Please fix the Legendary Acquisition Sy

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lodius.5392

Lodius.5392

So I returned to the game a couple months ago. I stopped after I became extremely frustrated trying to farm for legendary weapon mats (lodestones and T6 mats).

T6 Mats: ArenaNet has consistently removed all farming locations of T6 mats. The only way to efficiently gather these is by buying them from the Trading Post. Some of these mats are at around 60silver each. On average these T6 mats are around 40silver. So 40 × 250 * 8 (types for gift of might/magic) is 800 gold.

WvW: We are forced to do WvW for 100% Map Completion and 500 Badges of Honor. Not everyone is into PvP. Especially those on consistent losing servers.

Precursors: Are effectively the most ridiculous portion of any MMORPG game I have ever seen. When I left the game I was going for Meteorlogicus which requires the precursor of Storm. This was around 100g when I left the game for a break. When I returned it is now up to 600+ gold. The prices of all precursors is soaring out of control.

Gold: The only way to get a legendary is to have gold… and lots of it.
1) We used to be able to farm Orr for a while to get drops (but no… let’s slap the community with DR)
2) So I found some good farming spots for some T6 mats (nope! Let’s nerf that area because we want T6 mats to go up in price) …
3) Fine… I’ll do dungeon runs over and over for farming… (Don’t think so… let’s remove that aspect from the game as well… once a day only)

So now the ways left to receive a decent amount of gold…
1) Use real money to purchase gems and convert it to gold.
2) Play the trading post. Buy cheap and sale high. Which is extremely unappealing to me. I want to play a GAME not a market!

T6 Mats = 800 Gold
Precursor = Venom 110 Gold or Dusk 1100 Gold
Mystic Clovers = 50 – 100 Gold
Icy Runestones & Recipes = 120 Gold
Lodestones = 75 Silver – 2.5 Gold (100 = 75g – 250g)

Total Gold – 1,500 – 3,000 depending on luck

I have played an average of 2-3 hours a day for the last 2 months and earned about 150 gold. That is 20 months of playing for the cheapest version of a precursor (Kraitkin).

I cannot earn enough money per day to “buy” the stuff… and the price of everything keeps going up. Come on ArenaNet have mercy on the poor players in the community!!

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

There is nothing to fix as It’s not “broken” as is evidenced by many players that actually have them.

Now if you want to request that they change the method (or add another), that is a valid discussion.

TBH, if casual “poor” players (which includes me) could get a Legendary easily, they would not be very “Legendary”.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Lodius.5392

There is nothing to fix as It’s not “broken” as is evidenced by many players that actually have them.

Now if you want to request that they change the method (or add another), that is a valid discussion.

TBH, if casual “poor” players (which includes me) could get a Legendary easily, they would not be very “Legendary”.

I have to disagree… In prior days people could farm gold more easily as well as precursors and mats were loads cheaper.

If they were as cheap as they used to be it wouldn’t be an issue… but the price of these things are skyrocketing out of control.

There is a guy in our guild that literally has 8 Legendary weapons…

I remember COF farming groups of 4 warriors + 1 Mesmer from back in the day… When I finally decided to level a Mesmer… they nerfed dungeons.

Some people would farm places like “Union Waypoint” at Lyssa. They could afk farm for mats.

There were numerous T6 mat locations people could farm before ANET nerfed them.

The cost for newer or even not full hardcore players to own a legendary is spiraling out of control. So NO I don’t mean… “change” … I mean “fix”

Posted by: Aline Castro.9820

Aline Castro.9820

=o. I agree with Brother Grimm. If getting one legendary were easier, then they wouldn’t be legendary. I myself don’t intend to get one, as a matter of fact, yesterday I gave away “The Chosen” to someone. Maybe if I get lucky again, I’ll give it to you so that you can sell it and get whatever you want.

“Aww yeah!? Bart c’mere. You c’mere. Aww yeah!?”
Aline Josephly (Ranger) / Aline de Gonzalez (Warrior) / Leah Gonzalez (Mesmer)

Posted by: Mac.3872

Mac.3872

There is nothing legendary about legendary weapons except the legendary amount of gold required to obtain one. And as we all know that only requires a legendary swipe of a credit card.

