Please improve trade system

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cedric Ambidexter.9174

Cedric Ambidexter.9174

Hi,

I’ve been playing GW2 for about a year and a half now. One of the things that I can’t get used to and which has also caused me to stop playing for long periods of time is the buying and selling system. This is in combination with the reward system which is totally redundant to say the least.

I find it unacceptable that I am forced to spend a good part of my gameplay (roughly 5-10%) emptying my inventory and selling items on the market. What is the reason for this?

Is it because it’s a free-to-play game, once you purchase the original package? If this is the case, then I’d rather pay for a monthly subscription than be forced into repetitive and tedious tasks, so I can enjoy playing the way I enjoy playing.

Why isn’t there a multi-sell option in the inventory? For example in EVE-online you have the option to drag and drop a large number of items into a window with all sell options available before clicking the complete transaction button. If this feature was available in GW2 (which would compensate for the strange and persistent reward system) it would take away 90% of the hassle.

I don’t think it’s fair that I am forced to accept boxes of loot/rewards/gifts etc and in order to make money from them I have to click on each one (some of them contain boxes within boxes with further useless items), and go into the black lion trader and sell each item individually, before closing the trade window, and then clicking on another item. This is NOT fair….. I really wish this would be changed.

I’m sure countless topics have been made concerning this game aspect. Yet still nothing has been done? Do they just not care? Why am I even writing this…

GW2 gameplay is about 10% spamware: please state this on your next marketing advert.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Right click salvage kit → salvage all blues and greens → click deposit all → “sell all junk” at vendor → sell left over loot (rares and exotics) in TP

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

If you’re spending 5%-10% of your time selling on the TP, then I suggest get playing the game instead of farming.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

This is NOT fair….. I really wish this would be changed.

I think you mean “convenient” instead of “fair”.

Btw, you do know you can buy and sell things on the TP without going to the BL trader? Just press “O” wherever you are. The BL trader is only needed if you want to collect the money/goods from your trades.

Cedric Ambidexter.9174

This is NOT fair….. I really wish this would be changed.

I think you mean “convenient” instead of “fair”.

Btw, you do know you can buy and sell things on the TP without going to the BL trader? Just press “O” wherever you are. The BL trader is only needed if you want to collect the money/goods from your trades.

Hi, yes that’s what I’ve been doing. No I don’t mean “convenient”. I don’t think the current system is fair where you are forced to accept continuous rewards etc (at least two every 5 minutes) and then go through each one to no end.

Cedric Ambidexter.9174

Right click salvage kit -> salvage all blues and greens -> click deposit all -> “sell all junk” at vendor -> sell left over loot (rares and exotics) in TP

1. Collect reward (1 item)
2. Right click salvage kit
3. Salvage all blues and grees
4. Click deposit all
5. Sell all junk at vendor
6. Sell left over loot

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Right click salvage kit -> salvage all blues and greens -> click deposit all -> “sell all junk” at vendor -> sell left over loot (rares and exotics) in TP

4. Click deposit all
6. Sell left over loot

Correct

Takes under a minute to sort out full inventory like that.

Cedric Ambidexter.9174

4. Click deposit all
6. Sell left over loot

Correct

Takes under a minute to sort out full inventory like that.

So you’re saying you enjoy rush-clicking on routine through all the waste items? Doesn’t seem like you’ve even read my post properly.

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Are you using a basic kit so that greens don’t leave you annoying runes or sigils ? Just to make sure. I should try it actually.

On the main topic, I’d actually enjoy a right-click option that’d be “Sell on TP to best offer”. It’ll need some coding to check whether such a trade is possible but it’d be helpful.

Otherwise, the classical call for a “mark as junk” option in the right click menu, that’d allow masse sale through the “sell junk” button.

Cedric Ambidexter.9174

Are you using a basic kit so that greens don’t leave you annoying runes or sigils ? Just to make sure. I should try it actually.

On the main topic, I’d actually enjoy a right-click option that’d be “Sell on TP to best offer”. It’ll need some coding to check whether such a trade is possible but it’d be helpful.

Otherwise, the classical call for a “mark as junk” option in the right click menu, that’d allow masse sale through the “sell junk” button.

Isn’t everything in the inventory junk?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

One could always fill one’s inventory, especially if one equips only 1 bag, then one would not be forced to accept any loot. Just walk away, and it ‘disappears’.

Good luck.

Cedric Ambidexter.9174

One could always fill one’s inventory, especially if one equips only 1 bag, then one would not be forced to accept any loot. Just walk away, and it ‘disappears’.

Good luck.

But I want to make money.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There is no system in any game that allows you to make money without expending some effort on something. People have offered you several ways to reduce your effort in this game and you’ve rejected them all as “unfair.”

You propose a system like that used in EVE, which is a game in which trade is fundamental to gameplay, rather than ancillary. Of course its TP-equivalent has bells and whistles you can’t find in GW2.

If you want to get ANet to pay attention to your idea (and get forum readers to support it), I’d recommend skipping any arguments based on “principle” — people don’t seem to agree with your take on rewards, inventory management, or salvaging. Instead, go directly to your proposed changes:

• Drag & Drop to sell.
  • Select multiple items to sell (presumably to “buy offers”, aka “insta-sell”)

(If you had other ideas, I’ve lost sight of them in the rhetoric — another reason to focus your text on the improvements.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

I’m all for quality of life, but you’re acting a bit spoiled. It’s not fair? You used to have to walk up to each item on the ground. No salvage all button, but now those exist. So maybe they’ll add even more quality of life for us, but this is a non-issue. If you want to sell absolutely everything instead of salvaging it then that’s your choice to go through that many items.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Good luck.

If you wanted to make money, you shouldnt sell your loot to buy orders but list them. That way, you spend 5-10% of your time to earn 20-30% more gold from loot.
I dont see the point why Anet should implement a system that saves you a couple of % of game time in order to achieve something that can already be achieved by existing systems.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I exclusively use basic salvage kits and unfortunately they still give you minor and major sigils from greens and blues way too often. I really, really, really want a salvage kit that has 0% chance of returning an upgrade from an item when you salvage it. As a level 80 character, what the hell do I want minor/major runes and sigils for? And if for some reason I did want them, its by far easier and more convenient to buy them from the TP than to hunt for that 1 equip that has the one I’m looking for and hope to get it when salvaging.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

If 5-10% of your time on GW2 is spent selling to vendors, I suggest actually playing the game.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I dont see the point why Anet should implement a system that saves you a couple of % of game time in order to achieve something that can already be achieved by existing systems.

It’s too bad they don’t support addons, because every UI issue would have been fixed or improved years ago. In this case, the trading post is just a website, so you only need to redirect the initial page to use your own custom interface. It would be a much better experience if they simply allowed it; it’s already possible.

If 5-10% of your time on GW2 is spent selling to vendors, I suggest actually playing the game.

I was just playing an alt (regular leveling through maps for context), and on alts, I simply sell everything on the TP. Loot can vary greatly, so it’ll take maybe 1 to 3 hours to get a full inventory, at which point I stop for maybe 10 minutes to dump everything. That’s like 6-17% of my time.