Please remove Flax seed farm

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

I’ve been going there to farm hero points to fill out the elite specs on all my alts. Do you want those nerfed, too?
Why not correct game mechanics instead?

I’m editing my post because after reading the responses I think maybe there is a larger issue that should be addressed. Thanks everyone for the replies and the input!

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

(edited by Muusic.2967)

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

I don’t farm at all….but i don’t agree with you.
If a player wants to be in that map,why shouldn’t he be there?
Is there a new feature where the maps can have owners and decide who should and who shouldn’t be on those maps?!
Maybe you disturb them with your events and they should complain.

Everyone should stop with “I want to do this so who’s not doing what i do should go.”

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: Oneiro.9425

Oneiro.9425

The players who are constantly coming into the zone and farming this area are preventing players from being able to join the Meta and also making it difficult for players to form raid groups.

Yes, nerf my only reason I log on with my nine 80 characters parked there. Then I will only need to login with one character to open my daily chest.

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

The Meta cannot be successful unless a certain number of players participate and if there’s 15 people farming nodes then that many less players are able to join the map.

I can understand why the raiders are in the zone because they have no other option but this farm has just turned into a summer camp for afk’ers.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Yeah, gotta agree with Nury on this one. It’s part of the organic nature of the non-instanced gameplay that shouldn’t be removed simply for meta events. However, I do think the Verdant Brink raid queue is kind of in the way – people aren’t really doing anything on the map there, so there needs to be a lobby for them to occupy instead. Unless there already is one now and I missed the memo.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Quaggan.2630

Quaggan.2630

if yr instance is nearly full

the flax seed farmer cannot enter yr instance again if they do not have taxi

there are no seed farmer stand at the spot and afk

all flax farmers are keep on swapping and taking the flax daily less than 1 min

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

I don’t think that’s the problem. Farmer will gather and gone. What should we look into is afk raiders that will eat up the space until they got squad and possibly scale up rally point event at night.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The Meta cannot be successful unless a certain number of players participate and if there’s 15 people farming nodes then that many less players are able to join the map.

Despite popular belief, you do not need a full map to complete meta events. You rarely need more than 3 people to actually meet the minimum requirements of most individual events. Considering I’ve pushed entire chains solo in VB, I’d assume a coordinated group of about 20 players could easily hit T4. The problem however is that doing this is not rewarding at all. The less people you bring, the harder it gets and in comparison to zerging, the less rewards you receive for the time spent.

If you’re going to complain about people not participating, there are far more people doing something else than those logging in for a minute to gather flax. Consider all the AFK people, the raiders, adventures, hero challenges or people simply exploring.

Posted by: Quaggan.2630

Quaggan.2630

Despite popular belief, you do not need a full map to complete meta events. You rarely need more than 3 people to actually meet the minimum requirements of most individual events. Considering I’ve pushed entire chains solo in VB, I’d assume a coordinated group of about 20 players could easily hit T4. The problem however is that doing this is not rewarding at all. The less people you bring, the harder it gets and in comparison to zerging, the less rewards you receive for the time spent.

If you’re going to complain about people not participating, there are far more people doing something else than those logging in for a minute to gather flax. Consider all the AFK people, the raiders, adventures, hero challenges or people simply exploring.

dont forget the treasure mushroom in vb

it also need few of the mins to take it down!

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

I’ve been going there to farm hero points to fill out the elite specs on all my alts. Do you want those nerfed, too?
Why not correct game mechanics instead?

Swift.1930

True, and I mostly agree with you, but I can’t see a team of 5-10 taking out all the legendaries in time, or holding all the rally points. Pushing a chain or two is certainly viable, but T4 is unlikely.

But yeah, no removing flax seed farmers. Poor guys work hard to make a living.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Where is this flax seed farm? lol

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Ah, wow! Thank you for posting this.

Just never can have too many flax seeds.

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

It takes 20 flax seeds to create 1 linseed oil

You want me to farm less then reduce the cost to 2 flax seeds

Your welcome

Posted by: Raziel.8072

Raziel.8072

It takes 20 flax seeds to create 1 linseed oil

You want me to farm less then reduce the cost to 2 flax seeds

Your welcome

^^^^^^^^ this

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I can understand why the raiders are in the zone because they have no other option but this farm has just turned into a summer camp for afk’ers.

A map can hold 200 players.

- 15 flax farmers
- 3 Patriarch
- 5 Huetzi and Cotoni

177 left after that

assuming half of those are doing other random stuff that leaves

88 people for Matriarch, Axemaster, Tetrad or 29 evenly split between those that is more than enough

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

You need 200 pile of flax seed to create 1 piece of exotic Viper’s gear, if you farm it all yourself. So, no, I’m against nerfing the farms. I don’t know how many people you think are standing around, but whenever I pop in there’s usually no more than 1 or two and only on the VB farm…and that’s not enough to make any difference to any meta. No one ever hangs around the TD farm. I don’t think it’s nearly as bad as you seem to think it is. Just because someone has a character parked there, doesn’t mean they’re logged in standing there 24/7.

