Please make Caithe's Remorse buyable

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

It’s been long enough.

It should be available after the story is done, without the achievement requirement.

I admit that I don’t have the reflexes and fast-twitch necessary for the achievements.

This goes for the other ascended ingredients that are necessary for the luminescant armor.

Keep the cost the same.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Why?
You do not need the luminescent set. It is one of those things that are there to show that people have actually completed certain things.

A hint if you have trouble with the achievements is to do them in a group though. That should make it quite a bit easier.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

It won’t be for sale. None of them are.

But there are people who will help you get the achievement either for gold or just out of their kindness.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Why?
You do not need the luminescent set. It is one of those things that are there to show that people have actually completed certain things.

A hint if you have trouble with the achievements is to do them in a group though. That should make it quite a bit easier.

Well yes and no. More people seem to mean more AoE circles for dodging rocks. On the other hand it is possible to have someone do all of them for you …

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I agree with the topic title. And no, I couldn’t care less about the Luminescent set. They should just have another way to get those ascended pieces.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You can easily cheese the final achievements by having the instance owner just die during/right after the first portion of the fight (before the dragon goes underground). The dragon will continue to focus most of its attacks on the instance owner rather than the other player(s). So, yes, you’ll have more lights to create, but you’ll be getting hit far less. Similarly, you can do the same thing if you need the “don’t get hit by rocks” achievement; die before he goes underground, and let the other person finish the instance solo.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There doesn’t need to be another way to get those ascended items.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I agree with the topic title. And no, I couldn’t care less about the Luminescent set. They should just have another way to get those ascended pieces.

No, there should not be another way. They should be earned by doing.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They are achievement rewards.

They are not temporary.

If they were temporary rewards, alternate methods of acquisition would be a must. Like all the stuff that ended up in the laurel vendor.

If they are not temporary or are cyclical and come back at least once a year, then you can just keep trying. You may or may not succeed, but you can keep trying.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Nilkemia.8507

By doing those tedious, garbage achievements, I take it? I should point out that I did all that already. I still feel there should be an alternative for those that don’t want to suffer all that and just want those pieces.

CMM.6712

By doing those tedious, garbage achievements, I take it? I should point out that I did all that already. I still feel there should be an alternative for those that don’t want to suffer all that and just want those pieces.

Items that are gotten through gameplay and earning them as opposed to just farming some gold and buying them have been asked for and are welcomed, and I hope that doesn’t change.

One mans garbage is another mans treasure? IDK but I hope it doesn’t change and more items gained ONLY through game play and achievements are added.

Ayrilana.1396

Using that same argument, I don’t want to do world completion and the other tedious, garbage tasks associated with getting a legendary such as grinding for materials and/or gold. Just because you don’t like the current way of earning something, does not mean that there needs to be another.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

lol.. get the achievements done . don’t be lazy. if you want the lumi set you have to deserve it….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

You did not hear this from me… but…

You may be able to bring a mesmer into “The Mystery Cave” instance, that mesmer might be able to lay down a portal at the edge of the room before you hit the repeat mote, and teleport you out of the fight ring before any of the attacks even start, possibly guaranteeing you the Shrubsplosives and Rock Dodger achievements so long as those inside complete the fight and detonate all shrubsplosives.

What other achievements are you having trouble with?

Cakemeister.5792

World completion may be tedious but at least it can be done.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Clearly these achievements can as well seeing as there are multiple people running around in full Luminescent armor in-game.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

RoseofGilead.8907

Two of us have given you very easy and surefire ways to get those achievements done, without actually doing the fighting yourself. These are achievements doable without those other methods, too.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Nilkemia.8507

Items that are gotten through gameplay and earning them as opposed to just farming some gold and buying them have been asked for and are welcomed, and I hope that doesn’t change.

Making them buyable for 10 gold and 1000 bandit crests (which they already are after you’ve gotten them once) means you can still get them via gameplay, just in the Silverwastes instead. Which would probably be more rewarding/fun than playing through already completed instances for one achievement, which depending on the achievement/instance, range from tedium to flat out frustration and/or just luck (Togonn Windmane from No Refuge….ugh.)

Again, I played through all the achievements already to get them. Twice. It wasn’t fun. I’d rather not force that on other players if all they want are the ascended trinkets and don’t care about the Luminescent gear.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

do you mean buyable with gold, or 1000 bandit crest.

Pretty sure you’ll be done with the achievement in 10 minutes if you put a lfg says buying achievement help for 50 gold.

You can probably get it done by paying 5-10g, or just have some guildmates helping you.

CMM.6712

Making them buyable for 10 gold and 1000 bandit crests (which they already are after you’ve gotten them once) means you can still get them via gameplay, just in the Silverwastes instead. Which would probably be more rewarding/fun than playing through already completed instances for one achievement, which depending on the achievement/instance, range from tedium to flat out frustration and/or just luck (Togonn Windmane from No Refuge….ugh.)

