Please change rich Ore

Please change rich Ore

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

from again after 23h to once a day (resetting at 0:00 UTC)ยจ

It drives me crazy that I have to remember at which time I was there yesterday to avoid being to early today. (was “go there a bit later than yesterday to get something” before edit)

Corrected: thanks to the info of Belzebu.3912 below.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Please change rich Ore

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

That’s weird. I remember them always resetting with daily reset assuming you hadn’t mines them within the previous 6 hours.

Please change rich Ore

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

That’s weird. I remember them always resetting with daily reset assuming you hadn’t mines them within the previous 6 hours.

So you mean they do not reset, if I mined them after 19:00 CET? That could be the reason as well.

But that would be a bit weired as well, if you mine them before 19:00 CET you can mine them every day, if you mine them after 19:00 CET, you can only mine them every 2nd day?

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Please change rich Ore

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

So you mean they do not reset, if I mined them after 19:00 CET? That could be the reason as well.

But that would be a bit weired as well, if you mine them before 19:00 CET you can mine them every day, if you mine them after 19:00 CET, you can only mine them every 2nd day?

If the spawn timer behaves like the ori nodes, harvesting them within the 6 hour window before reset increases the spawn time by that much.

So, 5 hours before reset, reset plus 1 hour. One hour before reset, reset plus 5 hours.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Please change rich Ore

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Why can’t they just have a spawn time of 10 minutes?

Please change rich Ore

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t know EU time. Basically if you farmed it within 6 hours of the daily reset, you’ll have to wait for that 6 hours to elapse. This was my experience when farming those nodes. The wiki lists 24 hours which is incorrect as I have farmed the nodes with about 8 hours until daily reset and have had them respawn when the next in-game day kicked over.

Please change rich Ore

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Permanent rich nodes takes 23 hours to reset, precisely to avoid the issue you mention OP.
Also, those 23 hours counts only if you don’t fall into the daily reset mentioned in the above posts.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Please change rich Ore

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Every node in the game has a cooldown, independent of whether they also reset at “reset” time. For most high-value nodes, it’s something more than 2 hours, and less than 14. This applies to: all rich nodes, all T6 ore/wood, and several open world chests.

I’ve tested multiple times after various major updates and I haven’t seen anything change in 3 years. Because of the difficulty in recreating ideal conditions, I haven’t narrowed it down past the 2 hrs < cooldown < 14 hrs — it’s possible there’s a variable element or something specific to the node.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”