They are skins..

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

I personally don’t care about Legendary but about rising prices yes.I know my luck well so I won’t have a precursor not in this life nor in other but without T6 mats I cannot lvl up my professions to craft what I need…and that’s annoying!

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I have to disagree… In prior days people could farm gold more easily as well as precursors and mats were loads cheaper.

If they were as cheap as they used to be it wouldn’t be an issue… but the price of these things are skyrocketing out of control.

I remember COF farming groups of 4 warriors + 1 Mesmer from back in the day… When I finally decided to level a Mesmer… they nerfed dungeons.

Some people would farm places like “Union Waypoint” at Lyssa. They could afk farm for mats.

The cost for newer or even not full hardcore players to own a legendary is spiraling out of control. So NO I don’t mean… “change” … I mean “fix”

When precursors were 100g, 85% of people had less than 50g to their name (speculative, obviously no numbers exist).

Gold farming has become significantly easier than it used to be. You can run every dungeon path once per day. So OP claiming a big ole nerf:they nerfed being able to farm the same (aka easiest) path over and over and over and over. That is not a nerf to making gold, it’s a nerf to cheesing one path for easy gains. I don’t know how many runs you did per day back when you were farming (what I assume was CoF p1), but I’m sure it wasn’t more than the total number of dungeon paths there are total. Maybe go out and try different paths? AC all paths, CoF p1, p3, HoTW all paths, TA all paths. That’s 11 dungeon paths, all of which are considered to be relatively easy to run.

Or do world bosses every day and sell the rares, or salvage them and sell the ectos (at ~40s/ea, some yellows can potentially net you 1.2g).

What are you doing with your laurels? If you are working toward a legendary, then I assume you have all of the ascended trinkets you need, so use all laurels toward T6 mats from laurel vendor. Or if you need strictly money, sell the T6 mats you get from the laurels.

Point is: There are options to make money if you actually wanted to.

I’ve been playing this game since beta and making money is vastly easier now than it used to be.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Call me bitter but after finishing a legendary, I sure as hell don’t want the journey to be easier for others in the future after all the botched pug runs I had to suffer through.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Lodius.5392

There is nothing legendary about legendary weapons except the legendary amount of gold required to obtain one. And as we all know that only requires a legendary swipe of a credit card.

They are skins..

THANK YOU… you get it. These aren’t legendaries… these are skins that costs a huge time investment and gold investment.

100% map completion is the only actual legendary feel to a legendary weapon there is.

Posted by: Wonderly.1324

Wonderly.1324

The only way to resolve this is to make it so that legendaries and precursors are account bound and acquired through non-rng means. This standardizes it such that everyone who has a certain legendary has to do a certain thing. You see someone with a legendary, and you KNOW this person “worked” for it by doing map completion, WvW for badges and completion, etc. This is fair because everyone has to do the same thing, and these set things are independent of market prices. However, the tradeoff is that you’ll have people who kitten they can’t “play how they want” or are “forced” to do certain things to get a legendary. Like, you would probably complain that you had to step into wvw, even though everyone else who worked hard for their legendary had to do wvw completion and get badges and didn’t whine about it. (Unless, of course, they straight up bought it off the tp.)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Prices/drops do not need to be adjusted for players that lack patience. Anyone with a little effort and time can get a legendary.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

They are skins..

Not entirely true after they changed them to account bound ascended with the choice of stat swapping…

But otherwise, yes they are far too expensive for their worth. Anet should have bumped up loot (especially T6 materials) a long, long time ago. We cried and yelled and cried some more but they havent done anything about it. Now, all T6 is pretty much up to 50+ silvers. I remember the good old days when you could get them under 20. With the amounts needed, the prices are insane. Anet could fix it by injecting the economy with some much needed stimulation but… nope. They arent doing it. Why? Because it make people do that legendary swipe of the credit card you’re talking about.

But you know what? That is what is keeping GW2 alive. If you have played for over a year gathering loot and materials and want to get a legendary – including the most expensive ones – then the possible additional cost is minor if you where to compare say a subscription game. Seriously, it is. Anets gemstore philosophy is based on the fact that many people does this. Sure there are some people that spend way, way too much (far more than what a subscription would have cost them) but the majority dont. They either work hard for that legendary or they dont get it. Maybe some decide to spend $40 to get the gold needed, maybe some decide to spend $140. Its still nothing compared to 9 years of WoW subscriptions that isnt going to get a you a bow that shoot unicorns. At least I dont think they’ve made one yet?

