Please increase base run speed!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: bannex.1923

bannex.1923

As the title states, I have recently started playing a Necro and the 25% signet run speed increase has ruined my ability to go back to the pallid canter of my engi. The speed increase feels perfect IMO, thoughts?

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

engi’s are just as fast through traits.
Side note mesmers are slowest class which is why people buy runes with 25% speed increase.

I personally don’t like being in combat that slows the speed.

(edited by Trinnitty.8256)

bannex.1923

but then i have to trait into that. I’m just saying base run speed increase would be nice in general instead of having to burn it on signets and traits.

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

No, there are options to get that speed, deal with it.

bannex.1923

I would like to see it faster, deal with it…

Posted by: thelukaa.9802

thelukaa.9802

1. Then don’t get into combat, the AI in this game is so bad you can often just avoid getting hit in the first place
2. If you get into combat and are using zerker meta build you should be able to kill the mob very fast or just run away to ooc

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

There is no need to make things go faster then they are already. use buffs, skills and the likes to go faster. the world is not that large.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s very, very easy to trait Speedy Kits (and very easy to quickly change back to a different trait) and maintain perma-swiftness. Plus, there’s generally no need for a base run speed increase; it’s already way, way easy to avoid combat and maintain +25% or +33%, for MOST classes anyway.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Sadly, speed is seen as a “build choice,” one that led me to a rather satisfying support warrior.
Still, I wouldn’t mind seeing a universal Elite skill that aids with travel speed. Probably limit it to PvE. That would open up utility and trait selection choices.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m with Rose, I just temporarily trait speedy kits and then swap back and forth between grenade and bomb kits….. constant speed boost. No issues there.

As for the run speed signet ruining your ability to play with out a speed boost……we have a phrase for that….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

imo it’s a no brainer. Drop in six runes that give perma run speed, then free up the utility slot/s used for burst speed so you can slot something else more useful. I’ve done that on both my engi and my thief, I find it efficient.

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

1. Then don’t get into combat, the AI in this game is so bad you can often just avoid getting hit in the first place
2. If you get into combat and are using zerker meta build you should be able to kill the mob very fast or just run away to ooc

PvE is not an issue at all, why on earth would it be.

Its more of a WvW thing where one thief or warrior or ranger will hit you with one shot and all there buddies who are not in combat will catch you and jump on you like an animal in heat during mating season

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

No matter what the base speed is, so long as there are ways to buff it up via temporary means or trait choices someone will call for an increase in the base amount because it will feel slow compared to the increased version.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Superior Rune of the Traveler is your friend if you don’t want to use a trait that gives you speed on your engie.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

but then i have to trait into that. I’m just saying base run speed increase would be nice in general instead of having to burn it on signets and traits.

how about i get 18 base stacks of might because i dont want to trade into that?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

PvE is not an issue at all, why on earth would it be.

Its more of a WvW thing where one thief or warrior or ranger will hit you with one shot and all there buddies who are not in combat will catch you and jump on you like an animal in heat during mating season

So, working as intended?

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Complaining about speed… on an engie?

What?
It takes a mere 2 trait points to give engineers perma-swiftness.
4 points into the weakest traitline for power shoes is a bit much, but it is still an option as well.

Also, you can slot in slick shoes or rocket boots as mobility skills to speed you up. (Slick shoes is for the toolbelt skill, which grants super-speed)

I get your point, and even somewhat agree with you, but engie is an odd class choice for that complaint specifically. Especially given that necro is known to be one of the slower classes with poor mobility and escape options.

Some classes having better access to speed makes sense from a balancing point of view and especially for spvp, but it feels more like punishing someone for playing certain classes in open world gameplay. They may as well just slap in a signet-like skill available to all classes like the Antitoxin that gives 25% move speed and Reduces fall damage (but with none of the other bonuses of the class-exclusive versions) so anyone can slap it on while doing map exploring without having to redo their whole build just for a bit of mobility.

