Please as a toggle to turn off boots

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

That is all.

Post a reply if you agree and if you don’t tell why I’d like to think that this change would be minimal in effort and (without programming hoodoo) has no downside to it.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Or add a toggle for everything.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Bran.7425

Or add a toggle for everything.

Baby steps, can’t push for too much at once.
Mostly I think this could be a solution for the general lack of design in transitioning the boot designs to nonhuman races of the game (especially the charr and asura).

Posted by: dirtynwah.3851

dirtynwah.3851

I want the toggle off boots, but then all those leggins look silly when they end in the middle of nowhere on them legs Also I know some people wanted skimpy male outfits so toggle off chest would come in handy as well. And, heck, the gloves sometimes are there when you don’t really need them. So I’m for toggle off everything!

Bran.7425

Which “leggins” exactly?

Posted by: dirtynwah.3851

dirtynwah.3851

I mean leg pieces in general. They end where boots supposed to be covering them. With no logical end, fold back or something.

Bran.7425

I mean leg pieces in general. They end where boots supposed to be covering them. With no logical end, fold back or something.

I’ve really used many of the skins that have that particular effect. Once I get some time I would like to go through the wardrobe to see.

Do you have any picture to give me a place to start (or a gender/race/armor weight to start with).

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

I’d like to see a toggle visibility option for footwear too, especially since it seems that with some light/medium armours, the boots appear to be an afterthought (although on certain races, it seems entire armour sets were an afterthought – see: Charr) and suitable alternatives sometimes end up clipping the greaves.

Apparently, Anet has responded to a suggestion like this before and have basically said no. The only reason we got toggleable shoulders/gloves was because of clipping issues and yet clipping issues remain with boots. Hmm….

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

No….just no…let’s all run around naked killing stuff…gloves….understandable….helm and shoudlers…udnerstandable…but the rest…must be there….

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

No….just no…let’s all run around naked killing stuff…gloves….understandable….helm and shoudlers…udnerstandable…but the rest…must be there….

The human queen and several norn Wolfborn walk around with no shoes on, so there’s an in-game precedent for people doing just fine without shoes.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Is it bad that I don’t want a bunch of naked people streaking everywhere?

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

The human queen and several norn Wolfborn walk around with no shoes on, so there’s an in-game precedent for people doing just fine without shoes.

Everyone can unequip the armor and run around naked….or without boots…but no…..

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

uknortherner.2670

I fail to see how not wearing boots equates to “running around naked”.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Because it is suggested that the toggle option be made available for all pieces of the armor set, in this very thread. Another poster even said, “baby steps.” It is what some people want. I would bet all the gold I have that if that option were available — then we would see a lot of people playing with naked characters. Not a majority of players, mind, but just enough so the bar in this game gets lowered a bit more.

I am all for new armor sets that showcase more of the different racial bodies more…. but I will never support the ability for players to play “naked” yet fully geared.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

uknortherner.2670

Because it is suggested that the toggle option be made available for all pieces of the armor set, in this very thread. Another poster even said, “baby steps.” It is what some people want. I would bet all the gold I have that if that option were available — then we would see a lot of people playing with naked characters. Not a majority of players, mind, but just enough so the bar in this game gets lowered a bit more.

I am all for new armor sets that showcase more of the different racial bodies more…. but I will never support the ability for players to play “naked” yet fully geared.

Another game I play, Rift actually has the option to hide everything and I’ve rarely seen naked characters running around – I really don’t think people are that childish. On the flip side, I have already seen several players in GW2 running around naked on the server I’m on (Piken Square) and I don’t think adding more toggle options is going to suddenly make more players do the same.

Having said that, I wouldn’t really want to see toggleable chest and leg armour options, but perhaps better armour sets like you mention – for instance for Norn, there’s currently no point choosing a skin with tattoos when they can’t be seen, or a Sylvari with a lot of bioluminescence on their skin, completely hidden by armour.

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

I’ve really used many of the skins that have that particular effect. Once I get some time I would like to go through the wardrobe to see.

Do you have any picture to give me a place to start (or a gender/race/armor weight to start with).

Ascended medium armor has this awkward cut off on female asura (without the shoes) if you want to preview to see.

The hemless pants don’t really bother me. And I’m very familiar with which boots make my asura feet look human shaped and which don’t. That said, it would be pretty cool to be barefoot sometimes. I look at asura feet and think “why do they need shoes anyway?”

uknortherner.2670

Ascended medium armor has this awkward cut off on female asura (without the shoes) if you want to preview to see.

The hemless pants don’t really bother me. And I’m very familiar with which boots make my asura feet look human shaped and which don’t. That said, it would be pretty cool to be barefoot sometimes. I look at asura feet and think “why do they need shoes anyway?”

I often think the same about the Charr. The footwear they end up with often look incredibly painful, especially for heavy armour. then again, they’re Charr – pain is probably something to be relished!

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

I’d love the ability to toggle off everything.

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

That is all.

Signed.

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

I’m down with the barefoot thing. One of my biggest design challenges in this game is footwear. And there are some ‘looks’ I’ve seen that would be great with barefeet.

Naz ©