Please fix the LFG refresh rate

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

The “Open World” LFG room refreshed constantly every 0.2 seconds during busy EU times :/

This makes the whole experience of using it really horrible (I join wrong parties, can’t click on the ones I want in time, after few of these fails I get “You have joined too many parties recently”).

Why did you make a “Refresh” button if you keep the refresh rate on something like 0.2 seconds ?

LFG worked brilliantly for months while you had it marked as [BETA] …. and now when its out of beta it totally sucks

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

/signed x99999999

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

The Quality Assurance team is aware of the issue and they are working on a fix.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/LFG-bug-3/page/2#post4616993

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

Ah cool ^^

Its good to know they are working on it :P

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)

Posted by: entropy.9613

entropy.9613

You also need an option to ‘dismiss’ (hide) advertised parties in which you have no interest, to cull what can be a long LFG list at times.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I don’t think the players themselves actually understand what they want.

You don’t want the entire lfg to refresh instantly when a new lfg is posted, or one is filled and removed…. but you DO want it up to date, so you aren’t scrolling through old and filled lfgs before they disappear.

A fast refreshing the lfg in general is a wonderful thing.

The heavy Silverwastes traffic and lfg spam is to blame moreso than the lfg coding for the problems people are having with joining parties.

I mean…. you don’t see the problem anywhere else except open world content.

What needs to be done is, add newer lfg’s to the bottom of the list, and keep existing non-filled lfgs where they are, and don’t refresh the entire list of lfgs.

When an LFG is filled, move everything below it upward.

Another issue is the scroll animation.

The scrolling animation from the right to left, while it may be aesthetically pleasing to see under low traffic, becomes a joke during high traffic.

The animation plays long enough that an lfg may be filled or created in that time, the lfg refreshes, and the scrolling starts all over again.

Removing the scroll animation from the lfg utility will fix the problems encountered with high lfg traffic.

Though, this will not really help as much as people think it will.

Having an lfg tool under high traffic is going to be almost just as frustrating nomatter how streamline the tool actually is, and its minor flaws are only really showing due to the immense amount of traffic.

You are still going to have problems joining parties before they are filled, since 923487293842938472 people can’t all join the same 90% SW party at once.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Having an lfg tool under high traffic is going to be almost just as frustrating nomatter how streamline the tool actually is, and its minor flaws are only really showing due to the immense amount of traffic.

There weren’t much problems with lfg before that last change that broke it. Also, saying that “LFG is not broken, it’s just not working right in the categories where it is most needed” means, that it’s not working right for majority of people that use the system. Ergo, it is broken.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

TheBlackLeech.9360

There weren’t much problems with lfg before that last change that broke it. Also, saying that “LFG is not broken, it’s just not working right in the categories where it is most needed” means, that it’s not working right for majority of people that use the system. Ergo, it is broken.

I’m saying it isn’t perfect, and the only reason the flaws are being noticed is because there is a different underlying issue compounding all the tiny problems into a bigger problem.

Even if we had the old system still, we had a perfect system, or have the system we are currently using, we would still have the same problems.

Sure, if the issues we are having do get changed, that’d be great……. but in a 100% perfect lfg tool there is no way to have a perfect balance of keeping old stuff on there longer versus refreshing faster.

With the old lfg system, there was a slower refresh rate, and after being up there for some time they would finally fade away, and everything would shift to fill up the empty space.

With the new lfg system, there is a much faster refresh rate, and it refreshes immediately when a new LFG is added or removed, the only problem is that there is a scrolling animation that needs to be fixed.

Lowering the refresh rate is a bad idea. Regardless of how long you let an lfg sit there before it disappears, it still has to disappear at some point, and it is going to shift everything whether it happens instantly or after 5 seconds.

I’m saying the scroll animation needs to be removed, and don’t change the refresh rate at all.

If you open up your task manager on your computer and sort the processes by cpu usage, you will see what I’m talking about.

It instantly refreshes, and works perfectly……

now imagine if every time an item changed its position in the list, there was a scroll animation that played.

The scrolling would never stop.

The problem is the scroll animation and not the refresh rate.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

xxx

It was working just fine before this great update.
Now it’s madness and fact that 10 days isn’t enough to fix it is like a bad joke.

TheBlackLeech.9360

xxx

Now it’s madness and fact that 10 days isn’t enough to fix it is like a bad joke.

I agree the fix should have been implemented already, but I also must stress that the issue is the animation which was added in the update and not the refresh rate.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

xxx

I agree the fix should have been implemented already, but I also must stress that the issue is the animation which was added in the update and not the refresh rate.

It’s both. There was no reason to refresh the whole list just to update a roster on one of the groups. I might have agreed with you if the refresh happened only on adding/removing a group, but doing it when all that changes is one player being added or removed from a single group on a list… That would be a problem even without the animation.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

TheBlackLeech.9360

xxx

It’s both. There was no reason to refresh the whole list just to update a roster on one of the groups. I might have agreed with you if the refresh happened only on adding/removing a group, but doing it when all that changes is one player being added or removed from a single group on a list… That would be a problem even without the animation.

you wouldn’t even notice if the animation never played.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

You also need an option to ‘dismiss’ (hide) advertised parties in which you have no interest, to cull what can be a long LFG list at times.

I second this! Add a text filter just like Trading Post. For example:
Text Criterion Filter: SW,Silverwastes,Dry Top.

This way it searches for all comma-separated entries: SW, Silverwastes, or Dry Top. Have it as OR’d criteria, this is, any of them will match. It’s good because this filter would follow a proper validation, and wouldn’t have anything to do with your LFG text (because of course it’s a search filter, not an advertising one). I find it much simpler on the long run than adding more and more tabs…

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

The refreshing speed doesn’t need to change, just the refreshing animation

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast