Please remove annoying Soulbeast FX

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wilem.9635

wilem.9635

Attaching the screenshot. C’mon devs, give us an option to turn that green thing off, it’s obscuring the view of the character I spent hours customising. And it’s plain annoying to look at all the time.

Attachments:

(edited by wilem.9635)

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

[Suggestion] rename beastmode – fartmode.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Pigpen, is that you?

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

thats an awesome looking aura, no need for flashy legendaries eh?!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If removing it completely isn’t an option maybe it could come up briefly when you first enter beastmode then disappear? Or fade in and out?

Alternatively it could be made more subtle. Remove some of the green haze so it’s mainly just the leaf and vine effects maybe?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Get rid of it. This game does not need more gratuitous particle effects. People should want to play Soulbeast because it’s fun, not because it looks like a chlorine cloud.

Posted by: Blackwaltz.7156

Blackwaltz.7156

It looks good alternative to us poor people that don’t have access to legendaries and infusions.

Keep the aura. Make it bigger and more dense too.

wilem.9635

It looks good alternative to us poor people that don’t have access to legendaries and infusions.

I propose removing the character altogether and leaving just a green blob to make those legendary wearers eat their own hat.

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

After spending such absurd amounts of time and money on the aesthetics of your character, you don’t want it completely obscured by an aura you have no choice in using or not. Worse, on Charr it just clips through their body and looks terrible.

I understand the devs spent a lot of time to create it and it may be somewhat necessary as a visual tell etc etc but I hope they give people the option to turn it off, client side at least. Really looking forward to playing Soulbeast, really not looking forward to looking at it.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

I propose removing the character altogether and leaving just a green blob to make those legendary wearers eat their own hat.

you maybe new to the game but you can turn them settings down in the game options menu same goes for mini pets and so forth .

but the rest of us can still play our game with all the flashy blobs as you call them .
now I am off to get even more flashy items and loud stuff to use in the game

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Attaching the screenshot. C’mon devs, give us an option to turn that green thing off, it’s obscuring the view of the character I spent hours customising. And it’s plain annoying to look at all the time.

Apparently, you have not seen the annoyance that is the new elite spec for engineers. It makes your screen go “Boom!” from an overload of effects.

The ranger has by far the lamest effects in all the new crazy effects extravaganza.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I kinda like the aura effects from equipped skills. I mean, not too much ofcourse, but subtle like the firebrand virtues when they are equipped/activated is really nice.

Plus you can toggle in and out of beastmode. You should be glad that you don’t half turn into your pet while doing that.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

Apparently, you have not seen the annoyance that is the new elite spec for engineers. It makes your screen go “Boom!” from an overload of effects.

The ranger has by far the lamest effects in all the new crazy effects extravaganza.

oh come now let him find out the hard way :P

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I think it would look better if the “smoke” was temporary and it just had the vine things circling you.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Agreed, the FX aren’t impressive enough on their own to warrant the change (like the Reaper’s shroud, for example)

Get rid of this and the icons under your character when channelling Glint as a Herald.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I hate the vines more than the smoke – the smoke is subtle, and can be sort of ignored. The Vines are these vibrant neon twisting, distracting things curling around the character.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Agreed. The green viney graphics don’t fit the nature of the spec. It should be yellow to red in color, and more “animal-ish” than “plantish.”

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Sartharina.3542

Agreed. The green viney graphics don’t fit the nature of the spec. It should be yellow to red in color, and more “animal-ish” than “plantish.”

I need to upvote this a billion times.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

oh yeah, that hideous green aura :-(
The main reason i will never use Soulbeast.

I was hoping for some kind of ghostly animal animation/aura, like u see with GS skill 2 and 3.

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

I imagine it’s both to let you know what mode you’re in (I even have trouble remembering with that huge effect!) and for PvP for enemies to know as well.

Posted by: Kezriak.5076

Kezriak.5076

I feel it needs to be said, but Holosmith would do with this treatment aswell, maybe a light golden aura, but not the current one they get bleh.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

I imagine it’s both to let you know what mode you’re in (I even have trouble remembering with that huge effect!) and for PvP for enemies to know as well.

That’s it.
But still there could be an option for the user to disable the animation for himself.

It is right for the enemy to know if you enter ( or you currently are ) in beast mode, but really could be annoying for the user.

Sartharina.3542

Then they need to change it to something that’s not a complete eyesore that murders all attempts at fashionwars even when you do keep to the class’s theme, (Such as by wielding the legendary (Gold,Black, And Red) Chuka & Champawat.

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

Then they need to change it to something that’s not a complete eyesore that murders all attempts at fashionwars even when you do keep to the class’s theme, (Such as by wielding the legendary (Gold,Black, And Red) Chuka & Champawat.

