Please add item to unlock all wp's

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Highness.9061

Highness.9061

Please add item in the gem store to unlock all waypoints . I’ve done 100% map on 2 characters now and it keeps getting boring and feels like a chore , right now i can only do dailies and guild events with these 2 characters only cuz i already have all the waypoints unlocked .

why do i have to run the entire map again with every alt just to be able to do events with my guild ??? right now for example i feel like playing my warrior and i just have to go run all over the map unlocking wp’s just incase i need them for the future .This i call waste of time and just going back to places i dont feel like going to . why not just add that item in the gem store maybe for people who already have 100% ? or maybe for everyone ?

i dont mind buying it even for 50$ , make my life much easier .

Strike while the iron is hot ????????

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

Nope. /15 charrs

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Posted by: Dyvor Kurozu.4893

Dyvor Kurozu.4893

Honestly told for guild events it makes more sense to just take one of the toons you have 100% world completion on already… and I sincerely hope they won’t implement this idea, since getting the WPs alone makes it far too easy and faster to complete the maps and I doubt Anet wants that due to the amount of mats that would rush onto the market when people would complete maps twice as faster than usual.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

See if you can convince your guild to construct a guild portal?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Please add item in the gem store to unlock all waypoints . I’ve done 100% map on 2 characters now and it keeps getting boring and feels like a chore , right now i can only do dailies and guild events with these 2 characters only cuz i already have all the waypoints unlocked .

why do i have to run the entire map again with every alt just to be able to do events with my guild ??? right now for example i feel like playing my warrior and i just have to go run all over the map unlocking wp’s just incase i need them for the future .This i call waste of time and just going back to places i dont feel like going to . why not just add that item in the gem store maybe for people who already have 100% ? or maybe for everyone ?

i dont mind buying it even for 50$ , make my life much easier .

2k gems, you forfeit all experience gains, map rewards, karma, and coin. Maybe then Anet will put it in.

Posted by: ThatDamnRat.1236

ThatDamnRat.1236

Nope. /15 charrs

Real compelling counter argument you’ve got there.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I don’t see a problem with Anet releasing an “ultimate” package with everything unlocked… for a measly $10,000. It’s the perfect gift for the player who doesn’t have everything, but wants to.

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Nope. /15 charrs

Real compelling counter argument you’ve got there.

Maybe he was letting you know he disagrees and doesn’t have or want to put in any argument.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Guild missions aren’t on every map. It shouldn’t be too hard to get the relevant WP’s for guild missions on each character without having to do 100% map completion or getting every WP.

So I don’t think there is a need for a short cut. Not when that short cut adds a lot more work as ANet would have to decide what rewards you are then eligible for when it comes to map completion and how to calculate it if they decide you are not eligible for 100% of the rewards.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The Guild Hall portal is excellent, and even my mesmer that has 15% map compleition can get to most of them.

Except…

The only major problem is bounty or trek as the location is non-specific and even if you have a lot of the world done you might still not have it as it could be a large amount of locations. I’d like for the guild portal to take me somewhere in the map anyways, but that’s just a selfish request on my part.

But really, I do feel OP’s annoyance as the character I do have map completion isn’t the same as the actual characters I think are better for guild missions.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

WoW, how lazy can you be… It takes only few days to complete the whole map. Plus you get all these lovely chest keys while doing it.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If there were 100s and 100s of waypoints, I could see an argument here, but the g-mish haven’t changed in ages: we know ahead of time all the possible waypoints we’ll need, especially for puzzles and rushes. Plus, guild halls can build the portal (which is awesome).

So I don’t see guild missions as a compelling reason to offer a gem-shop option to unlock them all.

The other problem is that some things are tied to the assumption that people will unlock waypoints ‘manually’, including Gift of Exploration, experience, etc.

Still, ANet introduced leveling tomes, despite the fact that experience is easily come by. So maybe they’ll add waypoint-unlock tomes (each unlocks a random WP) and maybe we can earn those with ‘excess’ experience after maxing masteries.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

WoW, how lazy can you be… It takes only few days to complete the whole map. Plus you get all these lovely chest keys while doing it.

I timed it once (when I had way too much time on my hands ): It took me a little less than 10 hours to unlock every single wypoint in Core Tyria on a fresh ranger, only using whatever equipment came my way through leveling and drops, and adding a few leveling tomes whenever I was seriously underleveled for the next map.

