Please bring back the white wings...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JMassa.5732

JMassa.5732

Releasing the long sought after White Feather Wings, only to take them away after one day is truly a travesty. This 24hr time window thing is absolute bull. Please bring them back Anet, or suffer my eternal wrath.

Thank you

(edited by JMassa.5732)

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

They were on for the same length of time as the black wings. The 24 hour window was not a surprise to most. Maybe in the future we’ll see both on the Gem Store at the same time, but to say it was swearword is a bit over the top, considering there was a timer showing on this item too!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

They probably come back when HoT comes out. I couldn’t think of another reason to just have them as a “preview” item.

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

I got mine, but if I was a person who only logged on every other day and missed them, I’d be ticked.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

I didn’t miss them, but I almost missed the black wings. I’m happy to join the chorus of “bring them back” for whatever item was only available for 24h.

That being said I’m sure they will be back. When I can only guess as to “when it’s ready”.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

it looks like crap to be honest.

Miss Lana.5276

That’s your opinion, and you’re entitled to it, but others – like myself – do quite like them.

But this thread is not about whether they look good or not. This thread is asking Anet to bring them back.

So long Treeface.

Posted by: illuminaughty.9078

illuminaughty.9078

The real question is where are the fiery wings at? There are plenty of fiery armor sets, why no wings?

Posted by: derekch.1302

derekch.1302

I agree. The 24hr window is bullkitten and it has to be on the day I didn’t log in! The news on the website should have been more clear and precise that it was only going to be available for 24 hours.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

They’ll be back, be patient, they were just a preview item, exactly like the black wings were. They’ll come back and be part of a longer larger gem store update, exactly like the black wings were. Anet is nothing but predictable on the gem store.

Posted by: nathanjameson.3542

nathanjameson.3542

honestly, I’d prefer if everyone and his brother DIDN’T have one. as it was, there were way too many people with the black wings when they first came out

Karma Express – Norn Guardian commander

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

they will probably come back as 800 gem wings, otherwise doesnt seem fair to people that bought it during the sale? i dont noe :s it would feel like the sale was just to quick grab some cash because people may think it will be gone for a long time so feel compelled to buy it

Posted by: MsOtaku.5718

MsOtaku.5718

I got mine, but if I was a person who only logged on every other day and missed them, I’d be ticked.

I’m a person that logs on every day to do my dailies and whatnot. The one day that I did not log on, for personal reasons, and I miss the wings. Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and may hate them but, I really like the look, missed out on the black ones, and now this time around as well. I’m pretty bummed out. I wish we would get some notice that a “special item will be available for a very limited time” so we can check the Gem Store quickly if we are having a busy day and not miss out.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

They do look pretty bad in Best Performance/Auto-Detect settings, which I end up using in WvW, due to fps issues in zergs.

They just look like splodges of totally plain white, on other people’s characters; which is a shame, as they look quite nice and (obviously) detailed in Best Appearance.

It did put me off, because for the amount of time I get to spend in Best Appearance, they just weren’t worth it.

Also, they just hang there and/or sort of swirl around slightly, like a cape, rather than really moving, or behaving, like real wings would.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

The wings are bulky, mostly static, and they look unnatural. They look like a plastic toy that is glued on a toy figurine. Compare to the Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LCFhvMJ4GE

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

nexxe, the wings are now floppy and no longer static. This applies to both black and white wings. Now I do personally prefer the holographic dragon wings, but seeing as I don’t own those, I will stick with my black/white wings

Posted by: Automaton.4926

Automaton.4926

Less of these wings i see the better! They don’t make sense lore wise, they are huge, and make characters look like they belong in second life.

Posted by: Tungsten Monarch.6058

Tungsten Monarch.6058

Yes please stop with one day sales, please bring back white wings and also glasses. Heck, just make a day where all items are actually able to be purchased.

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

For those who hate wings, don’t worry. They’ll fall out of fashion in a few weeks like every other backpiece ever made (surely people remember when everyone and their mother had the Spinal Blades?).

