Please remove Fractals from monthly achieve

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mahaedros.7085

Mahaedros.7085

not interested in doing them and there are already enough reasons people do them

Lion’s Arch map chat used to be fun but now it is nothing but “LFG FotMxx”

this is not a complaint about fractals being added or ascended gear or manifestos… please just remove the Frequent Fractals from the monthly achievement

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

Please remove WvW kills from the monthly then. Not interested in doing it.

You don’t HAVE to do the monthly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: deborah.2068

deborah.2068

I wouldnt mind doing the dungeon runs but could I please pick the dungeon I run?

in Suggestions

Mahaedros.7085

thanks for your response, It’s nice to hear what people are interested in or not interested in for sure.

Fractals were in the monthly last month and I didn’t HAVE to do the monthly so I didn’t do the monthly…

now the monthly achievment has Frequent Fractals again

a large percentage of the player base is focusing on fractals so why do they continue to be part of the monthly achievement?

huge areas of the game are being ignored due to fractals so why not reward players for doing a variety of things instead of narrowing activities to one aspect of the game?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

What are you on about with the monthly not rewarding players doing a variety of things? Only 1/4 of the monthly objectives is fractal runs, the others are WvW kills and things related to seasonal events or content patches.

in Suggestions

Mahaedros.7085

What are you on about with the monthly not rewarding players doing a variety of things? Only 1/4 of the monthly objectives is fractal runs, the others are WvW kills and things related to seasonal events or content patches.

why is it necessary to have the monthly achievement reward and encourage fractals? There is a big incentive to do fractals already, it’s not necessary to encourage funneling players into only one aspect of the game.

Frequent Fractals was in the November monthly achievement.

People that bought the game like to do different things in the game and GW2 has a tremendous amount of things to do besides sitting in Lion’s Arch spamming for a fractal run.

in Suggestions

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

why is it necessary to have the monthly achievement reward and encourage fractals? There is a big incentive to do fractals already, it’s not necessary to encourage funneling players into only one aspect of the game.

Frequent Fractals was in the November monthly achievement.

People that bought the game like to do different things in the game and GW2 has a tremendous amount of things to do besides sitting in Lion’s Arch spamming for a fractal run.

agreed

Make the monthly achievement a “pick 3” if you are going to force people into running dungeons. WvW is merely open world PvE where people are flagged – dungeons/fractals are completely different and REQUIRE a group.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

Why not?

What makes any other criteria more worthy of being part of the monthly achievement than any other criteria?

Suffice it to say that there are people who don’t do fractals, and there are those who don’t participate in WvW. Having these be part of the monthly achievement encourages both camps to move out of their comfort zones and try out different things.

Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything they don’t want to do. The rewards from the monthly achievement are relatively easy to obtain elsewhere and are hardly necessary to enjoy the game.

(edited by Hobocop.1508)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

I’ll just say this regarding the Fractals being part of the monthly achievement: there’s a lot of PvE and PvP content a lower level character can participate in. However, in the developer’s words..

“Unlike the other dungeons, your party can be any level. We’ve employed World vs. World-style sidekicking to make this dungeon accessible to all players. But keep in mind, our aim was to challenge level 80 players. Going in at low levels is not for the faint of heart!”

I’ll also point out how unwilling higher level players seem to be when it comes to taking lower level players on Fractal runs with them.

Now, if the goal here is to specifically target and frustrate new or casual players that haven’t reached 80 yet, or prevent them from participating in monthly achievements, then mission accomplished!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bovive.8946

Bovive.8946

Very well said Edge

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Please remove everything and just give me the reward since I don’t like doing anything.

On a more serious note, just because the monthly has you do some things doesn’t mean that’s all that you have to do. Completing 7 fractals is very easy and there’s plenty of time to do things the rest of the month.

in Suggestions

Mahaedros.7085

Why not?

What makes any other criteria more worthy of being part of the monthly achievement than any other criteria?

Suffice it to say that there are people who don’t do fractals, and there are those who don’t participate in WvW. Having these be part of the monthly achievement encourages both camps to move out of their comfort zones and try out different things.

different things would be great, there just seems to be an over emphasis on fractals

WvW is the reason I bought this game but I ended up loving the pve in GW2 because up until recently it was an unfettered do-what-you-want-whenever-and-whereever-you want to do it experience.

Personally, I’ve just been leveling alts of different professions and had an amazing amount of fun.

Fractals are not something I want to do over and over and over and over and over and over and over again and since I don’t have a the luxury of being able to play for hours uninterrupted, I play when I can.