Posted by: SirServed.5693

SirServed.5693

- 15 flax farmers
- 3 Patriarch
- 5 Huetzi and Cotoni

177 left after that

88 people for Matriarch, Axemaster, Tetrad or 29 evenly split between those that is more than enough

You forgot the part where they have to actually be competent. A lot of people got so used to their cookie cutter setups from Vanilla and are now getting destroyed in HoT content. I do however agree, people blaming Flax farmers and raiders because they can’t get off their kittens and get things done is a poor excuse at best. Everyone just sits there waiting for someone with a tag to get things started for them.

Swift.1930

- 15 flax farmers
- 3 Patriarch
- 5 Huetzi and Cotoni

177 left after that

You forgot the part where they have to actually be competent. A lot of people got so used to their cookie cutter setups from Vanilla and are now getting destroyed in HoT content. I do however agree, people blaming Flax farmers and raiders because they can’t get off their kittens and get things done is a poor excuse at best. Everyone just sits there waiting for someone with a tag to get things started for them.

^ This happens because there are (although Anet hasn’t really seemed to notice) a lot of casual players. If most casual players are like myself, they’d be willing to tag up to rally people, but they’d still be unsure how events pan out. As far as I can tell, only full-timers tag up regularly because they know exactly where to go and when. I’ve completed the full metas quite a few times, but I still have a very limited understanding of what to do in what order… so I only tag up if I’ve found a central event or a boss fight and there isn’t a commander there already.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Lol a few Flax farmers swapping in and out isn’t the issue OP

The issues are for more severe….
- A raid entrance placed in a meta dominated map was only ever going to be an AFK heaven – how could ANET of thought any different is mind boggling.
- The majority of the expac is dominated by an overwhelming requirement to farm and grind.. farm for guild hall upgrades, farm for ascended gears, farm for new recipes like Vipers, Minstrels etc.
- Burnout – players becoming tired of non stop grinding for materials like Mithril, Elder Wood, Flax, (to name just a few things). They may also be getting bored of running the HoT maps when they are simply put – EMPTY of genuine activity.

Add all that up and I think you will find the flax farm (like 6 seeds.. big farm) is never in a million years the reason for map meta failings.

If you want to blame someone, blame the creative think tank back at HQ.

Posted by: Sylum.1806

Sylum.1806

The Itzel Flax Seed farm isn’t the main cause of obstruction for players trying to get into an organized Verdant Brink map. Flax farmers leave as soon as they are done. The problem is players hanging outside the raid entrance waiting to form a squad to enter the raid.

I totally object to the raid entrance being placed in any map outside of its own. The raid entrance should be in the raid map itself, with its own Waypoint.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

lol, another person trying to find people to blame for failed meta
farmville is a more suitable game for ur kind

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

You’d do well in WOW’s raiding circles, your elitism would fit in perfectly.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

That’s not elistim, that’s just reality. The meta don’t fail because there is 10-15ppl farming. It fail because

1) There ppl afk, ppl farming Flax, people going after achivement, people doing HP, people doing adventure, etc, etc

2) Flax Farmer are one of the less problematic group. Most of them are reloging on a new character each 45-60sec. If they were on a full map, when they will relog on another character, the map will full again and they probably won’t be able to get back in.

3) People qq, but don’t taxi. Most of the time, the map that fail isn’t full, or only full in the middle of the night. People start to panic while doing rally camp and start to taxi ppl in instead of starting to taxi ppl in from the very beginning. Just yesterday, I taxied ppl for 45min before the map was full. I think there was me and one other dude that were taxing ppl and ask for more ppl to taxi. We didn’t reach T4 because the map was right before the canopy boss spawned.

4) People have a lot to learn on the event. Especially during the night. They always need instruction or only work on canopy boss. I often see ppl asking for events even when I can see 3-4 rally camp still under mordrem control after canopy boss. It’s not really their fault either. We can’t all know about everything.

It’s just stupid imo to blame Flax Farmer when they are not a problem. Tag up, taxi people in, write instruction on the map chat, help the map succeed.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Grouping raiders are by far the worst (no offense, it’s Anet’s fault). Flax seed farmers are usually not more than 10, and since they change the char after 30 sec, they won’t really block maps.

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

What about hero point farming? Or others that just want to farm XP by killing mob spawns?

Not everyone on the new maps wants to participate in the meta-events.

