Please let us mute minis.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

I know that historically people have complained a lot about the sounds the SAB minis make, but since I never had any interest in using one myself it wasn’t really a problem for me, although I certainly agree that a “mute miniatures” checkbox was long overdue even before now.

Now though, we have the Mystical Dragon, which is a gorgeous mini and finally one of a decent size. However, it is constantly making a very low-frequency growling noise like a creaking ship, and I just can’t deal with it anymore. As much as I love the mini, I had to switch back to something silent. Of course, since it was a free mini they are now everywhere , so getting away from the noise completely is very difficult.

Please, please give us the option to mute the sounds miniatures make.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Yes please. I was once again reminded about this annoyance after having to stay near one of the SAB minis for an hour.

Mute option for minis only would be awesome.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

It’s been requested before but I’m adding this to my list of things I really wanna see HAPPEN and not just “we’re looking into it”.

All it needs is a little toggle-able check box whether we want mini sounds off or on… That’s it. Please before I go insane having to listen to all those Super minis or this new dragon which everyone and their mum’s brown dog has.

Posted by: Prisoner.2419

Prisoner.2419

+1

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Mute them, hide them, all better. They are one of the reasons I have sound turned off in the game right now. Would like to see the custom mail carriers get a hide option as well, There is far to much Spam in the game these days.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I have to agree, if they aren’t willing to consider adjusting sizes to be more appropriate I want them gone. All of them, I don’t ever want to see another mini again.

And we know they already have the ability to do it! The game automatically hides them all already when player population gets too high.
All we need is a manual toggle for that.

Edit, you mean just the sound. I want them visually mutable, so I don’t have to see them anymore.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

nah no check box ….in my opinion , mini sounds should be added to the existing player instrument slider. Add the back-pack annoy-O-Tron while your at it.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Yes please. I was once again reminded about this annoyance after having to stay near one of the SAB minis for an hour.

Mute option for minis only would be awesome.

wok wok wokka…wok
wok wok wok wokka…wok

:)

Posted by: Valin.4527

Valin.4527

On board with this as well – please allow us to mute at the very least or as someone suggested tie it to the instrument sound.

-A man of many Valins [KONG]

Posted by: vanensang.1389

vanensang.1389

inb4 we just get a “mute minipets” option I suggest a whole “show minipets” checkbox!

Kodash [DE]
Avallora Erasleigh // e
Tara Airgetlám // m

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

nah no check box ….in my opinion , mini sounds should be added to the existing player instrument slider. Add the back-pack annoy-O-Tron while your at it.

This^

A slider would be nice.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

No complaints here.

Posted by: Greymelken.1892

Greymelken.1892

the various golem ‘tron’ sounds from the backpack to the copper fed salvage tron are the sole reason I have voices muted in gw2. (well, that and the Caithe’s wylde hunt spam by the Cursed Shore TP that seems to loop with only 15 seconds of downtime. ) – seems a shame to have all that time and effort go to waste, but ill be kitten ed if I have to listen to the incessant modulated voice, to say nothing about the ridiculous dialogue itself.

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Please, please give us the option to mute the sounds miniatures make.

I can’t upvote this idea enough. I’m getting tired of explaining to my 7 year old why my computer starts hocking loogies every time someone comes around with a toxic hybrid.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Overgrown Grub.5921

Overgrown Grub.5921

I just play with all game sounds off, sure some of them are ok, but some aren’t so I just mute everything.

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

The mini Toxic Hybrid is my favorite to have out and about with me, but if I’m standing still for a while it can get pretty annoying. This particular mini used to be silent, then they changed it so he makes this very loud “HUP”/“HUARGH” growl thing every time he rears up and then falls back down. Everyone around you can hear it, which means you can kinda troll large groups of people like at the bank. It would be really nice to be able to turn it off.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

> uses Mini Karka Hatchlings

> Standing intensifies

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Yes, please. I would love a way to mute minis and the annoy-o-tron.

Posted by: direx.8207

direx.8207

This so much. It’s so annoying having to listen to everyones stupid mini make noise when you’re in a large group. I get why they’re not wanting to create a hide minis button since that’s part of the fun of having a mini is to show it off, but kitten do they having to be so dang annoying and loud?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

yet another thing they could have done from release but never did, it already exists in GW1…….

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

wok wok wokka…wok
wok wok wok wokka…wok

NUUUU!! DON’T REMIND ME OF THAT HORRID NOISE!

…spot on impression tho. :p

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

I wish we could mute annoying NPC’s. If I have to hear that child that says that ’ I saw a hunter with a doggy and it said woof’ or some such kitten one more time! Grrr!!!

Anx

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

The option to hide minis would be greatly appreciated. Especially that obnoxiously large dragon everyone seems to have now.

Muusic.2967

wok wok wokka…wok
wok wok wok wokka…wok

TWITCH ((o.o))

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I have sounds off anyway but why don’t you turn down environmental sounds if you don’t like mini sounds?

Muusic.2967

I have sounds off anyway but why don’t you turn down environmental sounds if you don’t like mini sounds?

I enjoy the conversations with the NPC’s as well as many of the combat and game sounds because they add to my experience. Playing with the sound turned off removes a large portion of the game.

Minis are not part of MY game experience. They are something that another player has chosen to put into the game and i am happy they enjoy listening to a mutant hybrid coughing up phlegm but it’s something I would like the option to block somehow.

~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

A definite +1 to the option to both mute and hide minis. Also, a “show only party member’s minis” should be an option as well.

[] Mute all
[] Hide all except for mine
[] Hide all except for mine and party member’s
[] Hide all

(edited by stale.9785)

Posted by: Facil.5360

Facil.5360

Hide AND mute minis please. They’ve only been a minor annoyance until these dragons, but now I have them swirling around and three or four almost filling my screen in large group areas. I even turned down the Character Model Limit in hopes it would hide the annoying things, but they seem to pop up before other players.

I guess they’re great for the vanity look-at-me hogs, but with every other player sporting one…there’s not much that makes any one player stand out.

(edited by Facil.5360)