TL;DR
Anet isnt going to fix it and the game will go on just like normal.

To give some perspective, by buying ESO (hey I had high hopes for it) and paying for just a few months extras, I’ve probably spent the eqvivalent of 700 gold on it (!!!).

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

With a business model such as ANET uses it is important for them to maximize their cash flow. They maintain that cash flow through gem purchases and through the sale of the initial game. The latter is a one time event only and as the game ages fewer copies will be sold so they have to keep those people that actually buy gems buying gems. Face it not every one does.

So gold sinks are a must and in every game I have ever played people will always find new and innovative ways to earn that gold. Some people are very good at that and can amass large amounts of gold without buying gems even if that entails spending your game time flipping items at the Trading Post. Other people can put in longer hours and actually play the game yet will never have more then 50 gold. ANET knows how much total gold is in the system and what the average amount of gold is per person playing the game and will adjust the drops, nerf farming spots, or restrict/lower the amount of gold entering the system to keep to a gold/person average. They have to in order to sell gems which is where their revenue flow comes from.

The is one issue I can see with it is that unless they make allowances is that over time it does have a bearing on how easily people can earn gold. Those players that can amass large amounts will stay in the game longer then a person that barely makes enough to get by. Over time those people that never seem to earn enough gold will leave the game and the average amount of gold/person ratio will go upwards. It is no different then real life where all the money is concentrated in the hands of 1% of the population. The economy in the game works in the same way. With all the gold sinks in place, the nerfed farm spots and the restrictions they placed on gold entering into the system those that cannot figure out ways to beat the system and amass large amounts are at a higher disadvantage.

How to fix things? I do not know. I do understand why they have to throttle the amount of gold going into the system but I do not know how it can be balanced so those people that have trouble earning that gold can be on the same playing field as those that understand and know how to beat the system.

Theftwind (HoD)

Lodius.5392

The only way to resolve this is to make it so that legendaries and precursors are account bound and acquired through non-rng means. This standardizes it such that everyone who has a certain legendary has to do a certain thing. You see someone with a legendary, and you KNOW this person “worked” for it by doing map completion, WvW for badges and completion, etc. This is fair because everyone has to do the same thing, and these set things are independent of market prices. However, the tradeoff is that you’ll have people who kitten they can’t “play how they want” or are “forced” to do certain things to get a legendary. Like, you would probably complain that you had to step into wvw, even though everyone else who worked hard for their legendary had to do wvw completion and get badges and didn’t whine about it. (Unless, of course, they straight up bought it off the tp.)

That’s what you got out of the entire OP? … the WVW / Map Completion is but a drop in the bucket. The hard part is gathering enough gold to make one.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

What is Sy? Lol, I’m just curious. =)

Oh, never mind. Thinking it’s Sy…stem cut off.

Lodius.5392

What is Sy? Lol, I’m just curious. =)

Heh ran out of letters (45 letter max) so I just left it.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yeah, I figured it out right after posting. =)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Call me bitter but after finishing a legendary, I sure as hell don’t want the journey to be easier for others in the future after all the botched pug runs I had to suffer through.

By the power invested in my by nobodyinparticular, I hearby dub thee, Sir ’Bitter" the Un-Apologetic! Go forth and display thy Weapon of woe proudly!

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Lodius.5392

By the power invested in my by nobodyinparticular, I hearby dub thee, Sir ’Bitter" the Un-Apologetic! Go forth and display thy Weapon of woe proudly!

lol… nice

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I have played an average of 2-3 hours a day for the last 2 months and earned about 150 gold. That is 20 months of playing for the cheapest version of a precursor (Kraitkin).

What the hell are you doing that only nets you 150g ? You should run dungeons. And fine a really good bunch of people to run them.

Because I do that every night on the week-ends for 4 hours and in two weeks I get that amount.

