Please read and reply

Please read and reply

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tentanseum.6275

tentanseum.6275

The only way Arenanet will address an issue is if it gets a lot of attention. So that’s why my title is what it is.

I like this game. But being disabled, I can’t use a mouse. I can bind everything to the keyboard which is one reason why I love this game. My problem is turning. Turning with the keyboard is really slow.

I have suggested they add a turn speed adjuster, but it hasn’t happened. I don’t know if it will. It will have a better chance of happening if a lot of people reply to this and agree that it is needed.

Other games have it available. In LOTRO you can adjust the speed in a file. In DDO there is a slider. It probably wouldn’t be that hard to add to the game. I guess they can just increase the turn speed to something equivalent to SWTOR or Rift, but it would be great to be able to adjust it to my liking.

Thanks for your help.

Please read and reply

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

There are a lot of gaming related disability issues that all development companies could work on, but they clearly don’t have much interest. Unfortunately there isn’t much profit in catering to such a small group of players.

That said, there is a whole bunch of low hanging fruit that could be picked, and the game could be a lot more fun for everyone. Your turning issue is an awesome example. Fast turn vs Slow turn could be a keybind.

My issue is sound related. Apparently there is an audio signal when an nearby character comes out of stealth. I had no idea because I never have the audio on. I’m not deaf. I have hyperacusis.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Please read and reply

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Tittle like this probably won’t call the attention of the right people (I mean the devs) but still …

In my opinion, they could have read your opinion, but the solution may be hard to implement with their game engine and the niche of people the solution would attend is small, making this a low priority upgrade to the game.

I know it would bring you a quality of life that you probably deserve, but realistic there aren’t many players with the same need as you.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Please read and reply

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

I definitely agree that they should make the turn speed faster or provide a slider. I don’t think the first option would be that difficult in the slightest. Second one might take some time but I hear you. +1 for thread, devs help them out.

Please read and reply

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

You could try some sort of macro that moves mouse with the keyboard, letting you turn fast. It wouldn’t be as good as actual mouse, but faster than the keyboard turning. As far as I know, Anet is okay with macros that don’t give a player an advantage over others, and is “one button to one action”.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Please read and reply

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Replying just to agree that this would be a worthy thing for at least a few people at ANet to consider working on. Not only would it help some people out, but think of the free and good publicity!

#TeamJadeQuarry

Please read and reply

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Just wanted to add that not only do people such as tentanseum need this but I believe the whole community would like this. Nobody uses the keyboard turn because its so slow but if the speed were increased or if you had a slider or something the. I think that A LOT more people would actually use it, maybe even more than their mouse.

Please read and reply

tentanseum.6275

Wow, thanks for all the replies. What I understand is when a forum post gets a lot of replies it gets the devs attention. If it’s a game play issue they might take it into account. That’s why I am asking for replies. I have posted this before and didn’t get many replies at all.

An example is mounted combat in LOTRO. A lot of people requested that for a long time. So they listened.

Belzibu is right, they don’t care about disabled people because they think it’s a small community. But if more games had full keybinding, for example, more disabled people would be able to play.

Please read and reply

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Have u try using other controller to play the game?

vvuevv

Please read and reply

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Don’t hold your breath OP. It’s been over a year and they still haven’t did anything about this. Even some of us that aren’t disabled would like this feature, since we all use different mouse & keyboard settings.

Please read and reply

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Not only that, but the only way to actually turn our character, while standing still, is with the keyboard. It’s the only MMO, that i’ve tried, that doesn’t let us turn our character with right-mouse button held down.

Please read and reply

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Keyboard turning you say?

Attachments:

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Please read and reply

tentanseum.6275

Okay Areanet, you see it. The people have spoken.

Please read and reply

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If you stop moving and then turn, you will turn much faster. Additionally, you can bind “About Face” to turn 180 degrees.

Alternatively, you can look into hardware solutions, such as eye tracking, a mouse you use with your feet or a software solution, such as a mouse macro to turn by a certain amount.

Please read and reply

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Anet really should do this so everybody can enjoy game. I know that some disabled players use mmo mouses or special keyboards like logitech G13. I just haven’t tested G13 so i don’t really know how well it work with GW2.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Please read and reply

tentanseum.6275

Eye tracking is probably the future. Right now it is phone & tablet based. There is an external device but it is USB & the wire is short. I’m sure by next year it will be wireless.

Keyboards like the Logitech G13 are just like a mouse, you need hands. But thanks for suggesting.

It’s so much easier for Arenanet to add something. Like I said earlier, LOTRO has an .ini file in their folder you can use to do a few different things, adjusting turn speed is one. That is a very simple solution.

If they can do it, you can too.

(edited by tentanseum.6275)

Please read and reply

Posted by: Katahdin.8714

Katahdin.8714

Just replying to agree that something should be done to help people in the situation the OP is in.

Please read and reply

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Not only that, but the only way to actually turn our character, while standing still, is with the keyboard. It’s the only MMO, that i’ve tried, that doesn’t let us turn our character with right-mouse button held down.

Hold down right mouse, turn the camera, click left mouse button, you turn on the spot without moving.

Please read and reply

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Belzibu is right, they don’t care about disabled people because they think it’s a small community. But if more games had full keybinding, for example, more disabled people would be able to play.

I completely agree. I have no idea why it’s hard to think outside the box a little further in terms of player base.

A million +1s for you, and hopefully a more suitable game experience here in the not-to-distant future. Please take note, Anet.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Please read and reply

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I’m in favor of hearing an answer if this is feasible or not at the very least.

One thing I would like to remind people is that just because one game can do something easily doesn’t NECESSARILY mean another can code it just as easily. It really depends on the engine used, the capabilities of the people programming the code, etc.

Please read and reply

Posted by: Spiderwick.1879

Spiderwick.1879

Good luck with that. Fingers crossed.

Please read and reply

tentanseum.6275

Thanks for all the replies.
I hope Arenanet sees the need.

Please read and reply

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Idk if this would help you, but you can get a special program so you can use an Xbox controller with gw2

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]