Please buy the armor skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mouhappai.5406

Mouhappai.5406

I agree that some of the skins look pretty strange but only on certain races and characters. But for the same reason, one can’t say that they suck simply because it looks funny on their character. Personally, I think the medium armor looks absolutely adorable on my engineer. The neck ribbon was what convinced me.

Attachments:

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

lol, wouldn’t the fact that it’s offered in a non-rng format invalidate the op’s concern….

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Make outfits wearable in combat like GW1 did. I miss going to war in my tuxedo!

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

I would love to buy them, but I just don’t like their design.

Maybe the next time they design something it will be more to my liking.

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

I bought the heavy set because the gloves look awesome on my guardian. I’m still trying to decide whether I like the shoulders or not… the huge gear looks great now but it’s also the sort of thing I’d probably get sick of after a few weeks.

I very very VERY much like that they were directly buyable though. If they had been RNG-acquired I would not have bothered.

Posted by: Katlyntje.7962

Katlyntje.7962

Plus, female Charr and Asura sharing the male model armors is just lazy.

Quoted for truth. I LOVE the female medium armor but all of my characters are ASURA which are forced to wear the MALE armor. I don’t get what is so wrong with putting an Asura in a skirt, it’s not like it’s a skimpy outfit either.

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There’s always a boom tomorrow. BOOM!

Primary: Gizzmologist Saikka – Asura Engineer

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Unfortunately they’re

1) Ugly

2) Should be rewarded for in-game efforts (No non-cash shop armor since the games launch)

3) Completely hideous

This.

Why kitten anet spend time making ugly kitten armor is beyond me. Especially when its high end type armor too. And most of the medium armor is ugly as hell, so pretty much anything is better when it comes to medium armor, even the heavy armor don’t look that amazing but its better than medium armor.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I wish ANET would bring the GW1 armor(especially the TAT armors)/weapon skins into GW2, they are 100X better looking.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

Yeah there’s something a bit lacking in the armor design department at Anet. Can’t stand RNG so don’t waste my money on keys, but I’d buy, buy, buy armor that was mix-and-matchable and had great variety.

But I guess it’s cheaper for Anet, labour-wise, to have RNG lockboxes with stuff drawn from a table, than to have a team of artists constantly designing cool new armor sets.

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

I just got the heavy set today for my Asura Guardian, I think it looks great. I’m hearing most people hate the heavy set.

That is the though part I think for Anet. People’s tatses vary so widely when it comes to the personal appearance of their character it is going to be tough to come out with skins please a majority and then people can’t help be disapointed when a big event like this comes out and the skin that is released for it doesn’t suit their taste.

Just try to keep in mind that the skin you hate someone else is loving right now.

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

Yeah there’s something a bit lacking in the armor design department at Anet.

I’ve thought for awhile now they need to hire an actual clothing/costume designer.

Either that or start holding contests for players to design and submit armors that’ll be added to the game. I mentioned that in another MMO’s forums and artists jumped at the possibility just to be able to list it in their portfolio regardless of any other rewards associated with it. (Too bad they, nor any other game I know of, has ever held such a contest.)

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

Sorry, too in love with my Heavy Arcon Armor (athough once I can make draconic armor I will be switching to that).

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I agree that some of the skins look pretty strange but only on certain races and characters. But for the same reason, one can’t say that they suck simply because it looks funny on their character. Personally, I think the medium armor looks absolutely adorable on my engineer. The neck ribbon was what convinced me.

Engineers and the new Aetherblade armour are simply a match made in heaven. I think they look the best of all. But I do love all the armours anyway.