Let’s be honest about the grind in this game: players want to obtain things, Arenanet wants to delay the players from obtaining what the players want to obtain and they implement gold sinks and diminishing returns. Loot is inferior from everything except Fotm. Gear stats obtained from everything but Fotm is inferior. Why is there an extra reward and extra incentive to run Fotm if so many players are going to do it anyway(i.e. monthly achievement for frequent fractals…)? Gold sinks are implemented keep the game’s economy in check…why throw more rewards at fractals that players are doing already?

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreyFeathers.8175

GreyFeathers.8175

I have yet to do a monthly achievement because W vs W vs W is always tied into it or dungeons and now fractals. I find neither of these three areas fun and therefore will probably never get such achievement. I’d like to see something for those of us who simply want to game in the world with other players and not be forced into P vs P or having parties forced on us in-order to play areas like dungeon or fractals.

Honor is limited only by the limitations that we place upon ourselves.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Coffeebot.3921

Coffeebot.3921

I didn’t complete the monthly in November because it required dungeon runs and fractals, personally I don’t have a problem with my not doing it because there are those that don’t do the WvW aspect of the monthly, along with the fact that the monthly seems to be aimed at encouraging people to participate in aspects of the game that could have low participation.

HOWEVER, it’d be nice if ANet gave us an option to complete x out of y monthly objectives rather that having it restricted to 4/4 preset objectives… and x/y total would fit in with their whole “play the way you want and do the things you want to do” vibe.

[Edit]: It doesn’t matter if it’s easy, I got my 50 WvW kills in 1.5 hours this morning, but I don’t expect other people to get them that fast, nor do I expect people to do it at all as not everyone likes WvW. In essence it’s not about it being easy or difficult it’s about the fact that we HAVE to do it to get the monthly rewards, as far as I’m concerned (these days) nothing is worse in a game than forced participation.

Fornicate like you’ve never fornicated before.
I am anti-censorship, for it doesn’t make sense to pander to a minority.

(edited by Coffeebot.3921)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Worst thing is the WvW requirement that is there EVERY month. Now don’t get me wrong, I love spvp, but WvW is like pulling teeth trying to find people to kill.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Suggestions

Mahaedros.7085

Please remove everything and just give me the reward since I don’t like doing anything.

On a more serious note, just because the monthly has you do some things doesn’t mean that’s all that you have to do. Completing 7 fractals is very easy and there’s plenty of time to do things the rest of the month.

Frequent Fractals was in last month’s monthly achievement

Grinding that is not fun…

Variety is better and of course 7 fractals is very easy, lets have something else for the monthly achievement besides Fractals, which are the better rewarded than anything else in the game currently already…

anyways, I apologize, I’m really really tired and probably heading to bed.

Thanks for the conversation on this topic everyone. Good luck and have fun.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreyFeathers.8175

GreyFeathers.8175

Seems like they want W vs W vs W to succeed so bad they’re forcing it down our throats. To many it’s a fun place to play but honestly it’s still P vs P to me and if compared to anything it’s a strategy game with the players being the pieces. I’ve always hated playing against other players and no matter how you dress it up it isn’t something I’ll play.

I agree with things that have been said and suggested not just here but in other threads that the monthly achievements should have options of completing various things and not just a select few. To me it would seem that the world where dynamic events, renowned hearts and your personal story takes place needs more love then any other spot in the game.

Honor is limited only by the limitations that we place upon ourselves.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cod Eye.1632

Cod Eye.1632

Only ever did the monthly twice, I don’t bother with it now, not interested in dungeons nor doing the WvWvW, and I don’t know why they stuck PvP achievement on the PvE monthly when there already is a PvP monthly available for those who enjoy it.

“Hey I swung a sword, Hey Hey I swung a sword again,”

“After several hours I’m still swinging this sword with1 lodestone drop”

in Suggestions

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Yep, fractals are easy – doesn’t mean I want to do 7 of them – and neither do friends who hate dungeons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: EvilExE.3460

EvilExE.3460

Indvidual monthly achivements would be a much better system, this would alow players to do the monthly’s within their game play.

Although the negative aspect of this is that there will be reduced rewards, current reward divisional by number of rewards.

Every person makes error’s, all that matter’s is how they fix them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Well if you are playing gear catch up like everyone else you will have those fractals done in no time…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Personally, I believe getting 50 PvP kills on WvW is WAY much tougher/time consuming (for what I like to do) than doing 7 relatively short fractals, though I am not a big fan of either. It is the reason I have never done a monthly since the 3 day headstart-I am not a fan WvW and barely tolerate it. The only nice thing Fractals has going for them are seemingly good drops, as I am not currently interested in ascended gear. Doing low level Fractals isn’t that hard-I find most dungeons harder/longer, though I dislike their jump puzzle-like elements (which to be fair, many people enjoy.)

I am not saying you are wrong in disliking fractals, but in a similar way, they’ve always required WvW which I almost don’t do, and I just shrug it off and don’t care about it all. No monthly for me, and I don’t care (I would go for the monthly if WvW requirements were lessened to perhaps 15 people rather than 50. ) :/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Well if you are playing gear catch up like everyone else you will have those fractals done in no time…

To be honest, you don’t need Fractals to “catch up” to everyone else, as they will add ways to get ascended gear elsewhere-at least they claimed this to be true. I don’t care about ascended gear at all at the moment (not saying that I agree completely about the way it was implemented, though.) I do believe that FotM provides a nice rate of drops, for better ot worse, even on levels lower than 10, which would be the one and only draw for me personally.

(((Dear ANetdevelopers, if you are reading this, Fractals of the Mist are a nice diversion, but loot drops are rather poor at the moment elsewhere (including Dungeons, though I mostly do PvE events) and this seems/feels wrong. Also the DC problem must be fixed, and Fractals parties shouldn’t be subject to griefers who quit either-there must be a way to have people join while on Fractals, much as with Dungeons (simply put, it makes no sense because it’s not fair that an expedition fails due to DCs/griefers.) Thanks for your kind attention.)))

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Worst thing is the WvW requirement that is there EVERY month. Now don’t get me wrong, I love spvp, but WvW is like pulling teeth trying to find people to kill.

Hop in the Eternal Battlegrounds. Join a zerg, a siege, a defense, or really anything. Camp the jumping puzzle if that’s your thing (please don’t lol).

Just go anywhere you see big orange x’s on your map, or a blue commander badge. I was in WvW today and got 40/50 kills in about 3 hours. That’s not because I’m good — it’s because I go where the people are. There’s a Little Mermaid reference in there somewhere.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: evasionmoon.1345

evasionmoon.1345

In a way your right with your reply but i think what OP means(maybe im wrong?) is they only doing fractals, result world is empty and you eather follow the TREADMILL FARM train or left behind playing in a empty pve world.

in Suggestions

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

HOWEVER, it’d be nice if ANet gave us an option to complete x out of y monthly objectives rather that having it restricted to 4/4 preset objectives… and x/y total would fit in with their whole “play the way you want and do the things you want to do” vibe.

This would be superb, if there was “kill x invaders in W3” or “complete x dungeons” it would be far preferable to the current system in my opinion.

Also yes, please drop the specific “fractal” requirement from the achievement. We all know it’s there now, you can stop beating us over the head with it.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

I agree, stop force feeding part of the games that people don’t like down their throats. Just make monthly 5 part achievement and to complete you need to do 4 for them.

All is vain.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gwartham Haldane.8459

Gwartham Haldane.8459

Why when I come here I don’t feel like I am playing the same game as you all are?

You do realize the 50 kills in WvW doesn’t mean 50 solo kills right? RIGHT?

It takes at most 20 minutes in one run to get the achieve if that’s all your there for. Hell just run in the zerg and AOE spam is all you have to do.

Can you say the same thing as far as fractals?

Looks I honestly could care less, remove WvW and fractals from the monthly, just dont compare the 2 achievements as equal please, your argument falls apart at that point.

in Suggestions

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

I agree with removing Fractals from the Monthly, as it takes focus off other dungeons and encourages the thought that Fractals introduced a ‘mandatory grind’. It could be a certain amount of Dungeon paths per month (with each fractal counting as a path to get more people in there since thats what they seem to want to do.) I think this is more of a problem than the WvW kills for the monthly since it is easy to get into WvW and contribute. Fractals is a lot harder with needing people for a certain number as well as the whole disconnecting issues with fractals at the moment.

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

in Suggestions

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I’m always leary of saying ‘remove’. I’m all about ‘choices and options’.

I’d like to see them move to a model where you have 8-10 options to complete, and you complete any 5 to do the achievement. Daily or Monthly. With a bit of care put towards ensuring there are options there for people that don’t like to do dungeons, fractals or wvw.