Posted by: Tis But A Scratch.8724

Tis But A Scratch.8724

I had to borrow gold from my guild to get these things because of the window the 24 thing is kinda bull.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

They sure went overboard with giving the wings more animation. They didn’t look realistic before, but now they look too fluffy and as if there are no bones in them…

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Lol, I was just laughing about this myself. They left it on TP for like 24 hours. Many of us don’t get paid until Friday.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Did ANet learn NOTHING from the Southsun finale debacle? It is sometimes not possible to log into the game every day of the week and stuff like these 24-hour sales actually puts me off logging in at all.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

That’s your opinion, and you’re entitled to it, but others – like myself – do quite like them.

But this thread is not about whether they look good or not. This thread is asking Anet to bring them back.

Agree, they do, and u cant fly either

“Death is just another path”

Miss Lana.5276

You can’t fly with any wing backpack that they’ve given us, what’s your point?

This still isn’t about people’s opinions, this is a request to bring them back.

Q: How hard is it for people to stay on topic?
A: As long as someone can interject their opinion they won’t.

So long Treeface.

Posted by: BrandonBandicoot.3968

BrandonBandicoot.3968

I will also chime in and say that they look like hot garbage.

Same with the edgy black counterpart.

And now my eyes have to suffer since nearly everyone and their mother, uncle, and family pet bought the kitten things.

Posted by: Cassius.5084

Cassius.5084

I bought the wings (and a cute pet follower) and I’m very happy.

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

Honestly, I detest both of the wings back items. They are not that great.

I never got the appeal of vestigial wings.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

Now we have seagull and crows wings for people who like to role play as birds. Good cash grab for anet and they can release wings in a different color anytime they need more money.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Yeah. Especially since they updated the animations for both wings (so it’s a little less static).

I think the jumping animation could be changed a bit (you’d think that while falling the wings would catch some air and lift a bit), but yeah otherwise they’re pretty nice.

The real question is where are the fiery wings at? There are plenty of fiery armor sets, why no wings?

I’d buy them instantly.
Also shadow / black fog wings. Or ice wings… in fact there’s a lot you could do with wings.

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

Those wings are atrocious. I’m glad they’re only available for limited time.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

No please don’t bring back the white wings.. instead make the black wings (or wings in general) dyeable

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Those wings are atrocious. I’m glad they’re only available for limited time.

Agreed. They would probably have looked a lot better at about half their current size.

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

Releasing the long sought after White Feather Wings, only to take them away after one day is truly a travesty. This 24hr time window thing is absolute bull. Please bring them back Anet, or suffer my eternal wrath.

Thank you

i remember this thread a while back ago. black wings, fixed*

lol jk, they said they are bringing back black wings in HoT sure they will do white wings too. The 24 hour thing sucks but that’s why i got mine asap this time. Missed the black wings myself so i feel your frusteration.

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

I still want the black wings!

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Both sets should be released for permanent purchase in the Gem Store.

They probably won;t be, though, as the 24 hour surprise sales induce impulse buying of gems that otherwise wouldn’t have happened if they were there permanently due to 500 gems being very little gold to farm up over a few days. This way, it’s far more likely people will outright buy the gems with cash, rather than exchange gold for them

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

Bought them specifically because I knew they wouldn’t be around long. I don’t even have a character I want them on. But maybe someday.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Wait a bit till you bring them back. I cashed in 4000 gems for over 800 gold when the market skyrocketed. If you keep them in the TP I will not get these glorious trades. I did the same when the black wings were released and made a cool 200 gold after the market fell back (buying back gems) even with the exchange rate.

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

I knew they were coming. So on the day they went on sale….I logged in and Black Lion was bugged. It wouldn’t load. I did not have the time or opportunity to try later.

This not a major thing for me. Probably just saved me some money.

If ANet Is gonna do something like this, (24 hours ) why don’t they just send you mail, and upon receipt, you then have 24 hours to buy.

Posted by: gearedgeek.3725

gearedgeek.3725

This is ridiculous! I’m willing to spend my money for cosmetic items for my character because I want to customize my characters look as well support the company. It’s very upsetting to see the items you want for your character only last ONE DAY then you have to wait god only knows when for that item to be back.