Again, I played through all the achievements already to get them. Twice. It wasn’t fun. I’d rather not force that on other players if all they want are the ascended trinkets and don’t care about the Luminescent gear.

I don’t have an issue with the trinkets being buyable through the SW vendors, after mastery is completed for it. My thoughts are this: not every item in the game should be handed out on a silver platter. I like being able to show off something I got as a reward for doing something difficult and completing it.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Some items are only achievable through corresponding special effort in specific content. This is a fundamental game design element to any game with loot, as varying the means and location of acquisition ensures players are incentivized and rewarded for playing different content.

This is why dungeon armor requires playing certain dungeons, why world completion is a requirement for legendaries, fractal weapons can only be picked up from fractals, and why all of the S2 zones have area relevant special rewards. It’s why wintersday themed rewards are only available during wintersday, why you can only get tequatl slaying skins from actually slay tequatl, and overall the reason that people do a broad variety of content.

In a game in which cosmetics are the primary reward structure, putting them all on a vendor somewhere makes content unfulfilling in the same way that loot in diablo 3 was unfulfilling before they killed the trading post. Players simply grind for currency as there is no other measurable reward for doing challenging content, and no real value to do a variation of content. it results in a very boring loot game, and difficult content that feels like it’s just giving you the finger when it rewards you with 3 common greens and 10 AP.

As long as players have a repeated or permanent chance to acquire items from difficult content, they shoyuld absolutely be required to complete content for its associated rewards. That loot is both a badge and memento that indicate the player actually accomplished something special rather than an indication they had more time on their hands to run a champ train or otherwise farm currency in the easiest and least challenging way possible.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

Ayrilana.1396

I would also get used to this as you can be pretty sure that they will continue to do this with HoT and possibly for the precursor collections. People have been asking for a way to earn items in the game without having to grind currency or pray to RNGesus. The story achievements do exactly that.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

try to get help for it. All I did was put a lfg says “LFG **** achievement”. Most of the time someone come and we do it together.

I finished my living story achievement for episode 1-4 that way. There are still people doing them. Or just ask your guildmate.

All those achievement are “much” easier to do in a group.

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

I might be guessing about it, but it seems that you are in a hurry in getting this item right away. Why? The Remorse isn’t going anywhere.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Cakemeister.5792

I’d like to get this done so I can move on to other projects. I’ve burned a lot of playtime on the last two achievements and would prefer not to burn any more. But I guess that’s how it needs to go.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

They should make those items directly buyable from some npc.
The achievements related lost any purpose they had when people started selling ways to get them without actually doing the related content (by the way, the same applies for dungeons weapons/armors/achievements and legendary weapons as well).

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Would be nice if the bioluminescent set were available through PVP tracks. That would be another cool way to get the set.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The achievements related lost any purpose they had when

… groups were allowed to trivialize the encounters.

PopeUrban.2578

Would be nice if the bioluminescent set were available through PVP tracks. That would be another cool way to get the set.

It would be consistant with how anet treats PvP reward tracks for sure.

I’m not a huge fan of the PvP reward track system in general, but I do believe it is consistant with anet’s hard split between pvp/pve and their design goal of allowing pvp enthusiasts to never touch pve if they don’t want to.

This is wholly different from currency farming in PvE as PvP is inherantly challenging simply due to the intelligence of the foes encountered (players) which makes it virtually impossible to effortlessly farm with no real risk or challenge.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

Ayrilana.1396

I’m not a huge fan of the PvP reward track system in general, but I do believe it is consistant with anet’s hard split between pvp/pve and their design goal of allowing pvp enthusiasts to never touch pve if they don’t want to.

This is wholly different from currency farming in PvE as PvP is inherantly challenging simply due to the intelligence of the foes encountered (players) which makes it virtually impossible to effortlessly farm with no real risk or challenge.

You can join a custom arenas, there are some dedicated for dailies, and farm your daily two tiers. You’ll then be able to farm while being semi AFK as credit for reward track points is based on being in a match for at least 7 minutes and scoring at least one point.

PopeUrban.2578

You can join a custom arenas, there are some dedicated for dailies, and farm your daily two tiers. You’ll then be able to farm while being semi AFK as credit for reward track points is based on being in a match for at least 7 minutes and scoring at least one point.

I don’t ever really play customs, but I was under the impression they turned off progression in customs a while back. If this is allowed it’s pretty broken and should be fixed.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

They have limits on reward track earnings for most everything. Some arenas have no limit, but hotjoins do, so it’s very hard to farm very much before you hit the cap.

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t ever really play customs, but I was under the impression they turned off progression in customs a while back. If this is allowed it’s pretty broken and should be fixed.

There’s just caps. You can only gain two tiers of a reward track per day and I believe rank is capped at 10K points.