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

It’s very, very easy to trait Speedy Kits (and very easy to quickly change back to a different trait) and maintain perma-swiftness. Plus, there’s generally no need for a base run speed increase; it’s already way, way easy to avoid combat and maintain +25% or +33%, for MOST classes anyway.

Guardians need a buff for speed badly, being a turtle while eveyone else is running like the wind is horrible.

bannex.1923

What?
4 points into the weakest traitline for power shoes is a bit much, but it is still an option as well.

Also, you can slot in slick shoes or rocket boots as mobility skills to speed you up. (Slick shoes is for the toolbelt skill, which grants super-speed)

I get your point, and even somewhat agree with you, but engie is an odd class choice for that complaint specifically. Especially given that necro is known to be one of the slower classes with poor mobility and escape options.

Some classes having better access to speed makes sense from a balancing point of view and especially for spvp, but it feels more like punishing someone for playing certain classes in open world gameplay. They may as well just slap in a signet-like skill available to all classes like the Antitoxin that gives 25% move speed and Reduces fall damage (but with none of the other bonuses of the class-exclusive versions) so anyone can slap it on while doing map exploring without having to redo their whole build just for a bit of mobility.

yes it was a poor choice. I regretted it quickly after posting. However, I am not complaining about class balance or traits or the state of swiftness available to other classes. I’m just merely stating that I like the feel of my necro when I have the signet. I don’t see how upping the base run speed by 25% is gamebreaking, I just think the current speed feels too slow.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

What?

yes it was a poor choice. I regretted it quickly after posting. However, I am not complaining about class balance or traits or the state of swiftness available to other classes. I’m just merely stating that I like the feel of my necro when I have the signet. I don’t see how upping the base run speed by 25% is gamebreaking, I just think the current speed feels too slow.

Uping the base run speed (aside from balance issues for WvW and PvP) would effectively devalue swiftness since the boon provides 33% move speed that would be only a minor upgrade vs 25%.

Now you might argue:“But most people already can get base 25% move speed or even perma swiftness.”

To which the answer would be:“In every case sacrfices are made. Best case some minor trait in a decent line. Worst case you have to give up on 6 runes bonus due to running traveler runes.”

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Needing to trait, rune, weapon choice or skill choice to gain a speed boost is all about opportunity cost. What did you have to give up to get that boost. The runes? Could have had Rune of Scholar, etc. Speed Signet? Could have had a stun break or condi cleanse. Weapon? Could have a different weapon with other skills you prefer. Traits… well, on Engie, taking Speedy Kits means you cannot have grenadier, juggernaut and deadly mixture, for instance.

Opportunity costs are built into the game for a reason. I’m afraid you’ll have to pay the cost or live with being slower.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The base speed is plenty fast. You can cross the entire length of Tyria reasonably quickly, even without waypoints; most people will slowed down more by loading screens.

The reason it’s an issue is that people get used to easy passive buffs (signet of the locust) and easily-maintained active buffs (e.g. you can get 3 minutes of swiftness on a necro with +buff duration, warhorn-5, and Spectral Walk). When you swap to a toon that doesn’t have any of that, it feels a lot slower. But it isn’t “slow.”

Each profession is designed to have different mobility options. Thieves are supposed to be super mobile, so they have a few swiftness skills and traits, some teleports. Guardians are supposed to hold position more, so their skills involve less mobility, although they have staff-3, a couple of shouts, and some nice leaps.

The alternative is to slightly increase base speed and remove all mobility buffs from the game.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Guardians need a buff for speed badly, being a turtle while eveyone else is running like the wind is horrible.

I use the trait that decreases shout cds, runes of the centaur (dirt cheap) and slot “Retreat”. You can have swiftness on cooldown.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

The alternative is to slightly increase base speed and remove all mobility buffs from the game.

A bit drastic of an assessment. In looking at it, the speed tiers are pretty lopsided:

100% / 125% / 133%

There might be a few scatterd 10% or 15% (ele air attunement, or some dagger-traits), but those are not widely available.

