Please change seaweed salad...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I’m really tired of playing my characters like a 5 year old waiting for the bathroom. Please either nerf this food or just give it a straight 10% damage.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

I find a lot of people use this food, but aren’t actually good enough to constantly move.

I think while above 90% hp would be fair balance for a food like this.

edit: or a new food which is 10% above 90%..

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’d prefer a new food rather than change an existing one because someone doesn’t like it.

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

So you’re complaining about an optional food item because you don’t like using it?

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

Dahkeus.8243

So you’re complaining about the optimal food item because you don’t like using it?

Fixed that for ya.

And yea, it’s largely a QoL request. I’m not saying the sky is falling or that I’ll quit over this. However, it’s unnecessarily arduous and the end result doesn’t contribute to any fulfilling sense of difficulty.

(edited by Dahkeus.8243)

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

Yeah I’ve felt the same way for a while. I would rather have seaweed salad and similar consumables (e.g. experimental remnant) just taken out of the game than having them in their current form.

The movement requirement is easy but annoying, and more importantly the +% damage is so much better than other foods for power DPS that there is no reason to use anything else. I guess this isn’t as much of an issue outside of raids where power and precision have more value but holy crap it gets old fast to LRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLR nostop for literally every single raid fight because there is no comparable option.

I’d prefer a new food rather than change an existing one because someone doesn’t like it.

New food is cool but the problem is that seaweed salad is so much better than every other power DPS food that any comparable food would similarly leave everything else in the dust.

(edited by Dinosaurs.8674)

Ayrilana.1396

New food is cool but the problem is that seaweed salad is so much better than every other power DPS food that any comparable food would similarly leave everything else in the dust.

And? A suggestion was made to have food that gives a 10% damage boost if your HP is above 90%. There’s no reason that it needs to replace seaweed salad.

Dinosaurs.8674

And? A suggestion was made to have food that gives a 10% damage boost if your HP is above 90%. There’s no reason that it needs to replace seaweed salad.

…And having dozens of foods with only 1 being viable seems intuitively to be bad design? There are a lot of different high tier DPS foods but none of them even comes close to being as good seaweed salad. Sure you could introduce lots of new food at a similar power level as seaweed salad so that there are many options, but it seems easier to just move seaweed salad down to the power level of existing food.

I mean if you want to look at that suggested food specifically, it would be irrelevant because seaweed salad can easily be kept up 100% of the time, so if you ever drop below 90% health then it is worse. Although that food would be strictly better than every single other food for power DPS, it is strictly worse than seaweed salad, and so just like every other non-seaweed salad DPS food it would never be used (unless it were cheap, but that isn’t the issue).

Ayrilana.1396

…And having dozens of foods with only 1 being viable seems intuitively to be bad design? There are a lot of different high tier DPS foods but none of them even comes close to being as good seaweed salad. Sure you could introduce lots of new food at a similar power level as seaweed salad so that there are many options, but it seems easier to just move seaweed salad down to the power level of existing food.

I mean if you want to look at that suggested food specifically, it would be irrelevant because seaweed salad can easily be kept up 100% of the time, so if you ever drop below 90% health then it is worse. Although that food would be strictly better than every single other food for power DPS, it is strictly worse than seaweed salad, and so just like every other non-seaweed salad DPS food it would never be used (unless it were cheap, but that isn’t the issue).

There’s a difference between viable and optimal.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I’ll stick with my orrian steak frittes thanks. I don’t care enough about being optimal to spend 50 silver for a 30 minute buff.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Dinosaurs.8674

There’s a difference between viable and optimal.

What does viability have to do with anything? I’m not saying other foods aren’t viable; even masterwork gear is viable. I’m saying it’s stupid that there is one food that is strictly the best in every raid fight. You can disagree with whether that’s dumb or not but you can’t dispute that if you want to be optimal there is exactly one choice. And there isn’t even an escape for budget-minded raiders because the next best food is experimental remnant, which is identical to seaweed salad (but 1.8% less effective) and costs only 7.68s/hour. There is so much cool stuff that could be done with food buffs but we’re stuck with some boring +% garbage on every single fight.

I’ll stick with my orrian steak frittes thanks. I don’t care enough about being optimal to spend 50 silver for a 30 minute buff.

I mean experimental remnant is cheaper than orrian steak frittes and deals 5-6% more damage in raids but I’m sure that 700hp is very important

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

In ANet’s shoes, I’d read this post and be tempted to just remove seaweed salad from the game. It sounds like people are in agreement that there shouldn’t be only a single food that’s best.

Enjoy the powerful bonus and be glad that ANet is ok with leaving it in the game.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Ayrilana.1396

What does viability have to do with anything? I’m not saying other foods aren’t viable; even masterwork gear is viable.

You’re the one that brought it up in the first place. And actually, you did say that they were not viable.

You said it here:

…And having dozens of foods with only 1 being viable seems intuitively to be bad design? There are a lot of different high tier DPS foods but none of them even comes close to being as good seaweed salad.

I’m saying it’s stupid that there is one food that is strictly the best in every raid fight. You can disagree with whether that’s dumb or not but you can’t dispute that if you want to be optimal there is exactly one choice. And there isn’t even an escape for budget-minded raiders because the next best food is experimental remnant, which is identical to seaweed salad (but 1.8% less effective) and costs only 7.68s/hour. There is so much cool stuff that could be done with food buffs but we’re stuck with some boring +% garbage on every single fight.

For power builds it’s the optimal choice if you can consistently keep moving. Condi builds generally use +condi duration consumables. Why not ask for those to be removed too? You’re not stuck with those food buffs as you can use others that add power. While being optimal has it’s advantages, it’s not the be-all-end-all way to play the game. Nothing requires you to play at your optimum.

Dahkeus.8243

In ANet’s shoes, I’d read this post and be tempted to just remove seaweed salad from the game. It sounds like people are in agreement that there shouldn’t be only a single food that’s best.

Enjoy the powerful bonus and be glad that ANet is ok with leaving it in the game.

I actually am fine with a single ‘best’ food. There’s almost always been a best food and it’s pretty much always been pricey. Seaweed actually has a cheaper alternative from a vendor, so that’s not really a big issue imo.

However, having to spam a ridiculous back and forth movement just to get the benefit from your food is makes seaweed so obnoxious.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I mean experimental remnant is cheaper than orrian steak frittes and deals 5-6% more damage in raids but I’m sure that 700hp is very important

Considering you would need to consume 3 of them to match the uptime of one orrian steak fritte, they wind up costing roughly the same. Frittes are probably cheaper if you craft them yourself.

As for 5-6% more damage, I wouldn’t know….I don’t care enough about raids to do the math.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

I’m really tired of playing my characters like a 5 year old waiting for the bathroom. Please either nerf this food or just give it a straight 10% damage.

I always feel like playing old amiga games… like Winter Games for example. Where you had to “paddle” left and right arrows to move forward on ski.

I started noticing that Im now even playing in PvP like that…. muscle memory I guess… and its really quite annoying and not helpful at all.