Please reduce the Dreamer noise some!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MLinni.6109

MLinni.6109

Hi!

Could you please reduce the whinnying of the Dreamer somewhat? I’m even catching flak from my guild mates, and as far as I remember, even Gaile has been yelled at before. It is such a beautiful weapon, it would do to reduce the whinnying to perhaps every 20th shot or wielding, it doesn’t have to be with every shot during auto fire.
As it stands, it is very much a troll weapon, and it would be nice to be able to use it in normal grouping without being annoying.

Thanks a lot.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think they have changed it a bit. I don’t know if it’s just on my end but since shortly before Wintersday I’ve noticed that when I’m on my own I hear the horse noise almost every time I fire (to the point where it’s interrupting itself and goes from a horse screaming to a horse hiccuping).

But as soon as I’m around even a few people it scales it back. When I’m doing a big group event like Silverwastes lanes or Dragon’s Stand I’ll only hear the horse noise maybe once every couple of minutes.

But personally I wish they’d revert to the old slower, lower pitched noise which sounded more like a real horse neighing and less like a horse screaming (or rather a recording of a horse being played too fast at too higher pitch) and give everyone the option to control the volume on their end.

It doesn’t bother me but I think that’s partially because (based on descriptions and limited real life experience) I set the sound on my computer much lower than most people. Deafening noise is fine at a concert, but not when I’m at home, so everything is quieter and less likely to be overwhelming to me.

But if people want the game incredibly loud and that one thing quiet (or silenced completely) that’s up to them and they should have that option. In other games players could use addons to customise settings like this (I have one for ESO which lets me mute any NPC so I don’t want to stab them for saying the same things over and over). But unfortunately in GW2 that’s not an option.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: MLinni.6109

MLinni.6109

They did change it once before, that’s true. Also I’ve seen that the sound sometimes disappears when there’s a lot of people around. Sadly the number of people in a dungeon or fractal is NOT enough to suppress it
Also it would be nice if the only solution to the problem was not to tell other players to turn down one of the volume channels. Some people do love their sound

Posted by: Altosk.8492

Altosk.8492

They should just implement a option to disable foreign legendary effects and sounds. Just like how there is a force default character model.

WTB Color Blind Mode 100g+50e

Posted by: OneYenShort.3189

OneYenShort.3189

Honestly, on some of the more audio annoying ones, I think they should make the legendary noise happen on a crit and the default weapon type noise by default. But given network lag, just make the noise happen on the shot after the crit hit so the sound effect matches animation timing.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

If it limited the noise to not-autoattack skills, it’d be okay.

The shortbow autoattacks are rapid, which is what leads to the WHINWHINWHINWHINWHINNY effect that everyone’s so utterly tired of.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

Honestly, on some of the more audio annoying ones, I think they should make the legendary noise happen on a crit and the default weapon type noise by default.

A lot of build have a 100% crit under fury buff, so no, please. Do as with Nevermore. You hear ravens only when you draw it out (and it is a subtle sound, not as loud as Dreamer’s ear horserape), and on crits there is a neet visual effect. They should do the same thing with the Dreamer, cause now it is untolarable to have a person with it in party.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Honestly, on some of the more audio annoying ones, I think they should make the legendary noise happen on a crit and the default weapon type noise by default.

A lot of build have a 100% crit under fury buff, so no, please. Do as with Nevermore. You hear ravens only when you draw it out (and it is a subtle sound, not as loud as Dreamer’s ear horserape), and on crits there is a neet visual effect. They should do the same thing with the Dreamer, cause now it is untolarable to have a person with it in party.

For the win