Please fix the Permanent Contracts' flaws.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BloodyPanda.6789

BloodyPanda.6789

I have both contracts and it is very inconvenient and seem like a design flaw that i am unable to use both contracts at the same time. Since using the contract would spawn a NPC i would need to wait 5 minutes or move to another map in order to use my other contract… this seem like a flawed design for items that are that expensive.

My suggestion is just dont spawn the NPC since its useless because other players cant even use it. Make both contracts like the Permanent Bank Access Express where you just open the panel straight away. Please consider fixing this anet.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I presume you are referring to the Permanent BLTC Access and Permanent Merchants, since the Permanent Bank Access (as you mention) doesn’t spawn an NPC.

The reasons you mention only affect the 1%, so I’m not that sympathetic — not all that many people have both and of those that do, how many need both often?

That said, there are other good reasons to change the mechanics: the NPC causes two sorts of issues:

• it can be used to troll, since its [f] interact can interfere with other nodes
  • it can affect performance, since culling depends on how many assets need to be displayed to other players.

Turning these NPCs into just “open the panel” mechanics would resolve both those (and, as a bonus, solve the issue for the 1%ers).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’d be okay with this. It lets owners use their unlimited access anywhere, and it stops me from F-ing on an NPC that doesn’t actually work. :P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

BloodyPanda.6789

Or if you must spawn a NPC, then let everyone able to use it.

Posted by: robotosis.4872

robotosis.4872

my suggestion, if you have that much money in the first place, is to gamble ectos and get the tarrktun personal delivery portal. I have it in my shared inventory slot, and it doesnt spawn an npc, just opens a window to gamble and sell items

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tarrktun_Personal_Delivery_Portal

BloodyPanda.6789

my suggestion, if you have that much money in the first place, is to gamble ectos and get the tarrktun personal delivery portal. I have it in my shared inventory slot, and it doesnt spawn an npc, just opens a window to gamble and sell items

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tarrktun_Personal_Delivery_Portal

This has nothing to do with tarrktun personal delivery portal, they are different item with different function. Please try not to get them mixed up for no reason. And I don’t have that much money.