If base speed were brought up 5-10%, there would still be value in the +25% and Swiftness without feeling like base speed is so dramatic a punishment. (Then again, give an inch, take a mile, etc etc. Speed will never be fast enough for some people.)

And am I missing something about Swiftness that makes it worth balancing around? It’s useless in instance content, a must-have convenience for PvE, and entire armies sling it around in WvW. Are there PvP maps that hinge on Swiftness somehow?
Honest question, because I’m just not seeing the justification for enforcing such a dramatic difference between classes in PvE.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

If they increase the base, then people will want that increased, it would be a never ending cycle. After just finishing leveling my mesmer, I found that doing Sigil of Speed and Centaur runes made life so much easier. While you lose stats compared to others, its leveling, so it doesn’t hurt much at all, plus the runes are relatively cheap.

Cyninja.2954

A bit drastic of an assessment. In looking at it, the speed tiers are pretty lopsided:

100% / 125% / 133%

There might be a few scatterd 10% or 15% (ele air attunement, or some dagger-traits), but those are not widely available.

If base speed were brought up 5-10%, there would still be value in the +25% and Swiftness without feeling like base speed is so dramatic a punishment. (Then again, give an inch, take a mile, etc etc. Speed will never be fast enough for some people.)

And am I missing something about Swiftness that makes it worth balancing around? It’s useless in instance content, a must-have convenience for PvE, and entire armies sling it around in WvW. Are there PvP maps that hinge on Swiftness somehow?
Honest question, because I’m just not seeing the justification for enforcing such a dramatic difference between classes in PvE.

Swiftness is probably one of the weakest boons, true. But it does work as cover boon for boon denial for example.

Also your assessment of switfness for pvp and wvw is slightly off. Yes, switfness vs no swiftness would have a big effect on spvp and small scale wvw. As mentioned in this thread, it’s all about opportunity costs.

Some more minor things like pet speeds, mesmer clones closing on targets, enemy npc speeds, jump distance etc would be off. All this would require rebalancing.

Posted by: zalirelbonecrusher.2357

zalirelbonecrusher.2357

LOL

Is there any discussion in on this site that is not full of illogical strawman arguments?

In most other (modern) MMOs we have mounts as a method of speed increase. In SWTOR, base run speed was increased, even though there were mounts in the game due to feedback from players, they also added multiple forms of purchasable speed increases.

To me, GW2 is in a similar state. The default run speed feels too slow. I would venture to say the majority of the population feels the same, since they either slot increases, run boosters or food buffs, or come on the forums to ask for mounts.

Feels too slow is subjective. I can only base this on the hundreds of games I have played over the years. One could argue it is a result of map sizes, character sizes, or it could just be the base physics of the game. It could the interactions of all of these things in the game world.

To me, in-combat speed feels like a slightly slower walk than is typical in games, which makes normal speed feel like a slow power walk, and +25% feels close to normal Run.

I don’t care what form a speed increase comes in, whether it is a PvE only mount, a base speed increase, or a cheap craftable PvE only item/food. They can leave PvP out, we know these things are easily split.

I don’t see how it will hurt anyone.

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

About 99% of the engi players use “speedy kits” which gives 100% SWIFTNESS uptime, not 25% but 33% movement speed, which classes that have swiftness often have to trait into to get it perma(Warrior warhorn, and necro warhorn are examples though necro is usually counter-productive)

This particular change would make swiftness a rarely used +8% movement speed buff, so I doubt it will happen unless they overhaul movement speed in general

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

LOL

Is there any discussion in on this site that is not full of illogical strawman arguments?

In most other (modern) MMOs we have mounts as a method of speed increase. In SWTOR, base run speed was increased, even though there were mounts in the game due to feedback from players, they also added multiple forms of purchasable speed increases.

To me, GW2 is in a similar state. The default run speed feels too slow. I would venture to say the majority of the population feels the same, since they either slot increases, run boosters or food buffs, or come on the forums to ask for mounts.