I happen to love WvW (though admittedly not very good at it), and can manage the 50 kills (at least so far), I didn’t care for the fractal option. Last month I sucked it up and did the 7 dungeons, though it wasn’t my favorite thing to do, it was stressful, as they are in any game, and I just didn’t care for it. Only to have the ‘??’ open and find out they were not “kill 50 festive turkeys!” but “do fractals” and “crabs”. I was a bit bummed. The WvW kills were the only enjoyable thing of the 4.

So that’s what I’m hoping. Give us some choices and we put together any 5. There were some in the past, I recall, that were more PvE and non-dungeon (I count fractals as dungeons) oriented. There was a DE count one once. The old salvage one. That’s 2. I don’t mind the WvW one, but I can see why people wouldn’t want that, so we won’t count that. What was the old 4th one? Well I’m sure they could think of 3 more. Maybe to do a certain amount of DEs in every zone? Some way to encourage people to visit more places? Gathering, was that one?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Big Boss.7902

Big Boss.7902

Last month was the first month that I had actually completed a monthly. I didn’t want to do WvWvW but I went and completed the WvWvW maps and got the 50 kills at the same time. It was something I thought I could actually do from for every monthly from now on.

Edit: Should have read the post above mine before I posted – that guy has the right idea!
I was not pleased when I saw Fractals on the monthly list for this month. I’m currently on lvl 2, I’ve seen all the mini dungeons and have no interest in going back there. If I did want to do it, I’d need to set aside a few hours for completing them and a few hours for getting a group each time I play.

To me the dailies are set out much better. I never have to spare a thought for them – they just get completed while I play, which is a much better system. I don’t think the monthlies should be the same as the dailies in terms of what you are asked to do but instead perhaps there could be ten activities to choose from and you get to pick the 5 that fit your play style – be it, dungeon running, open world monster hunting, karma harvesting, WvWvW castles taken or Spvp matches won.

This would fit the style of the game better and would go with their ‘play the way you want’ selling point.

M Norn War Thror McCaw| F Norn Ele Lana Lan| M Charr Guard True Devil| F Norn Rang Shora
Swift| M Norn Mes Ludicrous Larry| F Norn War Tanni Wolfmaster| M Sylvari Necro Orin Storm|
M Human Thief Clint Elmwood| M Norn Guard Thor Lightning God| Desolation.

in Suggestions

Posted by: firecracker.5632

firecracker.5632

I agree, If you want fractals achievements it should be seperate like PVP and WVW.
I personally do not like the fractals at all so will not be completing my monthly once again due to Arena Nets push for a new element in their game.

That is all..

Whiskey May -Ehmry Bay
GH Grindhouse Gaming – Guild Leader

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Why when I come here I don’t feel like I am playing the same game as you all are?

You do realize the 50 kills in WvW doesn’t mean 50 solo kills right? RIGHT?

It takes at most 20 minutes in one run to get the achieve if that’s all your there for. Hell just run in the zerg and AOE spam is all you have to do.

Can you say the same thing as far as fractals?

Looks I honestly could care less, remove WvW and fractals from the monthly, just dont compare the 2 achievements as equal please, your argument falls apart at that point.

50 kills in 20 minutes? Sure, if you are of the right profession at the right time on the right place on the right server with little lag. If you dont have the right profession. If the stars dont align it can take hours. Especially for those of us that dont do much wvw.

That being said, I dont mind that the monthly has both fractals and wvw kills, I’ll do both anyway.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

(edited by Blackwolfe.5649)

in Suggestions

Posted by: dpdropout.7308

dpdropout.7308

Remove the friggin pvp parts from pve monthlies already. I detest pvp with a passion. It’s equally ridiculous that I need 500 badges and a full pvp map to get a legendary skin for a weapon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Firs of all, to complete the fotm monthly, you need to do exactly 2 full runs of the dungeon. One odd level and one even level)or 2 even levels if you wish). Tell me again how in 30 days you can’t find time for 2(TWO) dungeon runs and how extremely boring it is to run a dungeon 2(TWO) times total in 30 days.

Second, some of you completed the WvWvW part and it was easy bla-bla. I finished my fotm part yesterday, it was easy bla-bla. WvWvW on the other hand…yeah…14/15 right now…gathering the strength to go in again and waste another hour of my time.

Third, ofc not everybody likes doing all the things on the monthly and people often have to go out of their way to complete it. But, puppy it, you have 30 days to do that. 30 whole days to suck it up and do 1 thing you don’t like all that much. It’s not like they are asking for 1000 kills, 1500 fotm runs, 20 000 gatherings or anything like that. They are asking you to dip your toes in the water and check the temperature.