Perhaps something could be worked out when attempting to taxi other players in, based on their participation level, give them priority. But even this could be abused. There’s no easy solution to give everyone what they personally want.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

SkyShroud.2865

if you can call this elitism, then what about people who trying to blame others for failing something? true elitism are people like yourself who support blaming others for failing something.

first is spider farm, now is flax. next, are your kind gonna blame the people who doing map completions/explorations, hero points, masteries and other stuffs for your meta failing? u know this is a MMO, if you do not have rooms to tolerate other people doing something else in a openworld then you should not play mmo.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

if you can call this elitism, then what about people who trying to blame others for failing something? true elitism are people like yourself who support blaming others for failing something.

first is spider farm, now is flax. next, are your kind gonna blame the people who doing map completions/explorations, hero points, masteries and other stuffs for your meta failing? u know this is a MMO, if you do not have rooms to tolerate other people doing something else in a openworld then you should not play mmo.

LOL.

Okay.

I would just point out, in spite of your fatuous comments, that this is a problem only because of Anet’s meta design that scales the event based on the number of people in the zone!

If 10 want to do the meta and 100 want to AFK for the raid the 10 suffer from the 100’s existence in the zone.

But don’t you worry about that, you carry on with your asinine comments.

(edited by Kraggy.4169)

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

LOL.

Okay.

I would just point out, in spite of your fatuous comments, that this is a problem only because of Anet’s meta design that scales the event based on the number of people in the zone!

If 10 want to do the meta and 100 want to AFK for the raid the 10 suffer from the 100’s existence in the zone.

But thats the Rub here… its actually the opposite of what you say… typically 40-90 want to do the meta, and 10 are afk… Flax farming doesnt tie up but maybe 6-10 at the most during peak hours raiders may take up another 5-20 depending on peak time or not. AT MOST 30 are tied away from the meta where 200 is capable. If you cant do the Meta with 170 people you might as well forget ever doing it TBH.

Thaddeus.4891

LOL.

Okay.

wait what? The meta doesn’t scale with the number of people in the map. The meta is statics. It’s the individual events that scale with the numbers of people near it. So ya if there is AFk next to an event, this event will be hard to do. But the chance of that happening is very slim. Flax farmer and way to deep to count in the even in the Iztel village, maybe Raid AFK can affect on event, but that’s all. If there is too many AFK in the map this mean no enough ppl are doing even to complete the T4, but you need a LOT of afk for that. Most of the time, it’s people not taxing ppl in, people not spreading out to complete the most event or too many people doing something else (but that list can be long with Flax, Raid, Afk, HP, achivements, etc, etc).

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

I’ve wondered what are the true motives behind some of these nerf threads, clearly some of these people don’t understand or see the picture here of what’s really the issue/s are with the game.

Sarcasm > Should Anet nerf the adventures next? since people are doing them and taking people away from doing X map meta events!

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Concerning the raid AFK/LFG groups. While I agree that they do not cause the meta events to scale, but they do increase the map population which means that fewer people are left to do the meta. After accounting for raid AFK/LFG, flax farmers, explorers, people just getting HP’s etc. it is likely that there may not be enough people to successfully complete the meta (but it depends on the map).

A simple solution to this would be to create an instanced raid waiting area. Instead of going through the portal straight into the raid, you go into a portal that takes you to a waiting area, like fractals.
(Although this already could be the case, I haven’t done a raid yet so I am not sure exactly how it starts). This would solve the extra people AFK/LFG in the map, and make more room for those wanting to do the meta.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Thaddeus.4891

Concerning the raid AFK/LFG groups. While I agree that they do not cause the meta events to scale, but they do increase the map population which means that fewer people are left to do the meta. After accounting for raid AFK/LFG, flax farmers, explorers, people just getting HP’s etc. it is likely that there may not be enough people to successfully complete the meta (but it depends on the map).

A simple solution to this would be to create an instanced raid waiting area. Instead of going through the portal straight into the raid, you go into a portal that takes you to a waiting area, like fractals.
(Although this already could be the case, I haven’t done a raid yet so I am not sure exactly how it starts). This would solve the extra people AFK/LFG in the map, and make more room for those wanting to do the meta.

Yes, but that’s not the point of the OP. Everybody agree on your point. Raid is new and demand 10 man which can be longer to fill up with pug. A lobby for raid is needed, especially since VB have a big meta event.

But OP was talking about Flax Farming, not raid afker. And to be honest, even Raid afkers will rarely make the meta even fail.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Yes, but that’s not the point of the OP. Everybody agree on your point. Raid is new and demand 10 man which can be longer to fill up with pug. A lobby for raid is needed, especially since VB have a big meta event.

But OP was talking about Flax Farming, not raid afker. And to be honest, even Raid afkers will rarely make the meta even fail.

True, but the OP edited his post as it was determined that Flax Farmers aren’t really an issue, but rather AFKers, raids, and other wandering the map. I don’t think that there can be anything done with those not doing meta events, but raids taking up space can be dealt with.

I agree, unless you had many raid parties all looking for people, but even then the meta can still be done.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

SkyShroud.2865

LOL.

Okay.

Say the guy who got corrected by others that events don’t scale by zone, that your afkers numbers is simply unrealistic and delusional while at the same time obviously changing the topic from flax farmers to afkers. You need to do a reality check.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Spider farm ok, flax seed isnt? /check

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.