Please bring back Account Medals!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: YsaKing.9208

YsaKing.9208

I know I’m not the only one who thinks the new “Progression window” is terrible. Could we at least get a vote or something to get the old “Account Medals”?

Posted by: OrangeCrane.5839

OrangeCrane.5839

I liked my Account Medals too. What was the reason for removing them?

YsaKing.9208

I don’t know, but I wish someone would talk a bout it. seems this is going under the radar.

Posted by: Elitejelly.7462

Elitejelly.7462

I didn’t. I like the new look, its simple and to the point.

IM SO HYPED FOR HOT I CAN FLIP A TABLE.
(/o_o)/ |_|
hype over.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Can we have them both, how about that, those who like the new look get to see it, i personally liked the flags and stuff on my screen.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

The new look is better I think, it displays relevant information, not whether you got characters to level 30. Though an option to change to the older view wouldn’t hurt.

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

The new look is better I think, it displays relevant information, not whether you got characters to level 30. Though an option to change to the older view wouldn’t hurt.

Not change persay, just have small arrows that you can toggle between them is all, shouldnt be to hard i would think unless the UI uses entirely different coding.

I like it, dont get me wrong, but it tells me all the information i already know, and one i dont care about at all(WVW rank), a toggle would be nice is all. so there isnt much of a difference.

Not needed(to bring the other back) for sure though, would just be nice to have them all.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The only thing I would like returned is the information on one’s Daily. I miss knowing if it is finished or not, as that determines, often, which character to log-in to.

I do want to thank the Devs for the display of crafting disciplines now. Very helpful. =)

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Why not do it like it was before?
you know, an arrow on the side, to show of different information.
That way we can have everything.

I mean they did it before.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

i like the idea of account medals but only if they intend to keep on updating them as new stuff comes out. if not then better they are gone imo

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

YsaKing.9208

I think people are on the right page here. Some of us enjoy the achievements and the medals, others enjoy the fact that its so simple now. I think a good mixture would Be to keep the medals, but to keep your rank numbers under each one. For example, the PvP medal would be a bunny, and a little number “1” would be under it. The mastery rank is brand new, and because of that, I think it should stay how that part is now, as its own number.

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

I enjoy achievements and my medals :<

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I would love to see returning in the login ui that when you explored with your character 100% the Map, that you see in the login screen for that character then the Explorer Medal

They should also add back the Faction Standards that show you to which faction your character originally belongs to (Vigil, Whispers or Priory) and they should add also back the symbol that shows you how many playerds you have defeated in WvW as also the Treasure Chest Symbol for when you obtain legendary equipment

These symbols should get all reimplemented back into the new login screen, place enough has the new UI absolutely for that and these symbaols were part of the visual progression, that you could see by a first look onto the login screen of someone, how much progressed that players is in the game and what that players has achieved in the game in the varrious game modes.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: ekkue.3754

ekkue.3754

This^
the old way no one who dislikes the medals has to see them if they don’t want to.

I also liked being able to see if i had finished my daily.

YsaKing.9208

This^
the old way no one who dislikes the medals has to see them if they don’t want to.

I also liked being able to see if i had finished my daily.

There’s an idea! There could be arrows that take you to a different tab. One showing medals, one showing stats, and another showing dailies. The last one would be great for people with multiple characters, as you could see which pvp daily there is, and choose the corresponding class to fight with!

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I don’t see why we can’t have a choice among the 3. We had a choice before HoT. I prefer the one that showed my daily and AP progression.

YsaKing.9208

Even though this is a discussion, will Anet be paying attention to this? Should we send in a request or something? I’m not actually sure how they receive feedback.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

The medals served no purpose to me other than decoration. I do miss the achievement progress bars though.

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

I agree with this thread! I worked hard to get all those shiny little medals and they just took em away >.<

Dear ANET, Please bring these back! Not saying eliminate the current set up, as it’s nice too, but please bring back the medals in some way!

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

YsaKing.9208

Scream loud enough and eventually someone will turn their head to look. Anyone know if there’s an actual idea-submission thread or something? I really think this Multi-tab idea is a good one.

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

I’m a fan of the new look, personally.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist