Please fix the scaling in your game!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

I don’t know why, but over the last week, the population in the Cursed Shore seems to have risen sharply, because of this, large groups of enemies are dead before I can get off one hit, and if I am lucky enough to land a few hits, my damage that I am doing does not trigger any drops, this is no exaggeration!
My server is Jade Quarry, and I have been here since day one, so I do not want to move. Didn’t you anticipate this kind of crowd when the game was designed?
Please fix this, there is nothing more frustrating than to work hard to get the events done, only to get NOTHING for a reward.
Also, since this has been happening, instead of getting GOLD for completing the events, I am only getting Bronze or silver. This is happening on my Ranger, Guardian and Engineer.
I thought that this might just be kiddies home from school, but it happens at all hours of the night and weekdays during school hours.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

The reason why there are a ton of people in Cursed Shore is because it’s the best play to make gold now.

The culling has always been like this. The only reason why it’s worse is because many people farm there now. Don’t expect a fix anytime soon until they get the WvW culling fixed.

If you farm long enough you’ll learn where waves spawn and you can prepare to spam your skills to get your loot. You have a guardian – that’s the best class for farming Orr.

Also, guesting – use it

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

I have not tried guesting yet, perhaps I will see if it helps.

Posted by: Cirroq.2531

Cirroq.2531

[quote=1371209;Vol.5241:]

Posted by: Cirroq.2531

Cirroq.2531

An easy fix would be to incentiveze people to farm other DE’s besides the usual suspects in Cursed Shore. Why there is no decent DE farm in Frostgorge is anyone’s guess.

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Mob HP should increase depending upon how many people are present. This would stop the mobs from instantly dying to a zerg.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Posted by: Anchorwind.9016

Anchorwind.9016

Mob HP should increase depending upon how many people are present. This would stop the mobs from instantly dying to a zerg.

So if I get a guild team together, my fights become the same speed or slower because my opponent magically becomes stronger? Buckets of HP is contrary to the answer.

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

The culling has always been like this. The only reason why it’s worse is because many people farm there now. Don’t expect a fix anytime soon until they get the WvW culling fixed.

No, it’s actually worse than before because of other changes they’ve made.

The January patch was supposed to improve culling a little (according to the devs), but it’s been even worse since that time. I can’t even spot ten people dropping out of stealth now, when I could easily keep track of nearly 50 people in WvW in the past.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

I was thinking maybe reducing max number of players a bit in certain farm zones so that overflow servers are used thus reducing culling issues with massive zerg farmers in PVE?

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Two things need to happen.

1. The events need scaled better. I find it hilarious that the kessex bridge event scales better than pretty much any cursed shore event. The kessex bridge event you will end up killing a dozen+ veterans while being bombarded by catapults and to top it off a champion(that continually respawns). Turn some of the mobs into veterans, spawn more mobs, and/or toss in some siege equipment like the trebs or risen hands.

2. The tagging system needs to go. One of the things ArenaNet said prior to the games launch is that they don’t want other players being a negative. Well currently other players are a huge negative because you have to compete against them for loot/xp/credit. It isn’t just a problem in cursed shore either because level 80’s farming low level events make it so low level people can’t get credit/loot due to how strong they are while downleveled. What’s worse is it forces you into a certain build/playstyle because conditions don’t have enough time to tick(The condition caps is a whole other can of worms), Support skills to help other people don’t count for anything and actually hurt your chances of getting loot. Why help a downed player? That would just be 1 more person you’re fighting against for tagging and the <10s it would take to help them could mean an entire wave of enemies is killed. There is a reason the majority of people out there farming have greatswords.

It’s going to be hard to figure out an exact formula but at the very least we can get something better than we currently have. If someone buffs/heals(for a certain amount) another player that did enough damage to get loot they should also have a chance at loot and at the very least xp. Chances at loot for damage should scale from a base % chance for a single hit to a higher chance for the higher the percent damage you do. That way everyone has a chance at loot but at the same time doing more damage is still worthwhile.Then we need to account for conditions. Perhaps the condition damage you would do had the mob lived longer is added to your damage total towards loot %? Maybe each non-damage condition counts as a certain flat % damage?

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

In beta, Dynamic Events scaled very well to more players. The fights were actually challenging even if they got zerged. I don’t know why they changed it. Well, maybe they got complaints that scaling for DEs made them way too difficult, but if so, the system just needed slight tuning, rather than the current system where mobs die in less than two seconds!

This is one thing about the game that I don’t like. The game was better when events scaled better and the fact that you could fight hard and still lose an event made the events more meaningful and exciting.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

increasing hp isn’t the answer, giving mobs new abilities to deal with crowds is. (spawning some veterans/champions with interesting abilities wouldn’t hurt)

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com