Forth, you don’t have to finish it. Contrary to popular belief, a kitten does not die every time a player doesn’t finish his/her month achievement. Oh, and the players themselves seem to survive it as well(the guy that got hit by lightning? oh, that was, ammm….coincidence!)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Still, Anet would be well advised to use the monthly achievements as a way to encourage players to go do stuff people ARN’T doing…

*Orr looking a bit empty? – New monthly: Help liberate X shrines of the gods
*Everyone doing fractals but not explorables? – New monthly: Explore X dungeon paths
*Nobody doing the lesser world bosses? – New monthly: Help slay X world bosses.

You get the picture. It’d help spread the players around and encourage people to explore new ground instead of keeping on grinding. This might on the surface violate the “monthly’s available to all” premise, but, fractals already violate that; good luck getting a party for fractals at level 20

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

(edited by Ryuujin.8236)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eirik.9145

Eirik.9145

I frankly was kind of astounded that they included Fractals again in the monthly achievements with all the controversy it has generated. I think it’s a slap in the face for all the people who had concerns about FotM and Ascended gear. I think it’s rather callous and doesn’t exactly try to patch things up with a divided community. Getting people to do dungeons and different parts of the game is one thing, but having the monthly require a specific dungeon goes against their play the game the way you want mantra. I guess that really shouldn’t surprise me as FotM also goes against their no grinding dungeons for gear (only place to get mats for Ascended gear) and no grinding dungeons for random loot drops (ascended rings) mantras as well.

People have brought up very good ideas about requiring say doing x things out of y choices. Maybe ArenaNet “will be looking into that” or “will be doing that sometime in the future” to use a few of their favorite responses.

You can probably already guess that I’m not a big dungeon fan, and especially not a fan of what we used to call in the days of pencil and paper gaming, a quick throw together dungeon, like FotM is. A dungeon with no overall congruity or meaning with pieces just thrown together at random to use up some time. I remember the notebook of random hallways with different mobs that were randomly pasted onto a simple dungeon form. We used it to just use up some time left in a gaming session before we started something of some meaning. Now it has become some “new” staple dungeon. Times have certainly changed and not always for the better.

Anyway, I’m sure there will be people saying that if you don’t like “such and such” then don’t do it and don’t complete the monthly. Sadly, that’s the way it is with something that was supposed to be for everyone to do no matter what their particular likes in the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

What Edge said (and Eirik). Anet seems to be hell bent on pissing off every single remaining player in this game, the casual players at the very least. I personally hate these fractals as much as I hate the rest of the dungeons in this game.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

It’s not 7 levels of fractals, just 7 episodes, something that can be done in a single play session.

It’ll take less time to do the fractals than to get the 50 www kills. (Which has been in the monthly every month)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Going to take more than a monthly to get me in that broken dungeon

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

I really don’t get Anet here.

Do they really want to push people into FotM and ignore the rest of the game? If the loot is already so much better in there, why on earth would you add another incentive to spend your time in FotM.

How about encouraging people to do more than FotM and WvW. It really makes no sense to create a huge persistent world and then direct the game to ignoring it. You could’ve created the game without that persistent world at the rate this is going.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

in Suggestions

Blackwolfe.5649

I’d prefer if they had something like “Do 5 dungeon runs or 7 fractals” as monthly instead of fractals, or make both count. Or as someone said, have several ways to earn the monthly, and only require you to do 3-4 of them to complete it… the salvage/monthly xp survivor dont ever need to come back however.

Game over

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tenshi.3598

Tenshi.3598

In looking at what monthlies should be like, one should consider purpose and fun.

For one thus, monthlies should be fun. Versatile, don’t force people into one role. So say if you place WvW there, don’t make it kills: make any way of contributing to your team (be it raiding camps, taking towers, defending, or even just running supply, or killing) count. Thus people can really play WvW for it, instead of just doing some PK’ing on the WvW map.
In the case of Fractals, this’d be made a lot better if it were dungeons in general. If people like to do fractals for it, sure, but any dungeon will suit.

And then, purpose. What’s a purpose for monthlies? Well, to give more attention to a part of the game. Let players do that for a bit, they might realize they like it, and do it more often. Looking at this month, I’d think the following would have worked better:

- Events seem undervalued. Thus:
- 30th of november: introduce an update for events, making them worth more attention
- Open a forum topic for discussion of that update. Ask players for feedback – is it worth playing now? Were the problems solved? Is it fun?
- December monthly: do X events (might be a little more specific, say World Events, or specific mid-level range areas). This way you encourage players to try it, thus, allowing for more feedback.
- The ingame polling system used in the betas could be employed upon completing the monthly, to have a wider group of people giving feedback.