Ayrilana.1396

Essentially you earned about 83 silver to 1.25 an hour for the 2-3 hours you played a day if I did the math correctly. So you’re telling me that you couldn’t do better than this?

Edit: rephrased the post to make my point clearer

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

It’s not hard to make gold in Gw2.It’s boring.I’ve tried many ways to make gold and there’s plenty of them but I play for fun and not for gold making.
I won’t tell any method or way because ppl learn bad much faster than good but if you are lucky and have patience+time you can buy 1 Eternity in half month.When I need gold badly and I have a free weekend I can make 100g/day from 15g or even more depends on case and I am sure that many ppl can make even double.But I say play for fun and enjoy the game and not the monotony of gold ’’making’’ options
Don’t blame the game,blame the players.

Posted by: Gilgamesh.1025

Gilgamesh.1025

What the hell are you doing that only nets you 150g ? You should run dungeons. And fine a really good bunch of people to run them.

Because I do that every night on the week-ends for 4 hours and in two weeks I get that amount.

some people don’t have four hours every night to play.

I have about an hour or so of free time during weekdays and only one day that is free during weekends.

I try to get my AC run every night (at lest a path or 2) during weekdays and that gets me 1.5 to 3 g per day. If I do my math right, that means I will forever be chasing that carrot on a stick due to the crazy price in TP rise.

In true, back when guild wars 2 first come out. I was able farm and save up money. I was able to make one Legendary and have brought two more per for about 20g and 60g. These two are still in the bank. I just don’t have the money and mat to make them:(.

If they did something like the black moa chick (in guild wars one). That means, one day I might be able to get that carrot on a stick (it did take me 2 years to get that black moa chick)

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

Aside from the precursor, I have no problems with legendary acquisition, coming from someone who recently made my first one.

And the only thing we can do about that is wait and hope a-net does one of the many things they said they wanted to do about precursors.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I have about an hour or so of free time during weekdays and only one day that is free during weekends.

I try to get my AC run every night (at lest a path or 2) during weekdays and that gets me 1.5 to 3 g per day. If I do my math right, that means I will forever be chasing that carrot on a stick due to the crazy price in TP rise.

Neither do I. I pretty much only play during the week-ends. Of course, during my play time, I only do that.

You’re forgetting drops and tokens that can be turned into armor into insignias that can be sold.

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

So I returned to the game a couple months ago. I stopped after I became extremely frustrated trying to farm…

Therein lies your mistake.

Ayrilana.1396

I bolded the line that you didn’t read completely.

There are ways to earn more gold per hour than 3 gold and I’m not talking about the TP.

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

Lack of patience. Ha, what a joke.

I’ve been around since beta, and the inflation of the precursors alone outpaces the rate I can farm. By the time I had 100g, the precursors cost 200g. By the time I had 200g, the precursors are 400g. Now the precursor ALONE costs 1350g, and I got tired of running dungeons 12 times a day just to keep up.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

In true, back when guild wars 2 first come out. I was able farm and save up money. I was able to make one Legendary and have brought two more per for about 20g and 60g. These two are still in the bank. I just don’t have the money and mat to make them:(.

If they did something like the black moa chick (in guild wars one). That means, one day I might be able to get that carrot on a stick (it did take me 2 years to get that black moa chick)

Solo arah p2 or 3, wait for buyers until you almost have to leave, finish path collect gold. Best case scenario you make ~28g, worst case you make like 2g in that hour.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

So I returned to the game a couple months ago. I stopped after I became extremely frustrated trying to farm for legendary weapon mats (lodestones and T6 mats).

T6 Mats: ArenaNet has consistently removed all farming locations of T6 mats. The only way to efficiently gather these is by buying them from the Trading Post. Some of these mats are at around 60silver each. On average these T6 mats are around 40silver. So 40 × 250 * 8 (types for gift of might/magic) is 800 gold.

WvW: We are forced to do WvW for 100% Map Completion and 500 Badges of Honor. Not everyone is into PvP. Especially those on consistent losing servers.

Precursors: Are effectively the most ridiculous portion of any MMORPG game I have ever seen. When I left the game I was going for Meteorlogicus which requires the precursor of Storm. This was around 100g when I left the game for a break. When I returned it is now up to 600+ gold. The prices of all precursors is soaring out of control.