Feels too slow is subjective. I can only base this on the hundreds of games I have played over the years. One could argue it is a result of map sizes, character sizes, or it could just be the base physics of the game. It could the interactions of all of these things in the game world.

To me, in-combat speed feels like a slightly slower walk than is typical in games, which makes normal speed feel like a slow power walk, and +25% feels close to normal Run.

I don’t care what form a speed increase comes in, whether it is a PvE only mount, a base speed increase, or a cheap craftable PvE only item/food. They can leave PvP out, we know these things are easily split.

In regards to PVE, keeping speed low is a way to incentivise, Waypoint usage which works as a gold sink(while minor it adds up), they also probably have the mindset that it helps promote group events, instead of people flying by at 200% speed.

If switched in WvW you will just end up with the reverse, professions without a good cripple will be the same as those with poor run speed.

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

Using a traveler rune i would go from 12% dmg boost to 5%
I will stick with the 25% passive speed boost skill on my ranger even if it means i basically lose a skill slot + traveler runes are to expensive any way

So i am all for faster running speed they should make it passive for every one maybe something like 3% per 10 levels kinda like how we get + gold fined so so with achievements

Class don;t got a passive speed buff it’s not worth playing imo

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Lol you guys realise if everyone gets the speed boost as baseline its back to square one? Its a form of power creep because then you’d have those signets and runes making you even faster..

What youre complaining about is the maps being too big but I think you’ll find many disagree with that when you put it like that.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

RoseofGilead.8907

It could be worse. You could be a mesmer. Poor, slow mesmers.

Posted by: FrenzyCat.9614

FrenzyCat.9614

On my Guardian, I can use Staff 3 and GS Leap in conjunction with “Retreat!” and, if I really wanted to, I could blow “Save Yourselves!” for the additional duration increase. I can move pretty quickly between Teq and the bounce pads using this set-up.

Mesmers on the other hand… You have Blink. It’ll be okay. <3

(But seriously, running around as a mesmer is terrible.)

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Engi has 24/7 Swiftness with a single trait. They have speed easier than any other class. They also have 25% passive movement speed from a trait as well.

Mesmer zerk or PVT build with Rune of Centaur which is +Power main. Using Mirror, you can get 12.5/15 sec of Swiftness to you and allies. You can then combine it with Sigil of Speed if you want to always have movement speed , since for mesmer sigils do not matter too much as they rely on phantasms and clones instead.

You also have 30% movement speed in combat when illusions are up with a trait.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Using a traveler rune i would go from 12% dmg boost to 5%

You’re not doing any damage if you are running slow, to the point where you fall behind others and get there late… if at all. Traveler and speed runes have additional stats, imo the boon duration is an added bonus.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

but then once everyone gets used to this new base speed, we’ll see the same complaints come back again.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Most of the responses in this thread are completely idiotic. There is nothing challenging in making you required to run certain traits or signets to run as fast as everyone else out of combat. All it adds is extra mouse clicks before and after every fight to swap in a utility (unless youre a mesmer), which is lame.

And please stop with the “omg u nubz just run traveler or speed runes its so ez” posts, people already know about those (I know, you arent the only one to read the wiki about speed buffs, what a shock!). Pointing out the ways you can get swiftness is not an argument against this change.

Being forced into running them or wasting a signet on a speed buff adds nothing to the game. Nothing. Make everyone move at the same rate ooc regardless of speed buffs, because if youre out of combat why the kitten should it matter. Seriously, this is way past due.

And if anyone cares to know (because I know people on the internet do that), I play an ele with traveler runes 90% of the time (mostly for the stats and boon duration), so this wouldnt affect me most of the time. But it would still be nice to be able to play my mesmer alt and be able to choose a build instead of being forced to run focus + centaur runes + mirror 24/7.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

(edited by Sizer.5632)

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I don’t see how you are forced to do anything.

