Please bring back Viper's medium set

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Barak.2709

Barak.2709

Bring it back to gem store pretty please or if you can tell when you will bring it on again? saying “soon” will suffice

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

In all honesty, I’m not sure why they insist on removing sets from the gem store for such overwhelmingly long periods of time in the first place. It’s like intentionally reducing the potential sales for a product you technically “always have in stock” (because it is digital).

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

My guess (and it is just a guess) is they do it for 4 reasons.

1) It reduces the number of armour skins on the gem store at any one time and therefore the claims that there are more armour skins on there than in game (which was never true, there are 21 gem store sets total and 24 just from dungeons).

2) The Style section is kind okittenward to browse because the preview means everything is squashed into one long list, cycling things makes it easier to scroll through everything without forgetting what you’ve seen.

3) It creates ‘artificial scarcity’ – people who might be undecided about buying a particular set will get it while they have the chance rather than risk deciding later they really do want it and then finding they can’t buy it. (And yes the other side of this is that people will try to buy it, find they can’t and lose interest/get something free in game instead, but it’s a proven marketing tactic used in all kinds of situations, apparently it works.)

4) It means they can periodically do big announcements about stuff in the gem store and draw attention to it without their artists etc. having to spend time creating actually new things, which frees them up to work on Living Story, Expansion etc. stuff.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

My guess (and it is just a guess) is they do it for 4 reasons.

1) It reduces the number of armour skins on the gem store at any one time and therefore the claims that there are more armour skins on there than in game (which was never true, there are 21 gem store sets total and 24 just from dungeons).

2) The Style section is kind okittenward to browse because the preview means everything is squashed into one long list, cycling things makes it easier to scroll through everything without forgetting what you’ve seen.

3) It creates ‘artificial scarcity’ – people who might be undecided about buying a particular set will get it while they have the chance rather than risk deciding later they really do want it and then finding they can’t buy it. (And yes the other side of this is that people will try to buy it, find they can’t and lose interest/get something free in game instead, but it’s a proven marketing tactic used in all kinds of situations, apparently it works.)

4) It means they can periodically do big announcements about stuff in the gem store and draw attention to it without their artists etc. having to spend time creating actually new things, which frees them up to work on Living Story, Expansion etc. stuff.

To comment on some of your points:

1) If this is a legit reason, it seems rather silly to me.

2) It makes sense, but they could stand to cycle things a bit faster, rather than having some sets on the gem store for months on end and others missing for equally long periods of time.

3) Creating allure through artificial scarcity only works if you actually bring the item in question back every now and then to capitalize on the desire you’ve created. As you mentioned, people tend to forget about items if too long a period passes where they cannot acquire it. Then they find an alternative, often find it’s better than what they had envisioned originally, and then lose the desire to acquire the gem store armor entirely. Again, this can be alleviated by cycling through items a bit more regularly, keeping a good balance between both sides of the spectrum.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Also, please bring back the Aetherblade armor sets. I have been waiting for the Light version since August just to finish my new look which includes 2 of the pieces. Freakin’ 3 months, man… : / And yes I have requested it (multiple times!) in the “bring back x item” thread.

Posted by: Wizigard.4760

Wizigard.4760

Would like that to happen. Also I believe maybe adding more armors, not outfits, would be really good.

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

3) Creating allure through artificial scarcity only works if you actually bring the item in question back every now and then to capitalize on the desire you’ve created. As you mentioned, people tend to forget about items if too long a period passes where they cannot acquire it. Then they find an alternative, often find it’s better than what they had envisioned originally, and then lose the desire to acquire the gem store armor entirely. Again, this can be alleviated by cycling through items a bit more regularly, keeping a good balance between both sides of the spectrum.

I can think of two times this has happened with me. Really wanted an outfit to cycle around, got sick of waiting, and made do with something else. When what I had wanted came back around, I didn’t get it. They lost two sales. I don’t understand or care for their business model. It’s inconvenient to the customer.

They need, IMO, to revamp the store and just include everything, with a section for rotating seasonal items. Seasonal items I can see being on rotation, but not everything else.

Posted by: Barak.2709

Barak.2709

That is exactly what will be with me now. maan I just wish they will made armors parts too but unlikely since they have thier hands full