Please look at increasing Copper nodes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BnooMaGoo.5690

BnooMaGoo.5690

Greetings

I loaded up one of the many generous boosts I have received in Black Lion Chests &
went-a-wandering looking for the elusive copper veins

I tried several of the 1-15 zones & found TONS of iron & silver but ZIPPO copper
Also had a look on YouTube for advice/locations & turned up copper-less as well

I understand they “reappear” every 23ish hours but I also thought I read something about nodes/veins being player specific

Perhaps copper “spawn” needs to be looked at?

Many thanks

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

I tried several of the 1-15 zones & found TONS of iron & silver but ZIPPO copper

1-15 zones ONLY have copper nodes. They don’t have any silver or iron at all. 15-25 zones mostly have those (and sometimes copper in lower-level areas of the map).

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Basic nodes appear a lot faster than 24hrs, and if you’re seeing Iron and Silver you’re in the wrong zone.

Rich Veins on the other hand are a daily thing, and last rumor I heard a number of the rich copper ones got removed, and I haven’t seen any myself in ages.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

Part of the issue might stem from the fact that they (annoyingly) removed all the nodes around the first few hearts of the newbie areas when they did the New Player Experience (at least it was this way, I don’t know if they reverted it back). I noticed this big time when I went to do my gathering daily one time, ran out from The Grove and couldn’t find a darn node until I got towards the middle of the map in Caledon.

So, if you are looking to farm copper then start in the areas of the maps with the higher level mobs (7ish+).

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

But why? Copper is already basically worthless.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

op seriously what are you smoking and can i have some?
There are tonnes of copper nodes all over the 1-15 zones and even in parts of the 15-25 zones and in the areas close to wps in wvw.

For instance theres a certain ettin cave in queensdale near where the rotten oak tree event takes place and there is usually a rich node plus a couple normal nodes in the cave, then another 1-2 nodes on top of the cave.

If you cant find copper its because you are looking for it in the wrong place

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

BnooMaGoo.5690

Thanks for all the support
& thank the 6 for Caledon Forest

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

There’s tons of copper. I can never find enough Gold nodes personally ;_;

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

I’d be happy to show you where I hunt for copper in Queensdale (look me up if you wish). There are at least 2 rich copper nodes there with many other normal nodes. There should be a path worn on the ground from my many trips through the map.

Greetings

I loaded up one of the many generous boosts I have received in Black Lion Chests &

I understand they “reappear” every 23ish hours but I also thought I read something about nodes/veins being player specific

Many thanks

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

I seem to find lots of gold nodes in WvW in the borderlands. I know you may not want to go in there but I don’t have that many problems in there. I am usually by myself and die if one of the other 2 W’s find me .. oh well, part of the fun.

BnooMaGoo.5690

I did the cave run as well as all along the mines in Queensdale
Nada
Like previously posted I also did check out the runs posted on YouTube
Got lucky in Caledon
Could just be my account cuz there are lots of oddities (which seem to find me)

Thanks again

Posted by: Sizer.3987

Sizer.3987

You need to make sure you are in the higher level part of the 1-15 zones, the lower parts (id guess at least levels 1-5, maybe even up to 10) dont have nodes anymore. Check the level of mobs around you if you dont know where you are. I do agree that they need to put those back, if thats what you meant by this post.

Also, you might not be asking this, but youre better off gathering in a higher level zone, selling the stuff and buying copper. Platinum is about 2x the price of copper and its easier to find, plus the other stuff you can get in those zones (ascalon zones are the best due to chili peppers, orr zones are also good but doesnt sound like you are 80 yet).

80 Mesmer – Yaks Bend

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

Strange. You should only be seeing copper in 1-15 zones.

I mined 2 stacks just from clearing Charr and Sylvari starting areas on my new toon. You just gotta go out of your way to harvest everything.

Make sure you’re in the correct zone

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.

Posted by: Freyah.8912

Freyah.8912

I just ran though Plains of Ashford to check for copper nodes.
Near Black Citadel there was not much but from mid to east I got almost a full stack.
Did not find any other kind of metal nodes on that run.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

if anything needs increasing is the ammount of ores per node 3 from normal veins and 10 from rich is meh

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I found 7 or 8 copper nodes (including a rich one) in the Ettin cave in Queensdale. I believe it’s slightly north of Phinney Waypoint.

I don’t struggle at all getting enough copper ore. There’s plenty in all 5 of the starter areas, and the “beginning” areas of the 15-25 ones have plenty as well (east Snowden Drifts, south Brisban Wildlands etc).

OP- why don’t you use the boosts on a more expensive node, such as areas rich in iron and platinum? You’ll earn much more this way- sell what you gather and then buy the copper you need.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

what do you need said copper ore for?

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

Logged in yesterday and was astounded that there was not a single copper node in the Troll’s tunnel complex. Killed so many poor grubs in my anger.