1) We used to be able to farm Orr for a while to get drops (but no… let’s slap the community with DR)
2) So I found some good farming spots for some T6 mats (nope! Let’s nerf that area because we want T6 mats to go up in price) …
3) Fine… I’ll do dungeon runs over and over for farming… (Don’t think so… let’s remove that aspect from the game as well… once a day only)

2) Play the trading post. Buy cheap and sale high. Which is extremely unappealing to me. I want to play a GAME not a market!

T6 Mats = 800 Gold

I cannot earn enough money per day to “buy” the stuff… and the price of everything keeps going up. Come on ArenaNet have mercy on the poor players in the community!!

Note that everything you complained about is working as intended.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

=o. I agree with Brother Grimm. If getting one legendary were easier, then they wouldn’t be legendary. I myself don’t intend to get one, as a matter of fact, yesterday I gave away “The Chosen” to someone. Maybe if I get lucky again, I’ll give it to you so that you can sell it and get whatever you want.

Getting a legendary has always been much much easier for those who are rich in the real world.

This is not so much a matter of being easy or not. It is simply a matter of how rich you are in real life.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

The only problem, as I see it, is the precursor. And it is a problem, and I’ll show you why.

Currently we need four things to make a legendary weapon: Gift of Mastery, Gift of Fortune, “Gift of Crafting”, and the precursor. The Gift of Master is earned by showing a competency in various aspects of the game. The Gift of Fortune is gained through…well, fortune. You’re either fortunate enough to get the drops you need to make it or you have a large enough fortune to buy them off the TP.

The precursor is essentially a second Gift of Fortune; it’s earned in exactly the same manner as the Gift of Fortune (luck or wealth). So we’re looking at one Gift of Mastery vs two Gifts of Fortune. If there were a scavenger hunt (or any other means of earning the precursor through competent play) then we’d have balance between mastery and fortune. But as is, there is no balance; there’s far more emphasis on grinding out gold than there is mastering the various aspects of the game. And that’s a problem.

Now then, you’re free to tell me why I’m wrong.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Legendary is nothing legendary except: Legendary lucky, Legendary no life, Legendary rich

To me only legendary lucky i will consider it EPIC. But thats how things work, and it is working as intended. There is actually no reason to acquire a legendary instead of an ascended weapon which is 98%+ cheaper. So it is not necessary to get one asap.

Legendary is a long term goal. If you want it quick, buy one from TP, no gold? buy gem, no cash? play no life, no time no cash? try luck, either MF or wait for a drop. No luck, no time and no cash, sorry, no legendary for you.

I admit i am not no-life, i don’t want to buy legendary with cash, the highest amount of gold is 202 gold in my account. Therefore i never wanted a legendary, not even start any legendary crafting until i am lucky enough to get drop. 7 months of game play, slowly gather laurel for T6, gather karma for shard etc. I felt epic for equipping my Sunrise finally.

DarkSpirit.7046

Legendary is nothing legendary except: Legendary lucky, Legendary no life, Legendary rich

I have to agree with this statement, which was why I created this thread to convince ArenaNet to make the current ascended weapons, natural precursors to their legendary counterparts:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Making-Ascended-Weapons-into-Precursors/first#post4203266

Since so many people already have the money to buy ascended weapons in the game (i.e. you see them almost everywhere), there is no reason to make it even worse for those who choose to craft their way into legendary through crafting a precursor (i.e. hopefully the precursors would be the ascended weapons).

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

Posted by: Arzo.8671

Arzo.8671

I love the idea of ascended weapons being the precursor. Of course, I also freely admit it’s a very self-serving desire because I already have multiple ascended weapons. That would take out, in my opinion, the single biggest road block for me to consider going for a legendary.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I have to agree with this statement, which was why I created this thread to convince ArenaNet to make the current ascended weapons, natural precursors to their legendary counterparts:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Making-Ascended-Weapons-into-Precursors/first#post4203266

Since so many people already have the money to buy ascended weapons in the game (i.e. you see them almost everywhere), there is no reason to make it even worse for those who choose to craft their way into legendary through crafting a precursor (i.e. hopefully the precursors would be the ascended weapons).