You are doing it because you want the extra speed (which most classes give up a utility slot for if they take it, by the way – quite a sacrifice in pvp/wvw), not because you absolutely need it. mesmers do not need a 25% speed boost to stay competitive with other classes (also mesmer is getting a 25% speed boost in the chronomancer spec as a minor)

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Cyninja.2954

LOL

You fail at logic, it’s almost sad.

Mounts

Yes, let’s compare out of combat movement speed availability of games with completely different travel systems to GW2. How many of your hundreds of games use a waypoint system similar to GW2.

Also there already are purchasable speed increases https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Speed_Booster in this game. Not sure what your argument is. Please don’t compare SWTOR to GW2, we don’t want GW2 to end the same way (f2p).

Every one wants speed increases

Your reasoning here is awkward.

“People use speed increases” -> They must be unhappy with base run speed.

What about people who want to be efficient, want to travel known content faster, need speed for jumping puzzles, and the most basic one: they slot run speed increases because they can. You scientific analysis of cause and effect is very flawed.

Subjective

Yes, it is. I can base my feeling off of played hundreds of games myself that it feels fine to me. Your point?

Won’t hurt anyone

Reasons were given. Just because you refuse to accep or comprahend them does not make them invalid.

Most of the responses in this thread are completely idiotic. There is nothing challenging in making you required to run certain traits or signets to run as fast as everyone else out of combat. All it adds is extra mouse clicks before and after every fight to swap in a utility (unless youre a mesmer), which is lame.

And please stop with the “omg u nubz just run traveler or speed runes its so ez” posts, people already know about those (I know, you arent the only one to read the wiki about speed buffs, what a shock!). Pointing out the ways you can get swiftness is not an argument against this change.

Being forced into running them or wasting a signet on a speed buff adds nothing to the game. Nothing. Make everyone move at the same rate ooc regardless of speed buffs, because if youre out of combat why the kitten should it matter. Seriously, this is way past due.

And if anyone cares to know (because I know people on the internet do that), I play an ele with traveler runes 90% of the time (mostly for the stats and boon duration), so this wouldnt affect me most of the time. But it would still be nice to be able to play my mesmer alt and be able to choose a build instead of being forced to run focus + centaur runes + mirror 24/7.

Challenge
Opportunity cost has nothing to do with challenging. You fail to understand yourself what the argument is about yet call other responses “idiotic”. Way to go.

Getting swiftness

As a matter of fact, it does provide a counter argument. If gaining swiftness or speed buffs were to difficult or extremely hard to come by the argument for adding alternative methods might be valid. Pointing out that there are sufficient ways counters that.

wasted signet etc

Making you “waste a signet slot” or rune slots etc adds opportunity cost to the game and creates even more diversity as far as builds go. You not understanding that again does not change this. Read up on how opportunity costs get used in games.

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

If you could fly for a day, you would beg the god next day flying to be base feature of humans.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

“my giant flying lizard mount flies too slow, increase flight speed”

There’d be a whole bunch of people who couldn’t play if you increased the base speed and there would be calls for a signet of personal slowness.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I love when my little Asura catches up to and passes others that are running to the same destination.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: zalirelbonecrusher.2357

zalirelbonecrusher.2357

You fail at logic, it’s almost sad.

Mounts

Yes, let’s compare out of combat movement speed availability of games with completely different travel systems to GW2. How many of your hundreds of games use a waypoint system similar to GW2.

Also there already are purchasable speed increases https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Speed_Booster in this game. Not sure what your argument is. Please don’t compare SWTOR to GW2, we don’t want GW2 to end the same way (f2p).

Every one wants speed increases

Your reasoning here is awkward.

“People use speed increases” -> They must be unhappy with base run speed.

What about people who want to be efficient, want to travel known content faster, need speed for jumping puzzles, and the most basic one: they slot run speed increases because they can. You scientific analysis of cause and effect is very flawed.

Subjective

Yes, it is. I can base my feeling off of played hundreds of games myself that it feels fine to me. Your point?

Won’t hurt anyone

Reasons were given. Just because you refuse to accep or comprahend them does not make them invalid.

Please troll more.

