Please fix the character customization

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lane.7618

lane.7618

guild wars 2 character customization isn’t anything fancy, not by a long shot. Don’t get me wrong i love playing the game but its a little dull with the present limitations in character customization. Who wouldn’t like good character customization?

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I think the character customization options are pretty good, with all the armors and outfits and tonics there are so many things that can be done. What do you feel is missing? What limitations?

(edited by CMM.6712)

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

The character customisation is how it is. There isn’t anything to ‘fix’ as you put it. Perhaps add to it, but it’s by no means broken.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

We have good character customization. It isn’t the best, sure…

…but I don’t wanna spend 30 minutes fiddling with an upper nose bridge slider, either.

~EW

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Making something better isn’t the same as fixing it. You can almost always make something better, if you have the time and resources to spend on it.

Your suggestion might be more helpful if you say some of the specific improvements you’d like to see. They can be fairly broad or very detailed, but “character customization” is a huge area. It can range from customizing your character’s body, to your skill/trait selection, to things like dye and armor skins.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

I would like to see them add character template codes or at least numbers so I could replicate character faces on different professions which I tend to do.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I would like to see them add character template codes or at least numbers so I could replicate character faces on different professions which I tend to do.

An easy stop gap is to screen shot the positions of sliders in each menu and eyeball it.

It’s a lot easier to do now that you don’t need a stashed make over kit.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

We have good character customization. It isn’t the best, sure…

…but I don’t wanna spend 30 minutes fiddling with an upper nose bridge slider, either.

~EW

You wouldn’t have to but other people would. I certainly would.

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

I actually wish they would update it or give it some more depth. While it has more options than say WOW or SWTOR it pales in comparison to something like Dragon Age or BDO.

I for one am SICK of seeing those human female ele’s running around all with that dumb anime looking face. Would love to be able to create unique faces, use make up, more unique looking facial features and the ability to resemble different age groups. The Human race options in particular are extremely limited. The males all have that Ken Doll look about them. Why can’t I create a war weary guy in his 40’s who bears the scars of battle? My Ranger literally looks like a Calvin klein Model…. :|

A system like The Sims 4 would be amazing.

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Yea and more body type modification would be nice, I don’t like my characters having stick figures, that’s just not pretty in my opinion. And to the person who said less anime faces, I totally agree, yea some people like that look but a lot of others don’t, I’d rather have a realistic looking character than an anime looking one.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I dunno, it’s a lot of effort to invest just to stare at an armored character’s butt for 2000 hours.

Maybe we need butt sliders? :P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632