Please nerf JP

Please nerf JP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You no longer can get the achievement with teleport to a friend.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Please nerf JP

Posted by: Make Rye Known.6273

Make Rye Known.6273

Omg?! Really?! awesome thank you for the info guys:D

Please nerf JP

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I do not think you can use instant portals anymore due to the need of getting the 3 or 4 checkpoints underway, they are now mandatory. So any portals you see do NOT port ppl up to the top instantly, as you will not get the chest , the completion or the mastery, at least this is what I heard. they arre usedtoport fllen ppl from the last checkpoints at best…

And as a mesmer I use portals anyways so I do have an added securityfeature while jumping, likewise I’d use the Wurm as necro to get back to a place if I’d thinkI’d falldown…. Actually I have 2 mesmers which arre mostly if not solely used to scale JP’s asI find it was more relaxed compared to rerunning long JP’s. I’ve seen ppl use portals and mimic almost since headstart, which is IMHO a perfect use of the mesmers abilities. else there’s also the teleport gun…. which can be used as well….

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Please nerf JP

Posted by: Make Rye Known.6273

Make Rye Known.6273

@PaxTheGreatOne
I think it’s totally fine to use class abilities to do jumping puzzles, because it does not make the jumping easier per say, but completely avoiding any part of the jumping puzzle is kinda what gets me:b
But it’s nice that they have patched it then:3

Please nerf JP

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I do not think you can use instant portals anymore due to the need of getting the 3 or 4 checkpoints underway, they are now mandatory. So any portals you see do NOT port ppl up to the top instantly, as you will not get the chest , the completion or the mastery, at least this is what I heard. they arre usedtoport fllen ppl from the last checkpoints at best…

And as a mesmer I use portals anyways so I do have an added securityfeature while jumping, likewise I’d use the Wurm as necro to get back to a place if I’d thinkI’d falldown…. Actually I have 2 mesmers which arre mostly if not solely used to scale JP’s asI find it was more relaxed compared to rerunning long JP’s. I’ve seen ppl use portals and mimic almost since headstart, which is IMHO a perfect use of the mesmers abilities. else there’s also the teleport gun…. which can be used as well….

Too bad it has also made it somewhat buggy …

Please nerf JP

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

On one hand I can see why they do this stuff, on the other hand it always rubs me the wrong way when one group of people are able to do something easily and then people who showed up a little late are basically unable to take advantage of those same opportunities.

Please nerf JP

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

With the all out insanity of this puzzle, for your life only, it’s safer to use a mesmer, necro, or thief (something with a “undo” skill). However, with the vent stipulations on the puzzle, it’s hard to stop and tell people, NO I can’t port you or worse ignore them all together.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Please nerf JP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

The worst part about the vents is that, due to the way doing the JP the “normal” way requires relying on map-breaking techniques, it’s possible to accidentally and unknowingly find an alternate path that skips a vent.

Please nerf JP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

What map breaking techniques? I’ve run it several times already without any issues and without having to rely on those.

Which vent is skipped because of an alternate path? This would probably be something to highlight to Anet to resolve.

Please nerf JP

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Seems to me a group of Mes guild mates could set up ports at each check point to the next check point. Maybe it is impossible to do so, but then again I would gladly make some sort of donation to the guild if they made it happen. Unless Anet has disabled a perfectly legitimate mesmer skill (which is a poor precedent to establish).

(edited by Blude.6812)

Please nerf JP

Ayrilana.1396

Seems to me a group of Mes guild mates could set up ports at each check point to the next check point. Maybe it is impossible to do so, but then again I would gladly make some sort of donation to the guild if they made it happen. Unless Anet has disabled a perfectly legitimate mesmer skill (which is a poor precedent to establish).

Or just pay a Mesmer to port people along as they do it. I did that for players with the AB JP when nobody else really had ley-line gliding.

Please nerf JP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Wish granted. No one gets the achievement if they port or use Teleport to a Friend. Those vents are required to get the achievement. So all those people asking for a port?

They’re in for a surprise.

its funny because i did the puzzle and still couldnt open the chest. though i got the achievment.

im bad at sarcasm

Please nerf JP

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

I believe you’re referring to the Silverwastes JP? If not I have no idea which one. But in any case, the checkpoints are there for a reason.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Please nerf JP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I believe you’re referring to the Silverwastes JP? If not I have no idea which one. But in any case, the checkpoints are there for a reason.

Actually, we’re talking about the Chalice of Tears (Right?), which is far more brutal and bizzare than the SW one (Which is a pleasant stroll in comparison)

Please nerf JP

HazyDaisy.4107

I think most people that say the SW puzzle is a breeze compared to Chalice of tears, have forgotten what SW was like before gliding. Specifically gathering golden coins before gliding. When first introduced, SW was just as difficult as Chalice of Tears, and when the next nightmare JP is introduced, we’ll all say Chalice of tears is the fun one.

Sorrows Furnace

Please nerf JP

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I think most people that say the SW puzzle is a breeze compared to Chalice of tears, have forgotten what SW was like before gliding. Specifically gathering golden coins before gliding. When first introduced, SW was just as difficult as Chalice of Tears, and when the next nightmare JP is introduced, we’ll all say Chalice of tears is the fun one.

I did the SW puzzle pretty quickly, worst part of it was the tunnel maze at the end. It really wasn’t that hard, just very long. It was also much more obvious where to go, and there was a buff to show you how many checkpoints you hit. Chalice of Tears is much less clear about what the real path is, and it would be pretty easy to overlook a checkpoint.

Please nerf JP

Ayrilana.1396

I did the SW puzzle pretty quickly, worst part of it was the tunnel maze at the end. It really wasn’t that hard, just very long. It was also much more obvious where to go, and there was a buff to show you how many checkpoints you hit. Chalice of Tears is much less clear about what the real path is, and it would be pretty easy to overlook a checkpoint.

Assuming that small mistakes in the Chalice of Tears JP were not made, players shouldn’t be able to skip checkpoints. This is only because those checkpoints are required for the achievement and to open the chest at the end.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Please nerf JP

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

The main jumping puzzle in Silverwastes was ok for me. What drove me nuts was getting all those Golden Badges with all their own mini-jumping puzzles which I found to be insanely hard.

I have yet to try Chalice of Tears, maybe this weekend when I have a few hours to spare, if it takes that long.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Please nerf JP

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The SW one was never difficult. I did spend quite a while on it for the first run but that was me being stupid with the skritt tunnels. The SW puzzle also gives a visible buff and it works across disconnects.

The coins are inside the JP but they are a completely separate thing just like the tokens are separate from the Chalice.

Please nerf JP

HazyDaisy.4107

There are atleast 2 spots in COT that are not friendly to shorties as well.

Sorrows Furnace

Please nerf JP

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Hmmmm we (Mesmers) could chain to the checkpoints. That could be a lot of fun