Posted by: Mosferre.1246

Mosferre.1246

Just buy these: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Teleport_to_Friend

The option is already in game.

I came, I saw, I continued watching as I’m a newbie…

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

If they could add this, and an item that unlocks your elite spec completely for like 1000 gems, that would be great

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

They’ve implemented tokens for random Hero points via WvW, I don’t see why they can’t use those same tokens for random waypoints.

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

It happens often, but still it surprises me again and again, probably because I do not understand it.

There seem to be a not so small amount of players that always do the following

1. Ask for a new game or new content to a game
  2. Buy it
  3. Notice they don’t want to play it
  4. Ask for buying the solution of the game
  5. Have nothing to do, so go back to 1

That’s fine for me, they pay the game I like to play
But can someone explain me, why people are doing that?

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

How about a compromise?

Waypoints that are unlocked on at least n characters on an account are revealed to all other characters on that account.

But you still have to run each character to a waypoint to actually unlock it.

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

Sounds very pay to win. Pay money to get your world completion much more quickly. No thanks.

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

Posted by: MaJoBooOM.4851

MaJoBooOM.4851

No, you are just lazy. Seriosly as if it is so hard to walk some waypoints. Whats the fun having everything given to you, and not actually earn it , try , work for it. Can somebody explain this to me?
Personally for me if i have everything i get bored and quit the game, cause I have nothing to work for.

Same with people crying about elit specs , I did them yesterday for my mesmer. It took me 1 hour, and it was fun learning the chronomancer bit by bit.

Riverside. Marcus Yami [Gold]

bladex.9502

No, you are just lazy. Seriosly as if it is so hard to walk some waypoints. Whats the fun having everything given to you, and not actually earn it , try , work for it. Can somebody explain this to me?
Personally for me if i have everything i get bored and quit the game, cause I have nothing to work for.

Same with people crying about elit specs , I did them yesterday for my mesmer. It took me 1 hour, and it was fun learning the chronomancer bit by bit.

Its more of a “doing it over-and-over” thing.
I didn’t mind unlocking my elite spec the first time, but after doing it for 8 classes it got kinda boring, especially since I pretty much only do dungeons/fractals/raids, and I don’t really care about open world.
I’d rather be able to purchase my elite spec so I can spend my time on doing what I like.

The old system worked a lot better for that imo, since pretty much every gamemode gave skill points that you used to unlock your skills on new characters, instead of being stuck with 4500 useless spirit shards and having to grind content you already did 10 times to unlock your skills

Posted by: Togo.7094

Togo.7094

Its more of a “doing it over-and-over” thing.
I didn’t mind unlocking my elite spec the first time, but after doing it for 8 classes it got kinda boring, especially since I pretty much only do dungeons/fractals/raids, and I don’t really care about open world.
I’d rather be able to purchase my elite spec so I can spend my time on doing what I like.

The old system worked a lot better for that imo, since pretty much every gamemode gave skill points that you used to unlock your skills on new characters, instead of being stuck with 4500 useless spirit shards and having to grind content you already did 10 times to unlock your skills[/quote]

you just killed the argument for yourself. you want all that stuff for nothing but then say you don’t care about open world. no need for all the waypoints if you don’t care about open world. fractals are from LA so no problem there. raids are from verdant brink so maybe run to the first waypoint in verdant brink. there are only 8 dungeons and you just need to get to the zone itself not the waypoint outside of it.

bladex.9502

you just killed the argument for yourself. you want all that stuff for nothing but then say you don’t care about open world. no need for all the waypoints if you don’t care about open world. fractals are from LA so no problem there. raids are from verdant brink so maybe run to the first waypoint in verdant brink. there are only 8 dungeons and you just need to get to the zone itself not the waypoint outside of it.

My argument isn’t really about the waypoints, the person I quoted mentioned hero points and I responded to that.
I don’t give a kitten about waypoints

Posted by: rdfaye.4368

rdfaye.4368

Please, no. Ditto for being able to buy all your hero points. What would happen is that experienced players would buy their wp, and then disappear into PvP, raids, etc. New players would login to sparsely populated maps with no one around to give them a hand if they get stuck. And GW2 players are very helpful, but if you didn’t have to, would you really wander around lowbie areas just to see if someone needs help? I’ve seen it happen in another game, and it makes the game no fun if you’re a new. And there goes new players and new income.

