in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Where’s Delaqua’s armor….?

Please buy the armor skins

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

Ya, the armor is ugly, and I wouldn’t waste gold on it, let alone give real money to NcSoft.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I’d buy the heavy armor but… can’t seem to purchase gems with gold atm some kinda bug going on there. :oT

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I’d buy the heavy armor but… can’t seem to purchase gems with gold atm some kinda bug going on there. :oT

OR, ANET is removing gold to gems because of the lack of people spending RL cash for gems. -LOL

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Kevlar Eater.1985

Kevlar Eater.1985

OR, ANET is removing gold to gems because of the lack of people spending RL cash for gems. -LOL

At this point in the game, I’m fully expecting this to happen.

(topic) Those armors are far too ugly for my taste. Mayhaps were Kasmeer and Marjory’s armors available, I’d drop some cash for them. Also, one look at what they did to the Ranger and it reinforced why I refuse to spend money in the store. Of course, I could “always use in-game gold”, but let’s get real here: I’m not a 1%-er in-game (or in real life); I can barely save — let alone make — money in this game.

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Sorry, as much as I don’t like RNG, the new armor doesn’t appeal to me.

Posted by: Narillan.5607

Narillan.5607

Sorry no, I don’t like the look. Plus I don’t have the money so it works out.

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

As usual, I would buy it with gold, not with real money. But the skins are so ugly imo, especially on charr, I don’t know why Anet can’t seem to make normal headgear and pauldrons + tail clipping.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Buying it with gold may seem like the way to go, but if Anet is looking to see how many gems they move with direct buy armor vs how much they move with rng boxes, converting gold might be working against us. I’m not saying don’t convert gold to gems, I’m just giving you all something to consider.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Buying it with gold may seem like the way to go, but if Anet is looking to see how many gems they move with direct buy armor vs how much they move with rng boxes, converting gold might be working against us. I’m not saying don’t convert gold to gems, I’m just giving you all something to consider.

I don’t think they’re “testing the waters” with these skins anyway.

The only other armor skins in the Gem Shop are straight purchases as well. There’s never been RNG armor (unless you count the Southsun / Halloween Shoulders).

Posted by: Itachi Hitokiri.6348

Itachi Hitokiri.6348

Gotta say I’m not a huge fan of the armor skins in the cash shop, much prefer them to be acquired through gameplay.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

They don’t make my characters look good, except for male light armor top which I want. But since I have to buy the other pieces too, I’m not too sure I want to buy the privilege of trowing items directly to the trash can. Unlike the fanatic armor, I can’t even wear it for fun…

I suggest everyone to buy the armor skins off the shop, it is possible that if they sell SIGNIFCANTLY more by selling the skins directly, they could change their marketing strategy to reflect it; which means this could end the RNG issue.

So we have pretty much given up on Anet making things available through regular gameplay ? I guess it’s better than we don’t have to test our luck and end up with trash, but it’s not really a good thing either.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

No chance, i have no use for this Armor and it’s ugly, the only character i’d use it on is my Engineer and i never play it due to how bad they are, now Rangers are even worse i really see no reason to even play GW2 anymore..

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

I already have two full sets of armor that look good.

The heavy armor makes my butt look big

That kitten

(edited by Tower Guard.5263)

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

I have been begging for armor skins on the gem store and want to support future direct skin sales, but I agree with others, the artist(s) who made these skins have made it extremely difficult to buy them.

I will likely buy the heavy set, but the other two are so hideous on human females I just don’t think I can buy them. Especially since both could have been nice, but were ruined by the front of each chest piece. It’s almost like someone made a very deliberate effort to ensure these would be considered ugly by as many people as possible.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I don’t do cash shops. Sorry, OP.

