Please make dungeon mechanics soloable

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I don’t really get why people are arguing about this?

They could just scale dungeons down, so they were soloable with about (I say “about” – wouldn’t have to be exact) the same amount of effort and skill as is required in a full group.

As long as it was a scaling thing, it wouldn’t stop people doing them in groups, if they prefer that.

I think all the unnecessary arguing is, basically, demonstrating the reason why a lot of people prefer to solo in the first place.

The natural thing for humans to want to be is social, but it does not feel social to be forced to group with antisocial people, all the time.

In other words, you can’t force people to be your friends – you have to let them do what they like, so they then hopefully want to be, of their own volition.

The problem is not the really the scaling or difficulty most of that can be countered with practice. The problem is that some dungeons have to have 4 or 5 people to unlock a path. An example is CoF where 4 people stand in the fire bubble while 1 guy takes out the guard watching the door.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Killerassel.2197

Killerassel.2197

The problem is not the really the scaling or difficulty most of that can be countered with practice. The problem is that some dungeons have to have 4 or 5 people to unlock a path. An example is CoF where 4 people stand in the fire bubble while 1 guy takes out the guard watching the door.

EXACTLY my point. This is all I ask for to be changed.

I just want it to be possible to run all paths with groups of 1-4. Scaling the whole dungeon down to be of roughly equal difficulty for 1-5 players is a completely different topic. Unfortunately still most discussion in this thread circles around that instead, though.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I think that a game of this sort should provide a variety of content to appeal to a broad cross-section of potential players:

Soloists
PvPers
PvEers
Groups
and so on.

Anet apparently agrees because they provide content and/or game elements for all of these. If you are a solo player the majority of the game is designed with you in mind. Pushing for an element of the game, a minority of the content, designed for a different group of players to be altered to suit you is a bit off in my opinion. You already have 80-90% of the PVE content of the game designed and implemented to cater to solo play.