On one end, i am not against any form of precursor crafting, on the other end, as a legendary proud owner, i don’t enjoy seeing any more common of legendary weapon. If ascended weapon is made into precursor, it has to be precursor of an entire new legendary set. For me, i don’t buy or MF my precursor but there are thousands of players that wasted thousands of gold to acquire their precursor. How is it fair if one day precursor was made into such easy obtainable than it was? But if it is new legendary then the issue will not exist.

DarkSpirit.7046

For me, i don’t buy or MF my precursor but there are thousands of players that wasted thousands of gold to acquire their precursor. How is it fair if one day precursor was made into such easy obtainable than it was? But if it is new legendary then the issue will not exist.

And how is that fair to people who have to play the game + level up their crafting level to 500 just to craft an account-bound ascended weapon just to see it worth less than someone who paid for a precursor with his credit card?

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Legendaries are fine.

Ascended is the actual “Best in Slot” gear and right now Silk is astronomical. I can still “farm” T6 mats atleast 2x as reliably as I can farm Cloth Armors at any level. If you’re gonna pick a piece of l33t gear to gripe about, start with the one that’s actually bending the economy towards ridiculous and raising the prices for people who just want to craft lowby gear.

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Some Guy has Every Legendary , he either A, flipped trade post or B, its bill gates Son ..

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

T6 Mats = 800 Gold

So you cant afford a legendary, and you want Anet change the game so you can what you can’t afford? Things are going up in price because gold/gem ratio is rising, and people have more gold to buy things. If you want prices to go down, why dont you ask for more gold sinks?

DarkSpirit.7046

Some Guy has Every Legendary , he either A, flipped trade post or B, its bill gates Son ..

The truth is, you don’t even need to be the son of Bill Gates to afford a legendary. Eternity, the most expensive legendary, only costs 735 USD, which is easily affordable for most middle class Americans.

Posted by: mcgriddles.2416

mcgriddles.2416

They are skins..

This is really stupid.

I’m 20 years old, in college, and in crazy debt. I don’t have a credit card to swipe to get my gold. I also have a job and a social life. I have three legendaries, and I’m 70% done with my fourth after starting progress on it roughly 4ish weeks ago. I am by no means a casual player, but it is NOT that difficult to craft a legendary! It does not require a “legendary” amount of gold. With my first three legendaries I received help from friends and guildmates. I finished all three in three months. I bought the precursors and a few mats here and there to fill in remaining numbers. I’d buy ectos to make clovers. That was pretty much it! The process is the same for this next one.

Making money is stupidly easy in this game. Easier than it has ever been. And I don’t even play the trading post.

When precursors were 100g, 85% of people had less than 50g to their name (speculative, obviously no numbers exist).

Gold farming has become significantly easier than it used to be. You can run every dungeon path once per day. So OP claiming a big ole nerf:they nerfed being able to farm the same (aka easiest) path over and over and over and over. That is not a nerf to making gold, it’s a nerf to cheesing one path for easy gains. I don’t know how many runs you did per day back when you were farming (what I assume was CoF p1), but I’m sure it wasn’t more than the total number of dungeon paths there are total. Maybe go out and try different paths? AC all paths, CoF p1, p3, HoTW all paths, TA all paths. That’s 11 dungeon paths, all of which are considered to be relatively easy to run.

Or do world bosses every day and sell the rares, or salvage them and sell the ectos (at ~40s/ea, some yellows can potentially net you 1.2g).

What are you doing with your laurels? If you are working toward a legendary, then I assume you have all of the ascended trinkets you need, so use all laurels toward T6 mats from laurel vendor. Or if you need strictly money, sell the T6 mats you get from the laurels.

Point is: There are options to make money if you actually wanted to.

I’ve been playing this game since beta and making money is vastly easier now than it used to be.

^ This. All this.

Incursiön [iN]

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

Legendaries have gotten significantly more difficult. People who got them last year only had to do about 1/20th of the work that has to be done now. Prices are up ten fold but gold generation and overall drops in game have been cut in half in even the best of circumstances. Not saying if that’s a good or bad thing, but the legendaries are as hard as they are right now because they should feel legendary doesn’t hold much weight for me, considering the majority of legendaries floating around were quite easily made compared to what people venturing out to get them now are faced with.