Cakemeister.5792

I necroed this thread to apologize. I should not have started this thread. I was just frustrated about getting the achievements. It’s not like me to whine and cry like a little baby because something is difficult.

Eventually I will get the achievements and the last piece of glowing armor.

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Why? You have a point imo. Not for the whole making a pretty armor, but it’s the only way to get ascended trinkets with Sinister stats (cond/prec/pow).

Soon enough there will be people who don’t even have this story available. So they have to buy the story fragment, to do the achievement, to get a specific stat combination that is otherwise unobtainable?

People like to point at dungeon gear and say “see, only if you earn it do you get it”. Yes that’s true, but CoF isn’t the only way to get berserkers gear now is it?

Ayrilana.1396

I necroed this thread to apologize. I should not have started this thread. I was just frustrated about getting the achievements. It’s not like me to whine and cry like a little baby because something is difficult.

Which two?

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s pretty big of you to come back and own up to any whining that may have occurred. You definitely get points from me, for what it’s worth. And you WILL get it done; just keep at it (and seek help from friends or even strangers if you need others to help you get it done).

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Hmmm I remember threads about
“People should be to get high level rewards from achievements and not just buy them!”

and now we have

“People should be able to buy the reward as well as getting it from achievements!”

sigh

Cakemeister.5792

I found a party and got the mystery cave achievements. The only one left now is dodging rocks during Pact Assaulted.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I find I disagree with the statements that there should be no other means of acquisition. I don’t mind people having to do “something” to acquire said item; however, locking a specific stat set to only ones means of acquisition can be very frustrating.

As it presently stands, Sinister and Nomad ascended trinkets can only be earned if you complete the associated achievements, where as the other stats can be gotten via laurels, guild commendations, wvw tickets, and fractal relics.

Even the stats locked behind the dungeon collections have more than just one option. You can either do the dungeon itself, or you can do the pvp reward track to earn the necessary collection items. Or you can do a combination of the two.

For Nomads and Sinister you absolutely have to do the LS, and you absolutely have to do all the achievements for the particular story instance. There are no ‘options’ available here (until after you unlock it), and I don’t agree with that.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I find I disagree with the statements that there should be no other means of acquisition. I don’t mind people having to do “something” to acquire said item; however, locking a specific stat set to only ones means of acquisition can be very frustrating.

As it presently stands, Sinister and Nomad ascended trinkets can only be earned if you complete the associated achievements, where as the other stats can be gotten via laurels, guild commendations, wvw tickets, and fractal relics.

Even the stats locked behind the dungeon collections have more than just one option. You can either do the dungeon itself, or you can do the pvp reward track to earn the necessary collection items. Or you can do a combination of the two.

For Nomads and Sinister you absolutely have to do the LS, and you absolutely have to do all the achievements for the particular story instance. There are no ‘options’ available here (until after you unlock it), and I don’t agree with that.

Aren’t the weapon and armor recipe books available for Nomad and Sinister gear? I would have sworn that they are…

I haven’t gotten the achievements yet on episode 8 but I believe I have recipes available for making the gear.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

There are indeed Sinister trinket recipes available. And they’re all so plentiful due to actually having a decent drop rate from bandit chests and the farming that goes on with those that you can buy them dirt-cheap off the TP. Then you just need the jewel recipe, which you can get from the bandit crest vendor.

There aren’t ascended ones available through crafting / recipes, but the only people who really need ascended stuff should be able to do the achievements to get them. Everything that “requires” Ascended gear also requires enough skill and knowledge that those people should be able to pull off the achievements as well. For everyone else, exotic should do just fine.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I have all sinister trinnkets unlocked at the vendor except for the ‘verata seared ring’
They become available at the vendor after completing the LS parts 5,6,7,8 respectively.

I do not know why I cannot buy VSR at the laurel vendor though….

But there are more things which are quite illogical…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Aren’t the weapon and armor recipe books available for Nomad and Sinister gear? I would have sworn that they are…

I haven’t gotten the achievements yet on episode 8 but I believe I have recipes available for making the gear.

We were discussing the ascended trinkets specifically (rings, accessories, amulets). Which only come from completing a specific episode’s achievements. The OP specifically mention’s Caithe’s Remorse, which is tied to the ‘Point of No Return’ episode. (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Point_of_No_Return_) After you achieve this, the trinket in question does become purchasable through laurels or crests, but not until such point.

Yes, the gear and weapon recipes come as an assortment of drops (if you’re lucky) or you can buy the recipes off the TP.

Personally I like that you can earn these things from achievements. I think they should add achievements to get some of the pre-existing stats, because some people would simply prefer that route. However, that shouldn’t remove the ability to just buy the stat if for whatever reason you can’t complete the achievement. Options aren’t necessarily a bad thing.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Cakemeister.5792

And I got it. It just took time and a little effort.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

And I got it. It just took time and a little effort.

Well done

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”