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

It’s actually simple. Just don’t BUY anything and they will get the idea….. sadly, alot of players are so filthy rich in-game and in real life, that USD 1000 is peanuts to them to throw at Arenanet’s direction.
Ok, that is that.
The reason people buy all this RNG crap is because they are lazy, they just want to show off and they have ADHD……..

darkace.8925

It’s actually simple. Just don’t BUY anything and they will get the idea….. sadly, alot of players are so filthy rich in-game and in real life, that USD 1000 is peanuts to them to throw at Arenanet’s direction.
Ok, that is that.
The reason people buy all this RNG crap is because they are lazy, they just want to show off and they have ADHD……..

Nothing like painting in broad strokes, huh?

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

It’s actually simple. alot of players are so filthy rich in-game and in real life, that USD 1000 is peanuts to them to throw at Arenanet’s direction.
The reason people buy all this RNG stuff is because they are rich, they just want to show off and they have to make me jealous……..

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The new skins are not RNG. I bought these items. I don’t think it is crap, I’m not lazy, I just like the way they look, I don’t have ADHD. So you are wrong.

The Burninator

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Ok, that is that.

Nothing like painting in broad strokes, huh?

Hey if the shoe fits…

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

After spending 50 gold in a failed attempt to get a jade weapon and after I failed to get a fused weapon, my urge to spend more gold/money is at a low spot right now. For me, it almost feels like too little and too late. While I bought a lot of stuff off the Guild Wars 1 shop, the RNG in this game has made me feel like I don’t want to spend money here anymore. Right now I am completely ignoring any armor or weapons ANet has to sell. I feel, idk, disillusioned or something.

So no. Not buying.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I am all for buying the skins you want directly from the cash shop, I also LOATHE the steampunk look and so will not be buying these new armor skins.

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

New armors are ugly, looks as if they got parts from the trash and glue them all together. Even though I have 8000 gems I’m not gonna spend it on something this awful looking.

vvuevv

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, I guess..

This. Unfortunately, I don’t think I can drink that much beer….

IVIUIEI.9631

I suggest everyone to buy the armor skins off the shop, it is possible that if they sell SIGNIFCANTLY more by selling the skins directly, they could change their marketing strategy to reflect it; which means this could end the RNG issue.

When was the last time they put armors in rng box? Thats right they never did, they only put weapon skins in rng boxes. It doesnt matter if everyone who plays gw2 buys new armor they still gonna have rng boxes thats how they profit.

vvuevv

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

a steampunk theme is usually pretty cool but they botched the armors

Delaqua’s armor isnt available and heavy armor is fat hips/ass armor and generally looks ugly.
no thanks, not buying ugly things

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

I’ve bought Brahams Shield and pretty much all the other armor-sets from the gemshop.
I will not buy the new Aetherblade skins however. I dislike the goofy steampunk look, and I would rather have more medieval/high fantasy armors.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I like the new armor skins and am totally happy to buy them. I don’t need to get them now (I’m assuming they’re permanent additions to the gem store), so I can save and when I have the cash I’ll buy the skins as I need them.

I, personally, am glad they’ve made these available in the store. I hate the RNG, and while I’d be happy to also see these skins made available to people who run dungeons or something, I’d be sad to see that become the only way to get them. I don’t really have the time to run dungeons endlessly to build tokens up, and finding groups to do them in the first place can be tricky – particularly if you aren’t running an experienced Guardian/Warrior/Mesmer class (no hate here, just stating a fact). Sadly, I came to the game a bit too late to find it easy to find groups willing to put up with less experienced players in their dungeon runs as well, but all that aside, I generally don’t have much time to run the dungeons in the first place.

So, for the tl:drs out there, I’d be happy if they made new skins available in the gem store for direct purchase, but also added them to dungeons/missions for people who have the time/inclination to earn them over time.

Posted by: Ayarai.3985

Ayarai.3985

If they actually sold some really good looking armor sets like Marjory’s or Kashmeer’s armor in the gem store I’d gladly support them by buying those armors.

However, I cannot justify spending money to support them when they put out armor skins like these new Aetherblade ones. In my opinion, the Aetherblade armor skins look like goofy costumes straight out of some low budget B-class fantasy movie from the 80’s, which is about the last thing I’d wear on my norn character.

