Please do something to stop Food Griefing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

This used to be pretty rare, but on SBI its gotten to the point that almost every single piece of siege dropped, supply depot, lord killed, sometimes even just a flower that the zerg runs by, will get covered in low-level feasts (especially true in EB).

This has the effect of making siege take very long to build (it becomes difficult to target the siege to construct) and wasting the fairly expensive food buffs many players are running with, only to be replaced with “66% chance to heal on crit in the daytime” “4% boon duration” or something else troll-tastic.

I’ve seen this happen in PvE also, in the queens jubilee all over the chest spawns.

Please do something about this. Perhaps lower level food cant overwrite higher level food, or feasts cant overwrite single-meal foods, or the player who dropped the food could have his name on it so people know who to report, something. It’s gotten way out of hand.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Anet should create a usable food-removal item, that removes all food in the area.

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

haha… never seen this, but whoever thought of it, props to you.

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

That’s really dumb that people are doing that. I’m glad I’ve never seen that stuff happening but kitten that sucks. Sorry to hear about that. Report them and move on. Take screen caps and send them in don’t use in game report options.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Why? Why would you ever give props to someone that actively plays against teammates?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

That sounds just as bad as dropping a merchant on the WvW portal just before reset.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

This sounds amusing. About as amusing how people build trebs at gates and rams on hills. Thanks for the tip.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

This sounds amusing. About as amusing how people build trebs at gates and rams on hills. Thanks for the tip.

Lmao is that something people do?

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

This must be the same people that drop “Fun boxes” on top of Bank and Trading Post NPCs.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Lmao is that something people do?

I’ve got one better. I was in DR and was clicking on one of those fun box thingies. All of a sudden a portal appeared on top of the box, which I immediately gained activating priority on over it. Result? I hit F, and was ported to a location WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY above the ground, between the first and second floors of DR, and fell to my untimely demise =D As did about 8 or 9 other people. We all splatted about the same time.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Trebs in short distance behind your keep gates are actually quite effective for defending them against golem rushes during the night. Just takes one person to do it, i killed plenty of golems with this tactic.

Rams also have their defensive purposes. The Flame blast not only burns your foes but also provides a fire field to combo in and most importantly, fears up to 50 (!) targets for 3 seconds. This can cause quite some distress in enemy mobs that are running through a chokepoint or along a cliff and laugh about the “noob” that dared to build a flame ram there.

Some time back, if you popped the flame blast and left the ram for another player to take over, the 15s cooldown of the skill would also reset, making it spammable. Not sure if they fixed it though or if it is working as indended.

I am not sure, if the knockback on the no1 skill also hits up to 50 targets but if thats the case, i am sure you will find it even more useful in the open field.

Put some superior runes of Perplexity on your armor for extra-lulz.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Yeah, AHAHA! THEY ARE SO CLEVER! Griefing is sooooooo funny! In fact, it’s so funny I hope they and people like them get banned from the game just because someone in ANet wants some kicks and giggles. Cause that’s funny right?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Yeah, AHAHA! THEY ARE SO CLEVER! Griefing is sooooooo funny! In fact, it’s so funny I hope they and people like them get banned from the game just because someone in ANet wants some kicks and giggles. Cause that’s funny right?

I wish A.Net would have the resources to do that.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

It’s just a game man, try to have fun.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Why so serious?

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Remove foods.

/problemsolved

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

They could restrict WvW to lvl 80 only, that might detour people from doing this.

Posted by: Tasty Pudding.3764

Tasty Pudding.3764

Set a hot key for “Targeting – Next Ally” and you can cycle through everything nearby even if you can’t click on it.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Set a hot key for “Targeting – Next Ally” and you can cycle through everything nearby even if you can’t click on it.

Good idea. Nice to know one way to combat such griefers.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

This must be the same people that drop “Fun boxes” on top of Bank and Trading Post NPCs.

I’ve done this once, but it was accidental due to lag. I thought I moved, when I actually hadn’t. Felt awful afterwards cause I hate when people do crap like this.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

They might just be noobs since I did the same thing once , I thought I would build a ram inside the safety of a tower then roll it oustide the gate , boy was I wrong . Don’t be too kitten those guys .

- Cheers =)

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

For a moment I wondered “A Monsanto thread in GW2? IBTL!”

This is indeed some hilarious griefage.
Just make the kitten things destroyable, so for a change we can deal with the problem ourselves.

Polish > hype

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yea, it’s pretty annoying. There should be an option to prevent you from taking feasts.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Not sure if they’d work, but I also saw people doing this with Zephyr Sanctum models all around the NPC’s in LOL’ins Arch.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

One day, someone laid a path of trays of pie, from Overlook, to SM, to Lowlands. It was beautiful (it wasn’t bothering anyone).

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

Griefers are the main reason we can’t have nice things. Devs have to spend so much effort on circumventing them.

Same in life, really.

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Why? Why would you ever give props to someone that actively plays against teammates?

Because sometimes things like this are funny the first few times. You’ve never played a joke on your friends? Lighten up. It’s only a problem when it get abused and repeated (as these things tend to do).

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Griefers are the main reason we can’t have nice things. Devs have to spend so much effort on circumventing them.

Same in life, really.

I find that griefers are rewarded in real life.

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

In the grand scheme of things wrong with guild wars, this is very very low on the list.

Here’s a solution: Instead of spamming the f key every time you see the interaction popup take 2 seconds to read what it is you’ll be doing.

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

In the grand scheme of things wrong with guild wars, this is very very low on the list.

Here’s a solution: Instead of spamming the f key every time you see the interaction popup take 2 seconds to read what it is you’ll be doing.

Its very low on your personal list, at least.

Often times in takes much longer than 2 seconds to find just the right angle to target a ram/supply depot/etc so as not to interact with the feasts that are covering it. Its probably closer to 10 seconds every time someone does this, which when building siege in combat is a serious problem. And if you mess up, they cost you the price of your other food, which might be in the 16silver neighborhood if youre eating good food.

its not fair or right to repeatedly cost an entire group of players time and money, over and over again every night just to be a jerk. something should be done about it.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

This stuff is why, were I to run a game, all testing would be done on a PVP only server. Those guys figure out uses for things nobody else dreams of, and find workarounds and “unintended uses” for things that Devs never dream of.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Those guys figure out uses for things nobody else dreams of, and find workarounds and “unintended uses” for things that Devs never dream of.

That´s pretty much the hallmark of all public test servers, the other hallmark is that devs rarely listen to the complaints and mainly use them as a beta stress test.

Polish > hype