Please enable Asc. Jewelry attribute change

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eclipsiste.3251

Eclipsiste.3251

I know, I’m not the first to bring the subject up, but the more I think about it, the more I’m convinced it would be a good option.
I spend a fair amount of time on GW2. Probably more than the average, and definitely less than some überplayers ^^… I crafted ascended weapons, ascended armors… And we all know it’s quite time/gold consuming.
Being able to change the attributes of ascended weapons & pieces of armor I obtained via loot, WvW or PvP level ups was a very, very, VERY welcome improvement.
Now I don’t understand why the same possibility for jewelry was not implemented.
OK, Jewelry craft doesn’t go up to ascended, but the current system to change attributes on a weapon/piece of armor only requires the exo inscription/insignia.

I see many reasons why it would be a nice improvement:
- I have about a dozen ascended rings obtained via WvW level ups in my bank, rings I’m reluctant to use because they don’t match the attributes I’d like for my chars. It would be great to be able to change them like I did for all the pieces of armor I obtained the same way.
- Laurels have become a little harder to come by if you don’t play on a daily basis. Being able to change attributes would be great for players who can’t spend a lot of time on GW2; if you can’t afford buying trinkets, at least you can modify the ones you might loot.
- It wouldn’t hurt the game economy. You’d still need to be able to obtain ascended trinkets to modify them.
- The Jeweler craft would feel a bit more useful…

[VdF] – Jade Sea

Posted by: Malystryx.4172

Malystryx.4172

As much as I support this, due to the major nature of acquiring ascended trinkets and accessories, I highly doubt this would happen. Mainly because you normally can choose what you get, stat wise.

Ascended weapons and armor is different. Unless you crafted them, your only option was rng which really didn’t allow you to choose an item that matched your playstyle. Thus, you were kittened.

With trinkets, you have rng, yes. But more than likely, your first trinket will be purchased, thus you CHOOSE what you get.

I do support, and would love to see them add that function but I can see why they wouldn’t.

Posted by: BeckaPL.2670

BeckaPL.2670

I don’t think they’d do this after the announcement of ascended salvaging. That seems to be the solution they’re going with to large amount of useless ascended rings rather than allowing people to change stats. And while I realise the two don’t really collide with each other and both would work, would seem like an odd addition after how big an announcement ascended salvaging was

Eclipsiste.3251

You’re probably right, but I can’t shake the feeling that ascended salvaging will be another way to crank up the craft process… Another step after the multiple account bound components used for ascended craft. This may be welcome by players who spend a lot of time on the game, but it shouldn’t be the only option. I don’t think every player will embark on the “legendary journey”. It would be nice to have a choice: modify or salvage. As long as we don’t loot ascended trinkets more often, the two options could coexist without any problem.

[VdF] – Jade Sea

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

It’d be cool if we could throw 4 rings in the mf to reroll.

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

It would be even cooler if they were tradeable, then I wouldn’t still be faced with the ‘choice’ or either doing JP2 fractals or waiting for enough laurels and ectos to finish equipping my mains…

Eclipsiste.3251

I was more thinking of a method similar to what’s in place for weapons & armors: craft the exo jewel, and put the ascended trinket, the exo jewel, 5 ectos and 1 anthology of heroes in the MF. 4 ascended rings in the MF to obtain a single one would not be cost efficient.

[VdF] – Jade Sea

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I was more thinking of a method similar to what’s in place for weapons & armors: craft the exo jewel, and put the ascended trinket, the exo jewel, 5 ectos and 1 anthology of heroes in the MF. 4 ascended rings in the MF to obtain a single one would not be cost efficient.

considering how easy and common they are compared to other ascended pieces, i think it’s perfectly reasonable.

Eclipsiste.3251

considering how easy and common they are compared to other ascended pieces, i think it’s perfectly reasonable.

I don’t agree. I have a good number of rings stashed in my bank, but I have played more than 5800 hours, and mostly in WvW (where I got most of them via WvW ranks). Also I had almost the same number of ascended armor pieces in my bank (10) when the update came. I looted a little more rings, not a big difference. But again, I played a lot. Changing attributes should be accessible for casual players as well, like it is for weapons and armors. If you have few hours to play, it’s all the nicer to be able to adjust your stuff when you loot something big.

[VdF] – Jade Sea

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Could be nice, especially for casual player. Not everybody like fractals and a lot of player are in small guild with friend and can’t do guild missions on a regular basis. For them ascended accessories and rings are a lot more costly so being able to swap stats without rebuying them would a great qualify of life. Anyway, if that happen it shouldn’t be by throwing 4 rings into the MF. That method only make sense for rings that you accumulate in fractal. Like I said, the main focus of that should be people that don’t do guild missions, fractals, or both.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

First i wish that people that don’t like fractals would get other ways to get
asc rings / jewlery beside buying them for laurels.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Eclipsiste.3251

First i wish that people that don’t like fractals would get other ways to get
asc rings / jewlery beside buying them for laurels.

Yes, the "play as you like " argument Anet was using at the beginning of GW2 has suffered a lot. Now you can’t shake the feeling that some activities are made mandatory to build the character you want… More diversity, more options for every kind of players would be nice.

[VdF] – Jade Sea

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

They iddnt implement this for technical reasons, i guess. Many stats dont have exotic jewels assigned, like dire, shaman, soldier etc.

So they either have to make them craftable or salvageable vom trinkets with those stats.

Either way, it would require a good overhaul of trinkets and jeweling.

And compared to weapons and armor, asc trinekts are mostly available from vendors for account bound currencies.

If they would introduce a forge recipe to change stats on asc trinkets, you will remove quite some sinks for those currencies, like laurels, commendations, fractal relics, etc, so they would devaluate those currencies.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.