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Legendaries have gotten significantly more difficult. People who got them last year only had to do about 1/20th of the work that has to be done now. Prices are up ten fold but gold generation and overall drops in game have been cut in half in even the best of circumstances. Not saying if that’s a good or bad thing, but the legendaries are as hard as they are right now because they should feel legendary doesn’t hold much weight for me, considering the majority of legendaries floating around were quite easily made compared to what people venturing out to get them now are faced with.

I made 150g from Crown Pavilion, without selling Tier 6 crafting materials and keeping all the silk.
If I was determined to have the precursor I want immediately, without selling Ascended materials (because that would literally get me the money instantly), I would wait for an update. Most updates, ArenaNet seems anxious to just stuff gold in your (or at least my) pockets. Every time I think ‘whoa, this is an incredible amount of gold to make, they can’t possibly keep doing this with future updates’, they do. I would wait for an update, and just keep doing the open world content. I fall asleep whenever I attempt to farm, though.

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

1/20th of the work, lol. You’re making all these accusations without any facts. You must not of been here a year ago if you think gold was easier to get.

(edited by Curse Drew.8679)

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

Always the same, they should only allow 1 Thread/week with the word legendary+precursor+price in it…

T6 Mats: ArenaNet has consistently removed all farming locations of T6 mats.

Not true, there are still a lot – you just have to know them, like before. Just farmed yesterday 26 armored scales in one hour while being busy on the telephone.

WvW: We are forced to do WvW for 100% Map Completion and 500 Badges of Honor.

WvW has nothing to do with PvP – even on lower servers it’s for most people just zerg. Even if you are on a losing server, it’s usually possible to discover your own third – since the “color” is random, you get a chance to do it over time.

The prices of all precursors is soaring out of control.

Can you name ONE MMO where there isn’t any inflation?

Nope, see the wiki.

Which is extremely unappealing to me. I want to play a GAME not a market!

Then PLAY the GAME – works fine without having a Legendary.

2G/day? That’s like one dungeon per day. Or 4 T6 drops. Or 25k Karma. So on. Hope you know where that’s going.

Come on ArenaNet have mercy on the poor players in the community!

A Legendary should be “the icing on the cake”, not something you can get just by showing presence or as some kind of welfare. Of course you have to put a lot of effort into it, if you really want it. If not, there are a lot of alternatives that equal them except the looks…

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

T6 Mats = 800 Gold

150g should roughly only be a week or two’s worth of gold if you’re playing 2-3 hours a day.

You’re doing something wrong.

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

You should have just checked out the game OP instead of starting on one. Getting a Legendary is a grueling process that does not get you anything beyond a single congrats, a weapon skin and alot of negativity ranging from irritation caused by obnoxious effects to extreme jealousy/envy.

And by the time you have one, you’ll either make a new one or never do it again all the while players are accusing you of buying it or simply not care that you have one.

Lodius.5392

The truth is, you don’t even need to be the son of Bill Gates to afford a legendary. Eternity, the most expensive legendary, only costs 735 USD, which is easily affordable for most middle class Americans.

$735? Wow… I guess I’m more lower class American than I thought then.

I am the only working income in my family… I am married with 2 kids. We are on a fixed income. I would be happy to pay a monthly fee of $15. However, I cannot drop more than that at a given time.

$735 is the equivalent of playing a $15 month game for 4 years.

Naïve people just irritate me.

Posted by: skorpia.2041

skorpia.2041

atm i crafted 14 legend, moste of them the expensive ones, and have no problem to do it, just play with head.

tips?
1: never farm t6
2: never farm maps
3: make your own friends team all berserker
4: learn how to run all the pahs as fast as u can
5: repeat every day this dung runs, any day with luck will drop a recipe
6: salvage and sell all
7: go teq and wurm events for karma
8: complete dailyes and montly to buy badges for t6 and free wvw tokens with achieves.
9: runes to mistic forge
10: t5 upgrade to t6
11: karma-> obsids->mystic forge 10 clover tryes to get t6
12: upgrades cores to lodestone.
………
gold rule——-> never farm , never, champions