I have been constantly checking the the Facebook page as well the News page on the website for the items I want for my character to reappear in the store. I don’t check them daily because I have many other web sites that I check.

The main in game item that I’m talking about is the White and Black Wings backpack. Back in March (I think it was that month) the black wings was on sale I missed that sale because I was busy with real life. I was a few weeks later on that sale. So ever since then I have made sure to check the Facebook and the News page for news about another sale of the wings.

I check today and come to find out that the white wings was for sale only for ONE DAY! Really…

My main complaint is that cosmetic items need to have some time of a schedule or something for players to have a better chance to get the items they want. I know it may seem stupid to others about getting upsetting about cosmetic items. It’s the point that I want to customize my character and support the company. I can’t do that when the items I want are only available for ONE DAY only.

Posted by: Friggarn.9451

Friggarn.9451

And there are several topics on this— and there were when Black Wings were for sale. These items have limited time solely to induce fever for sale and then post-sale will increase interest in those that do not have them.

Sorry.

Posted by: nathanjameson.3542

nathanjameson.3542

too many white wings in game, personally. glad a lot of people missed out, as selfish as that sounds

Karma Express – Norn Guardian commander

Posted by: Phyrex.5174

Phyrex.5174

And there are several topics on this— and there were when Black Wings were for sale. These items have limited time solely to induce fever for sale and then post-sale will increase interest in those that do not have them.

Sorry.

But the thing is, this isint a situation that foster hype and need. By the very way this game work with microtransaction, chances are, if you want a certain item, youll always want it. Having it on sale for a very short period creates frustration, not hype or demand for the next time its on sale :/

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Sorry.

But the thing is, this isint a situation that foster hype and need. By the very way this game work with microtransaction, chances are, if you want a certain item, youll always want it. Having it on sale for a very short period creates frustration, not hype or demand for the next time its on sale :/

That’s the thing. More people buy it because it is limited time only.

I’m not buying character slots and bank slots because I know they’ll be there tomorrow.

An item that’s limited time only, some are more inclined to purchase even without an immediate need because of the following: “What if that skin is the perfect skin for a future look? Will it return? Will I be able to afford it when it does return?” So some people buy it for the potential usage in the future. A future that may never arrive.

Limited time sales get people who don’t want the item right now but might in the future.

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

I have been constantly checking the the Facebook page as well the News page on the website for the items I want for my character to reappear in the store. I don’t check them daily because I have many other web sites that I check.

It wouldn’t matter if you did check them daily, ANet didn’t publicise the wings on their FB feed.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Miss Lana.5276

too many white wings in game, personally. glad a lot of people missed out, as selfish as that sounds

Give it a week and they’ll disappear like the white ones did. They’re only saturating your screen right now because OMG WHITE WINGS IT’S NEW AND SHINY AND I’VE WANTED THIS FOREVER ONLY ONE DAY SALE OMG I NEED IT RIGHT NOW.

So long Treeface.

Posted by: Iluvatar.6814

Iluvatar.6814

I absolutely agree! They need to bring back both the black and white wings. There’s a profound lack of variety in back items to begin with, and to only offer two of (in my opinion) the most interesting looking ones for a single day is, frankly, asinine. Especially right after a big update. I always wait a while after a big update to give them time to work out all the kinks, and now it feels like I’m being punished for it =\ If they’re going to have a limited time item, at least have them up for a week, and send out an email advertising them! Then people will actually know about it, and Anet will make a lot more money.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Unless your eternal wrath is to angrily shower ANet with cookies, I don’t think it’s going to help.

Posted by: Liisjak.4509

Liisjak.4509

Yea, the gay parade needs a revival.

Posted by: Temari.9071

Temari.9071

they are bringing them back the 24h was just a early bird purchase (no pun intended)
did a lot of you not read what it says?? pulled straight from the description on the log in screen. Now’s your chance to grab the white Feather Wings Backpack EARLY for one day! that means they will be coming back other wise they would have just said get the wings for one day only…..