Please communicate about changes for PoF

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Skuzz.6580

Skuzz.6580

Dear Anet,

Let me start by saying that I am very happy about PoF, and that we don’t have to wait long for it.
But this is probably what also got most people worried at the same time.
With the past few demo’s and stress tests there have been countless of feedback topics and ideas going around, but no real communication back.

I think it would help the community immensely if you were to give some more insight into what is going on on your end, what you are working on, what changes you are working on.

Just in general, some better communication. It’s the 1 thing GW2 currently lacks, which is a shame.

Posted by: Hyrai.8720

Hyrai.8720

I think ANet is trying to avoid a ****storm about changes they made but the players weren’t able to try yet…

In other words:
ANet wants players to experience the changes before crying about them.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Game is coming out in 2.5 weeks. They’re working on getting the game out. Any changes that came from feedback are probably on a very long list. Programming doesn’t work that quickly.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I think that their communication with their customers is and always had been terrible and I doubt that will ever change but Vayne is right any feedback from these tests will take a while to analyse and be actioned upon.

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

Naw, why do people want to peek at Christmas presents before Christmas Day? It’s gonna be what it’s gonna be. I really think that the desire to know what is coming is a deep need to control and in this situation we have little if any control. We’ve had access to the game, we know a portion of the map. But some how the need for details makes people unhappy? Because if those details don’t fit our expectations we can some how… what?

Posted by: Hyrai.8720

Hyrai.8720

Guess “elitists” want to know as many details as possible in order to prepare for the expansion

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Guess “elitists” want to know as many details as possible in order to prepare for the expansion

Or, they would just like to know that the countless hours they have spent thinking about and suggesting improvements have even been read and the numerous bugs and crazy OP/UP things in PoF are being actioned. Or that anything at all is happening. It’s the simple things.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That’s not the only reason. Casuals are worried about changes to the loot system and how some skills work. (And I used a deliberately-vague term to cover all sorts of people.)

I think it’s a bit naive to expect that ANet is going to have time to communicate much about any of our individual concerns or to equate “ANet isn’t saying much” with “ANet isn’t doing much” or even “ANet isn’t paying attention.”

As always, they’ll address the issues they see as critical and postpone dealing with some stuff and disagree with us and still other things. And, as always, they’ll let the game speak for itself.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Or, they would just like to know that the countless hours they have spent thinking about and suggesting improvements have even been read and the numerous bugs and crazy OP/UP things in PoF are being actioned. Or that anything at all is happening. It’s the simple things.

Nah they just in the backroom sipping coffee for 2 weeks until the expansion comes out.

I mean, what else do you think they’re doing every day? It’s crunch time for them, we don’t need bullet points of their day to day workings what is being looked at and what isn’t.

The zones are most likely done, the classes are done, at this point they are obviously working on bug fixes and adjustments to classes. Some things probably won’t get fixed before release, just keep submitting bugs and forums posts until it is.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I think it’s a bit naive to expect that ANet is going to have time to communicate much about any of our individual concerns or to equate “ANet isn’t saying much” with “ANet isn’t doing much” or even “ANet isn’t paying attention.”

That’s why companies have community managers. No one is expecting Bill from server maintenance to come on forums or social media and give us dev notes.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

That’s why companies have community managers. No one is expecting Bill from server maintenance to come on forums or social media and give us dev notes.

I’d be interested in hearing what Bill is doing to prepare the servers for POF launch.
Just saying.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Exactly. In my personal experience people are hired to do jobs. They do those jobs so that other people can do their jobs. For example, I’m a software engineer, I’m not expected to handle payroll or ensure that the printers have enough toner. We have people who do that.

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

I think most of what you’re looking for falls under Gaile’s department. From the past I can tell you this:
When she gets the information and is allowed to share, she will post. Otherwise be patient, lol.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I think most of what you’re looking for falls under Gaile’s department. From the past I can tell you this:
When she gets the information and is allowed to share, she will post. Otherwise be patient, lol.

Bolded for importance.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Nah they just in the backroom sipping coffee for 2 weeks until the expansion comes out.

I mean, what else do you think they’re doing every day? It’s crunch time for them, we don’t need bullet points of their day to day workings what is being looked at and what isn’t.

The zones are most likely done, the classes are done, at this point they are obviously working on bug fixes and adjustments to classes. Some things probably won’t get fixed before release, just keep submitting bugs and forums posts until it is.

Obviously.

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

They hadn’t changed anything since they last showed us. And they have apparently made changes, but we won’t be seeing them for some time.