Same for hp—an easy access via the gem store leaves those without in the dust and makes it hard to do group events in lowbie areas. So you level up on solo stuff and tomes, and don’t learn event/group mechanics and how your profession works in groups And then are yelled out for messing up a big, top level event of raid. Again, no fun at all if you are a latecomer to the game.

FYI, I am fairly new and have a level 80 ranger who just unlocked gliding. The explorability and visual design of GW2 hooked me, and the helpfulness and ease of entering events and getting help confirmed it. Easy unlocks will destroy the latter.

Please don’t Anet.

Highness.9061

people who are saying that this is pay to win ?
how is it pay to win when im not getting any more powerful that you are by opening these way points im just saving time and energy that i payed for .

this should be Anet next priority either add this item or make way-points account-wide unlock . i spoke with many of the people in the community and most agree with this .

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

You have no idea how much XP you would lose for doing that.

Aidan Savage.2078

A level 80 character doesnt get exp anyways. Especially if they’ve already cleared all tyria masteries.

Seera.5916

A level 80 character doesnt get exp anyways. Especially if they’ve already cleared all tyria masteries.

But it would be something to factor into whether or not to use such an item if you had not cleared all of the Tyria masteries.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

If you have some toons coming up on Third Birthday, you’ll get a ton of TtF stones. I’m approaching 60+ now. Good for WB and Guild Hunt waypoints if nothing else.

I don’t see them selling 30%ish map completion for gems though.

Aidan Savage.2078

But it would be something to factor into whether or not to use such an item if you had not cleared all of the Tyria masteries.

Eh… hardly. You can get more experience off moas while running boosters than from map exploration.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

probably take 3 hours to get all the waypoint you need.

anet might as well add it to boost money.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Map completion on more than one character isn’t really a big deal. I personally wouldn’t buy the item and am fine just run my alt around the game to main important WPs for Guild Missions but I’m hardly “B-word”hurt (rollseyes@censorship) if someone can pay2win a small % of a 3rd+ Gift of Exploration. As long as they can’t buy it without 100%ing one character first.

Probably better off just account binding WPs, but idc either way.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Seera.5916

Eh… hardly. You can get more experience off moas while running boosters than from map exploration.

It’s still something to consider based on the activities that a player likes to do. For you, it’s hardly worth it. For me it is worth it. Neither of us are wrong.

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

Someone made a suggestion in another thread to turn Gifts of Exploration into a consumable that granted 100% map completion. I think thats a good idea if in return it granted 0 map comp reward chests or exp.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

WTB item that makes perma-contested waypoints uncontested for once.

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Its a good idea. If people don’t wanna use it because they think it is lazy, then don’t use it. I can see why a player would ask for this. It unlocks WP, not points of interest or heart quests or vista’s.

Highness.9061

Its a good idea. If people don’t wanna use it because they think it is lazy, then don’t use it. I can see why a player would ask for this. It unlocks WP, not points of interest or heart quests or vista’s.

exactly

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

If you don’t want to unlock lots of waypoints for all characters, go play sPvP and WvW.

The game is quite small. It’s not that hard to unlock waypoints when you’re not with your guild. There are only so many guild missions in so many locations. In only takes a few key waypoints to be able to get where you need to if you’re trying new content for the first time.

I’ve got 22 alts and I still don’t think unlocking all waypoints would be something meaningful to add to the game.

You really want a bunch of lowbies scrambling around in all the high level areas they suddenly have access to?

I’ll bring my level 15 with it’s bags full of frosty picks into Orr and chase down those orichalcum nodes begging for a res all the ways along.

(edited by Mo Mo.1947)

Seera.5916

If you don’t want to unlock lots of waypoints for all characters, go play sPvP and WvW.

The game is quite small. It’s not that hard to unlock waypoints when you’re not with your guild. There are only so many guild missions in so many locations. In only takes a few key waypoints to be able to get where you need to if you’re trying new content for the first time.

I’ve got 22 alts and I still don’t think unlocking all waypoints would be something meaningful to add to the game.

You really want a bunch of lowbies scrambling around in all the high level areas they suddenly have access to?

I’ll bring my level 15 with it’s bags full of frosty picks into Orr and chase down those orichalcum nodes begging for a res all the ways along.

That’s why we’re suggesting you exchange a gift of exploration for it. Anyone who has done exploration before, knows what zones are what levels and accepts the risk. They do not get a guarantee of a res if they go into an area too high a level for their character.