The extremes people like you go through to defend game elements a very large portion of the game population has issues with is amazing.

This game is almost worse than F2P because they charge you a minimum 10 bucks to get started, yet everything is locked behind similar gates. You do realize most suggestions listed are locked by the NPE in some manner. Waypoints cost money new players do not have, plus they haven’t unlocked them. Other things require Gem purchases. These are not solutions.

Sometimes people need to step back from their 5000+ hours played, the built up hordes of inventory and Gold and look at these issues from the prospective of a person just purchasing this game. It is not pretty.

“What about people who want to be efficient” > Obviously they feel the base speed is slow/ineffecient i.e. they are unhappy with it.

“want to travel known content faster” > Obviously they feel the base speed is slow i.e. they are unhappy with it, unless they want to spend money, shouldn’t these people be using waypoints, as you demand?

“need speed for jumping puzzles” > Obviously they feel the base speed is slow i.e. they are unhappy with it, because jumping puzzles are designed for normal speed, right? That’s what the game was designed around, right?

“they slot run speed increases because they can” > Unsure of what point you are making here, but if someone feels speed is better than other stats, then obviously they are unhappy with the base speed.

Please show me where my logic fails and yours begins.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

No matter what the base speed is, so long as there are ways to buff it up via temporary means or trait choices someone will call for an increase in the base amount because it will feel slow compared to the increased version.

I agree with this. The best idea would be to remove all speed bufs out of combat.

That said, it is one of those intentional build choices. Do you have a trait/skill/rune to boost damage or do you have that extra speed?

While I too would like the base speed increased, I can see the reasoning behind it and do not think it will change. You’re sacrificing damage for mobility, which makes sense balance wise.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

I would like to point out things like WvW as well you can end up having half your zerg split in half do to run speeds new ppl pretty much have to wast a slot for it or hope some one gives them a speed buff -wasting there slot – for the ones who don’t got the skill or don’t want to wast a slot for it

But Anet wants them to spend $ on the gem store for there 15% speed boost
so QOL changes in this game are basically none existent all gated be hind cash shop like a Asian mmorpg

Posted by: jmt.8517

jmt.8517

One word. MOUNTS!! for all that kitten and moan “no mounts no mounts” sorry to say there coming its a cash shop item just a matter of time. Just don’t use them. I can’t wait.

RoseofGilead.8907

One word. MOUNTS!! for all that kitten and moan “no mounts no mounts” sorry to say there coming its a cash shop item just a matter of time. Just don’t use them. I can’t wait.

Keep on dreaming.

Cyninja.2954

And we are back at mounts. Some moderator merge with other threads please so we can get back to other disscussion.

Cyninja.2954

Sometimes people need to step back from their 5000+ hours played, the built up hordes of inventory and Gold and look at these issues from the prospective of a person just purchasing this game. It is not pretty.

All I see is “I’m new here. This is not like in WoW. Change it because I’m special and deserve more attention than people who actually enjoy the game for what it is.”

The sense of entitlement in some people who picked the game up in the last sales is amazing.

This game is almost worse than F2P because they charge you a minimum 10 bucks to get started, yet everything is locked behind similar gates. You do realize most suggestions listed are locked by the NPE in some manner. Waypoints cost money new players do not have, plus they haven’t unlocked them. Other things require Gem purchases. These are not solutions.

You must not have played many f2p games or understood how they make money via cash shops in all your hundreds of hours of gameplay to come to this conclusion.

Waypoint costs have always been tied to chracter level. They at no point in time EVER have been a problem. Not for new players, not for old players who spend all their gold. To even suggest this…

You were asking for purchasable movement speed buffs:

LOL

I simply pointed out that those were already available. Oh wait, you wanted free movement speed buffs? Yeah, see opportunity costs and what those are.

Posted by: SpyderBite.6274

SpyderBite.6274

I don’t see how upping the base run speed by 25% is gamebreaking, I just think the current speed feels too slow.

I suspect you don’t PvP very much, if at all.

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.