. By always asking to select specific section you will ensure that people don’t get into wrong LFG and don’t waste their time waiting and others time reading those messages.

Posted by: MaJoBooOM.4851

MaJoBooOM.4851

I have to agree with OP , there has to be added a Raid Section to the LFG , its really getting messy with all the new maps + raids + old open world content under one section.

Just imagine when new content comes , like the new raud wing, it will get even worse in lfg. You wont be able to find what you want.

It would be even good if we could put into the lfg an entire squad and not leave every time the squad , leave the raid and than put up a group to advertise our squad (raid).

Please post your ideas, how to make the LFG system more comfortable, and user friendly.
P.S. was looking for this thread so that i wouldnt have to start a new one.

Riverside. Marcus Yami [Gold]

(edited by MaJoBooOM.4851)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

All those single person LFR slots in the LFG tool strike me as the weirdest thing. Do none of them think to look through the list themselves and start merging parties to get a raid team up? If there are thirty of you all searching for a raid, chances are you can find what you’re looking for.

It’s because you can’t use the LFG from your squad. So usually, 1 person from the squad leave it and search for more in a party. You could see only 1 person in a party, but usually he also have a squad with a bunch of people waiting for him to find the last 2-3 players to complete the squad. Those LFG are rarely just one guys waiting to find 9 other players.

As for the LFG. It really need a section for Raid and in Living World 2 tab, one Core Tyria and one Magguma Waste.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

(edited by Thaddeus.4891)

Posted by: sirrealist.1360

sirrealist.1360

Judging by the responses it seems to be a topic addressed by ArenaNet and/or discussed ad nauseam, but please enlighten me: Why isn’t there and won’t be a raid LFG? Seems reasonable to me. I haven’t done a raid yet, but it seems to me that they’re just bigger, harder dungeons with a bigger team. There’s LFG for the 5-man dungeons, so why not for the 10-man raids?

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

The tool isn’t able to be set up for 10 man parties. So instead of making a new section that would only kind of work (one person dropping squad and posting in LFG), they are choosing to do nothing for now. They hope to at some point be able to redo the LFG tool to allow for 10 man squad.

I don’t agree with this but their logic is reasonable. I’d rather have a half baked way of doing this than the circus it is now.

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

Not only for raids, we would also need one for world bosses, one for HOT maps events, and also one for hero points because now it’s more and more complicated to find people to make these.

I’m sure we need others, but I can’t think about them for the moment.

Posted by: sirrealist.1360

sirrealist.1360

Why do you need a LFG to collect hero points? It’s not like any of them can’t be soloed. Unless you’re talking just to have a group to run around with, or RP?

(edited by sirrealist.1360)

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Why do you need a LFG to collect hero points? It’s not like any of them can’t be soloed. Unless you’re talking just to have a group to run around with, or RP?

Open world LFG is commonly used to find organized maps for various zone metas or harder world bosses because arenanet’s instancing system is awful and tends to underload maps designed to require cap or near-cap player populations to complete.

The most common use of open world LFG is to go to an instace for the silverwastes boss, or the various world bosses when they are about to spawn so you know you’re entering a map instance with enough players to successfully complete the event.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I think it should be added too, tbh I think not having it at raid launch was a good thing, as it let average players who wouldn’t necessarily go to the LFG Raid tab see there are pugs out there and looking, maybe it inspired a few people to go try raids (which isn’t a bad thing).

But now we’ve seen how popular Raids are (one of the most advertised for things on LFG) and that we have a community going for them who know its ok to use LFG if they want, it should be given its own tab. If Anet notices a drop off in new raiders though I would consider returning it to the main tab (just because more players getting involved is good).

Posted by: Lumina.5963

Lumina.5963

All i see when looking at the “Open World Content” Tab is LFR LFR LFR LFR LFR LFR….. I just want to see if there are any map meta Taxi’s but no I have to look through a whole list of LFR posts just to find that 1 Tarir taxi i am looking for.