I’m sure there is an audience for costumes like this though, since after all opinions are opinions. But I think that they are awful and certainly not worth 800 gems.

(edited by Ayarai.3985)

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

If they actually sold some really good looking armor sets like Marjory’s or Kashmeer’s armor in the gem store I’d gladly support them by buying those armors.

However, I cannot justify spending money to support them when they put out armor skins like these new Aetherblade ones. In my opinion, the Aetherblade armor skins look like goofy costumes straight out of some low budget B-class fantasy movie from the 80’s, which is about the last thing I’d wear on my norn character.

I’m sure there is an audience for costumes like this though, since after all opinions are opinions. But I think that they are awful and certainly not worth 800 gems.

+1. They should bring the GW1 armors and weapons to GW2, they were 100X better than the garbage for armor/weapons in GW2.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Why? The money apparently goes to NCSoft (not Arena.net) to finance their other games, like the upcoming Wildstar, which I have no interest in…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

darkace.8925

Why? The money apparently goes to NCSoft (not Arena.net) to finance their other games, like the upcoming Wildstar, which I have no interest in…

Again, if non of the money finds its way into Anet’s coffers how can they afford to continuously give us free content updates? I look forward to hearing your answer to that question.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I like the medium armor a lot. My only disappointments is that the metal clasps and gears have their base color tuned so high that you have to use the extremely dark colors just to get something that’s not incredibly pale, and I don’t care for the helmet.

Here’s my Asura Engie sporting his new look.

Attachments:

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I like the medium armor a lot. My only disappointments is that the metal clasps and gears have their base color tuned so high that you have to use the extremely dark colors just to get something that’s not incredibly pale, and I don’t care for the helmet.

sigh Another long coat for medium armor.

Nothing to see here people. Move along.

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

Was going to get Medium on Ranger, but after the last nerf changed my mind as no doubt im going to have to think seriously about a another class. Just made my Dreamer last week to oh well. Everything ive bought with gems has been for my Ranger and have used real world currency.

CrossedHorse.4261

Was going to get Medium on Ranger, but after the last nerf changed my mind as no doubt im going to have to think seriously about a another class. Just made my Dreamer last week to oh well. Everything ive bought with gems has been for my Ranger and have used real world currency.

Don’t give up! they didn’t kill the Ranger. Seriously, it’s still a great class and a viable build despite the nerfs. I don’t think you need to start an entirely different profession off the back of this patch.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I want to, cause I do want them to put more out this way, but to me all three are pretty ugly. I only bought one (primeval one) from the first set, cause it was the only one that looked good to me. With these new ones, I’d only want a couple of the individual pieces. It disappoints me that I can’t support them. I want new armor skins, just good looking ones. Its not that they’re steampunk, thats fine, overall they’re just kinda ugly.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

ToT.7018

Thanks CursedHorse, i’ve got over 1500 hours on my Ranger, as well as Legendary i have T3 armor, all ascended trinkets, the pick/scythe from the shop, Zerkers gear for dungeons. So i have spent a lot of time and effort on her, i’ve only just started to do wvw regularly im just concerned a may be pants at that now. I tried new dungeon last night and that part with golems was so hard, pet died instantly and the golems seemed to be kittened right off and chased me all the time first til i died every time, either the bear upset them or they didnt like the unicorns lol

CrossedHorse.4261

Thanks CursedHorse, i’ve got over 1500 hours on my Ranger, as well as Legendary i have T3 armor, all ascended trinkets, the pick/scythe from the shop, Zerkers gear for dungeons. So i have spent a lot of time and effort on her, i’ve only just started to do wvw regularly im just concerned a may be pants at that now. I tried new dungeon last night and that part with golems was so hard, pet died instantly and the golems seemed to be kittened right off and chased me all the time first til i died every time, either the bear upset them or they didnt like the unicorns lol

Cursed? Haha, thanks! :p

Seriously though, I hear the new dungeon is like that anyway – don’t dodge and you go down pretty quickly. Sadly, the pets never have dodged that I’ve noticed, so I’m not surprised your pet went down quickly.