Having WvW on it all the time (and worse, just its PK aspect) is bad. Repeating already overplayed fractals there now, is bad (and worse, while group finding is so badly troubled).

Monthlies shouldn’t be a chore – that’s what dailies are. I don’t think it should be a challenge either – that’s what other achievements do. It’s ideal to highlight undervalued and updated game segments (which should be the same thing), so use it that way?

This Glade has thorns…and here they are!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

In looking at what monthlies should be like, one should consider purpose and fun.

For one thus, monthlies should be fun. Versatile, don’t force people into one role. So say if you place WvW there, don’t make it kills: make any way of contributing to your team (be it raiding camps, taking towers, defending, or even just running supply, or killing) count. Thus people can really play WvW for it, instead of just doing some PK’ing on the WvW map.

I agree with this. I find it strange that the emphasis from the monthly on WvW participation is on killing opponents rather than on completing objectives. I honestly don’t want players flocking to WvW specifically to kill other characters in order to satisfy the requirements of the monthly. Whether players are killed or simply driven off should not matter as long as the objective is completed. That’s how battles in WvW are won. Why is the monthly set up in a way to undermine that? Why create a task that is going to shift the focus towards scoring kills, even if its at the detriment of losing valuable territory?

Someone on the development team made a bad call here. And yes, I do believe you would see less players complaining about the WvW portion of the monthlies if the objective was something along the line of “complete X WvW events” or “successfully capture/defend X keeps”. Anyone can sit up on the wall pouring flaming oil down on opponents beating on a door and have fun defending a keep, whether they like PvP or not.

(edited by Edge.4180)

in Suggestions

Blackwolfe.5649

Instead of counting the number of kills, let it be objectives ranging from simple tasks such as killing dolyaks to bigger things like taking over stonemist allowing it to be completed no matter whether you run with a big zerg or you do guerilla tactics solo.

Game over

in Suggestions

Posted by: scabies.3246

scabies.3246

I didn’t do the monthly for November because it required me to do the Fractal dungeons. It sucks that I am required to do them again for December.

If I quit the party after the first part out of three parts of the dungeon level, I’ll get a bad reputation and people won’t want to party with me because I am a “dungeon quitter” or “dungeon ruiner”. And if it is a party in Overflow, they can’t invite new people back in without having to quit the path and go back out. So really, I’m screwing up EVERYONE if I leave.

Making it a monthly requirement is really stupid. It is nothing like WvW where I can come and leave anytime I feel like it, so comparing the two like the 2nd poster did is nothing alike. The requirement should be “Do any 7 dungeons”, not do 7 parts of a long and difficult 3 part dungeon. I need to do Twilight Arbor, but all I ever see in Lion’s Arch are people screaming to do Fractal dungeons. That nonsense is unappealing.

(edited by scabies.3246)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

I just like how completion is 7/7 instead of 9/9. Are we playing the same game here? Maybe I’m just missing the obvious ‘why’ of that?

But seriously, I love Fractals and I’d still rather have it be “Participate in 7 dungeon runs” or “Dungeon Variety 7/7”. I would have embraced the excuse to run every dungeon there is……you know what, I’m gonna do that anyway :-D

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

in Suggestions

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Instead of counting the number of kills, let it be objectives ranging from simple tasks such as killing dolyaks to bigger things like taking over stonemist allowing it to be completed no matter whether you run with a big zerg or you do guerilla tactics solo.

Trust me, it’s gonna be much harder if its specific tasks. I do agree with having a bit of variety though, like either this or that. something like “get 50 wvw contribution points”, and you get contribution points whenever you escort a dolyak (say 1 point for that), cap something, kill someone, etc.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Suggestions

Blackwolfe.5649

Im not talking about specific tasks. What you said about contribution points is alot closer to what I ment. Basically, any wvw event counts towards the monthly instead of just kills. However, I would love to see a separate wvw monthly altogether, awarding coins, xp, random siege plans and wvw badges.

Game over

in Suggestions

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

I just like how completion is 7/7 instead of 9/9. Are we playing the same game here? Maybe I’m just missing the obvious ‘why’ of that?

Lvl1, 3, 5, 7 etc consist of 3 fractals. Lvl2, 4, 6, 8 etc consist of 4 fractals. 7 requires 2 runs(most people would either keep progressing or stick to an even level) while 9 needs 3 runs to complete. There is your obvious “why”.