Please help save our server

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: iFruit.6190

iFruit.6190

Piken Square is a high-pop server yet it is impossible to do any of the recent major PvE events here, let alone the associated meta-achievements.

The design of events around specific targets requiring all people in the instance to intelligently approach their elimination is not working with our populace. As a result, our few able players guest to other servers to have a shot at it. As a further result, people just stop attending events. Somehow everyone is suddenly on Desolation, where they stand around for hours just not to get in overflow. As another result, Deso gets enormous overflow queues while Piken’s LA just stands abandoned aside from the couple of loners looking for Peter.

This is true for the last few big LW updates, even more true for Tequatl and Jungle Wurms. Despite all possible efforts I could not get certain LW achievements in the end.

What I ask: please do not bring more fights and achievements like that into PvE. The population is already suffering, and with new games coming up it can well become 6 min. to Pikenfall. Thanks.

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

AFAIK piken square is a pretty good WvW server so I doubt your server will suffer that much. What you’re describing is true for most english speaking EU servers, except desolation ofc. In ROF they’re actually guesting to german servers now because deso is too full. Everything to not try it yourself! Leeching is the way to go.

I agree completely with no more zergfests though, even if it is for a completely different reason.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I heard Peter also went to Deso.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If people are spending hours waiting to get into the main Deso map before trying the Assult Knights then they’re wasting a lot of time.

I’ve finished the fight multiple times and even gotten the 6 minutes achievement in overflows. In some ways it can be better because you’re less likely to encounter afk people, whereas once someone gets into the main map they’re likely to try and stay there even if they have no intention of doing the fight for a while.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I heard Peter also went to Deso.

He was trying to, but kept getting lost in the way and popping up in other servers…

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Yesterday I guested to Aurora Glade and got in pretty quick to main server and they did a very good job. While I was there they even had Vent server and commanders to do 6-min achievement… Though they did fail the achivement becouse of to many players went to (Help) the remaining knight making them harder. And players like me who didnt join on vent :P

But it was a realy good server IMO… I am on a high pop server and it is not dieing, we all just guest if we cant make it… make use of the mechanics the game provide you.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: iFruit.6190

iFruit.6190

What many of you are saying is that it’s normal to constantly guest for your PvE needs. That should not be the case by any measure. Servers should be designed in a way that allows for acceptable playing experience. It is far from it at present. That is my main point.

What I’m saying is servers need balance for all server-specific activities – i.e. PvE and WvW. There are Pikens that need PvE. There are Desos that want quality WvW (not just giant blobs dying from 10 ppl guilds from my server). It is time to increase server capacity and do merges, and do it with sense and thorough calculation. It is also time to pump up quality of life in all aspects – story, PvE, PvP, WvW.

(edited by iFruit.6190)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

This is true for the last few big LW updates, even more true for Tequatl and Jungle Wurms. Despite all possible efforts I could not get certain LW achievements in the end.

Thats simply a problem of how these specific events are designed. I simply ignore them and hope they never really do the same to Jormag and Shatterer than what they did with Tequatl.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

Ugh, half the population of Piken can’t dodge or stand on the circles to boost damage. It’s depressing.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

@ OP. There is nothing wrong about the fingts (I do agree there could be less Zergfests though), but there is something REALLY wrong with the guesting system IMO. I can hardly (4 times despite playing a lot) get to my own server (Desolation) during tese events. I feel I’m getting forced to make room for all the guesters.

Its like being forced out of u’r home by foreigners so that they can take turns to live there – leaving u out!

Kima & Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

@ OP. There is nothing wrong about the fingts (I do agree there could be less Zergfests though), but there is something REALLY wrong with the guesting system IMO. I can hardly (4 times despite playing a lot) get to my own server (Desolation) during tese events. I feel I’m getting forced to make room for all the guesters.

Its like being forced out of u’r home by foreigners so that they can take turns to live there – leaving u out!

Is it guesting or the missing scaling of these event ? Whenever people complained about these events that they can’t do them on there Servers there mostly came some people from TTS or also from Desolation and tell them how great and easy that all is because they do it on Desolation all day long.

So, who wonders if all come to Deso now when they always read that that seems to be the only place where they can do these events ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.