It will take some getting used to, but I’m sure you’ll stick kick butt at WvW – the longbow at least has a bit of a buff, and that’s pretty good for WvW.

Give your Ranger the armour set and some love! This nerf is most definitely not worth throwing away that many hours of effort over. Having played so many hours on the Ranger, I’m sure you’ll be thinking of builds to counter the nerfs very quickly and you’ll be stronger than before because you’ll have learned just that bit more about the Ranger and its many possibilities.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

That’s now how the exchange works. AFAIK, contrary to popular belief, Anet does not supply free gems in any way, each and every gem offered in the exchange system was bought by someone and paid for in RL cash, then sold there for gold, which is why the price fluctuates, since it depends on how many gems are being offered and in stock Vs. how many people are buying them with gold.

Whether you get gems with your credit card or with in-game gold, Anet doesn’t care, at one point or another, the gems were already paid for in RL cash. Actually I’d even go ahead and say that they prefer you to buy them with gold, since they’re already paid for and they work as a gold sink as well (converting gold to gems and back to gold has a tax of around 35% according to wiki).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

ToT.7018

Lols sorry CrossedHorse we were talking about a cursed object at work at the time. My apologies and thanks again for the feedback

Posted by: Varulv.6943

Varulv.6943

I’m not angry at the patches, I still enjoy playing GW2, & I honestly haven’t seen the armor skins as the only time the gem store is open is the transition to one of the trading post tabs. I simply have never supported cash shops & I never will. Nothing A Net can or will ever do will change that, period.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Nice one! I like it a lot too, I think that the light and medium armours are almost like another set of Asuran racial armour and I plan on getting both.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Nice one! I like it a lot too, I think that the light and medium armours are almost like another set of Asuran racial armour and I plan on getting both.

Funny you should say that. I had some of the Asura cultural pieces because I was trying to get something like this look, but they weren’t great. For one thing, I’m not sure why feature items like cultural pieces only have two dye zones, which limited what I could do with them. Also, for everyone’s complaint that medium armor is all long-coats, most of the pieces don’t look like full length coats. They are shorter, or only have a flap on one side, or flap on both sides, but not in the back… strange variations on the long coat. The ones that do look like long coats are pretty bulky.

It’s nice to have cleaner, steam-punk engineer look over the more rugged, rogue (wild west/assassin/pirate) inspired stuff.

Attachments:

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Sometimes I take a step back and look at the big picture that is GW2 and I come to realize that this is Dress-up Dolls Online.

IVIUIEI.9631

Sometimes I take a step back and look at the big picture that is GW2 and I come to realize that this is Dress-up Dolls Online.

Isn’t all mmo dress doll? Would be boring without it.

vvuevv

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

Funny you should say that. I had some of the Asura cultural pieces because I was trying to get something like this look, but they weren’t great. For one thing, I’m not sure why feature items like cultural pieces only have two dye zones, which limited what I could do with them. Also, for everyone’s complaint that medium armor is all long-coats, most of the pieces don’t look like full length coats. They are shorter, or only have a flap on one side, or flap on both sides, but not in the back… strange variations on the long coat. The ones that do look like long coats are pretty bulky.

It’s nice to have cleaner, steam-punk engineer look over the more rugged, rogue (wild west/assassin/pirate) inspired stuff.

The Asuran skin is a lot better than the human one. I’d love to know which armors were made by which artists.

Posted by: prenavo.3926

prenavo.3926

Do they not suck?

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, I guess..

Personally the medium ones make me want to start leveling my engineer again so he can get it..

I agree, it would look pretty neat on an Engineer for sure. Goes with the theme of ’em.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Here is my Asura thief sporting her new look: (No wait ….)

Attachments:

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.