Bellizare.5816

Turn copper into gold most likely. I wanted to make a backpack for a new toon.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Copper to Bronze then promote to Iron (okay, copper ore to iron ore). Silver promotes to Gold.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Zeppelin.6832

Zeppelin.6832

You’d spend more on waypoints than what it’d cost to just buy the copper from the TP

Bellizare.5816

You’d spend more on waypoints than what it’d cost to just buy the copper from the TP

You don’t have to spend anything on waypoints. I never do.

Bellizare.5816

To be honest, I was not referencing promoting. Simply selling copper for gold. Some profit there.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I seem to find lots of gold nodes in WvW in the borderlands. I know you may not want to go in there but I don’t have that many problems in there. I am usually by myself and die if one of the other 2 W’s find me .. oh well, part of the fun.

I’ve only found around 3-4 there. I am horrible at finding things though xD

Linken.6345

To be honest, I was not referencing promoting. Simply selling copper for gold. Some profit there.

Aint it more profit to sell the iron ingots since they are used in ascended crafting?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

As long as iron has value copper will have value.

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Huh????

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Huh????

He probably runs everywhere and never waypoints.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Huh????

Ah. I thought he was saying his waypoints were free.

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

if anything needs increasing is the ammount of ores per node 3 from normal veins and 10 from rich is meh

If anything needs changing it’s the value of copper, silver and gold. They are virtually worthless and need more sinks in the game to drive demand and thus value up. Maybe level 500 Jeweler will do this someday but as it stands right now the last thing the economy needs is more copper, silver and gold on the market.

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Bellizare.5816

Huh????

Yes, you can get to any city at no charge, and free waypoint to starter map entrance, which is where you want to go to mine copper. You usually don’t have to go far to find some nodes.

Linken.6345

If anything needs changing it’s the value of copper, silver and gold. They are virtually worthless and need more sinks in the game to drive demand and thus value up. Maybe level 500 Jeweler will do this someday but as it stands right now the last thing the economy needs is more copper, silver and gold on the market.

Havent you heard we get electrium ingot in the expansion, so prices for 2 out of 3 should go up.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Huh????

Yes, you can get to any city at no charge, and free waypoint to starter map entrance, which is where you want to go to mine copper. You usually don’t have to go far to find some nodes.

There are free waypoints to starter map entrances now? I didn’t know that. They must of put that in at the same time as the Play for Free accounts.

Edit: I just checked. It’s not free for my level 80 to travel to the starter map waypoint. I guess you meant that you have to travel to the city first, then waypoint to the closest waypoint by the portal, then run through to the starter map.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Bellizare.5816

Huh????

There are free waypoints to starter map entrances now? I didn’t know that. They must of put that in at the same time as the Play for Free accounts.

Edit: I just checked. It’s not free for my level 80 to travel to the starter map waypoint. I guess you meant that you have to travel to the city first, then waypoint to the closest waypoint by the portal, then run through to the starter map.

Yes. And in Ascalon, for instance, you can pretty quickly run to two rich nodes. There is a chest at the one location as well.

Blaine Tog.8304

But Copper currently doesn’t have value, at least not much. It’s selling at 89 Copper right now and it’s been pretty stable there for a long time. Farming Copper on purpose is very, very far from among the the most lucrative things you can do, and increasing the supply would only make that an even bigger problem.

Just a flesh wound.3589

But Copper currently doesn’t have value, at least not much. It’s selling at 89 Copper right now and it’s been pretty stable there for a long time. Farming Copper on purpose is very, very far from among the the most lucrative things you can do, and increasing the supply would only make that an even bigger problem.

I do believe he is talking about promoting copper to iron in the Mystic Forge. In which case, the cheaper the copper is, the better.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Blaine Tog.8304

I do believe he is talking about promoting copper to iron in the Mystic Forge. In which case, the cheaper the copper is, the better.

I understand that, but transmuting cheaper copper to Iron will just devalue the Iron as well.

Also, it requires about the same amount of effort to farm Copper as it does to farm Iron, so I still don’t understand the point in farming Copper on purpose. It’s not like level 25 mobs are any more of a threat to level 80 characters than level 15 mobs.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Greetings

Many thanks

If you are finding iron and silver, you are not in a 1-15 zone, fact. 1-15 zones are, Metrica province, Celadon forest, Queens Dale, Wayfaires foothills, and plains of Ashford.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Just a flesh wound.3589

I understand that, but transmuting cheaper copper to Iron will just devalue the Iron as well.

Also, it requires about the same amount of effort to farm Copper as it does to farm Iron, so I still don’t understand the point in farming Copper on purpose. It’s not like level 25 mobs are any more of a threat to level 80 characters than level 15 mobs.

I have no idea why anyone would farm copper. I was just suggesting an explanation of Khisanth’s comment about how copper never loses its value as long as there is iron, as promotion of copper to iron is profitable as long as certain conditions are met.

ANet may give it to you.