Sure, I understand and don’t disagree. I would have preferred that it was much more subtle myself, though I can also understand from a design perspective why it’s not.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I was hoping for some kind of ghostly animal animation/aura, like u see with GS skill 2 and 3.

Same. Why is it green? How many Ranger pets are green? Maybe a couple of the drakes? It’s SOULbeast. SOULS are normally depicted as white, not as green…white is at least considered a neutral color.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Same. Why is it green? How many Ranger pets are green? Maybe a couple of the drakes? It’s SOULbeast. SOULS are normally depicted as white, not as green…white is at least considered a neutral color.

Most likely because green is the ranger color, nature magic is generally green.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

It grants you survival

“Oh god a Reaper. Run!”

But instead, it was a SoulBeast.

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

I suppose that the visual effect should be the tell but maybe they can make a selectable show/hide aura effect option for the player only.

Posted by: mintkola.3756

mintkola.3756

I would like it if they change it to something similar to revenants legend swapping where you get an image above you representing the pet family for about a sec when you soulmeld (not gonna call it beastmode).

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

It’s pretty awful. Minimalism is key with things like this.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I am sorry to whoever implemented this, but agree this needs to go or another representation that a player is in beast mode should be used. This was the running joke during beta, form of skunk! Player draws in pets musk and rawrs it battle cry as their smell makes the first attack!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Agreed.

Didn’t try the spec during the weekend/stress test, but the OP’s picture says it all.

Nothing about that twisting green blob says “beast” or “aesthetic” to me.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Agreed.

Didn’t try the spec during the weekend/stress test, but the OP’s picture says it all.

Nothing about that twisting green blob says “beast” or “aesthetic” to me.

My vote goes to make it dyeable!

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

Sounds like the effect is putting a thorn in your side

Ashantara.8731

Me, too!

So disappointed with most of the new effects, which are either wrong (like the ranger’s) or completely over the top (like the engineer’s).

The only effects I enjoyed during the demos so far were the guardian’s, even though they are a bit too much as well IMO (but at least pretty from an aesthetical point of view).

Posted by: Akrib.4297

Akrib.4297

It most likely won’t be changed, a lot of people didn’t like the herald spec effects on the ground and wanted a way to turn it off but never got acknowledged.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I like it, don’t take it away.

wilem.9635

It most likely won’t be changed, a lot of people didn’t like the herald spec effects on the ground and wanted a way to turn it off but never got acknowledged.

Oh yeah, Herald’s ugly thingy on the ground is the worst I’ve seen in GW2.

wilem.9635

The post actually asks for an option to turn it off.

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

I revert to my early post . you can turn them settings down in the game options menu same goes for mini pets and so forth

mean while the rest of us other players can have all our flashy stuff on and all our minis out and load :P

wilem.9635

I revert to my early post . you can turn them settings down in the game options menu same goes for mini pets and so forth

mean while the rest of us other players can have all our flashy stuff on and all our minis out and load :P

There is no setting to disable or tone down the character buff effects specifically. If you mean the settings that will affect every single thing in the game, well yeah, no. Try telling someone to cut off their leg because they don’t like the color of the shoe laces.

Posted by: Nayukhuut.4269

Nayukhuut.4269

I’m evidently in the minority, but I really like it. I hope they do not remove it. That said, I would be fine with a graphical toggle for those that do not like it. That way those that enjoy it can keep it, and those that do not can turn it off.

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

yeah add a graphical toggle for death shroud too lol.
And remove holosmith’s fx, and berserker’s fx too..
If this actually happens it will go on and end with all classes having no fx and a stupid amount of dev time would be wasted.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

At most, it should just be something like the Ele and Rev bracelets, imo. Visible when the weapon is drawn.

Ashantara.8731

If this actually happens it will go on and end with all classes having no fx and a stupid amount of dev time would be wasted.

There are effects that are nicely done (like the Death Shroud or Berserker’s fire), and then there are effects that are giving you a severe headache and melting down your eyeballs (like the Holosmith’s).

And then there are effects like the Soulbeast’s that are just lame.

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

It would save a lot of dev time if they just didn’t make overwhelming auras you cannot turn off in the first place. There is already enough visual pollution without adding more superfluous clouds for the sake of it.

Soulbeast already has great animations for merging and the stance skills, they are just ruined by your whole character being obscured by a green mist which is totally unnecessary and serves no purpose.

The aura is not needed as a tell for PvP, anyone with half a brain can see the Rangers pet is not there and there is a big blue icon under their health bar without even looking at it. The act of merging has a big tell, so being in beastmode does not require one.

The aura is obnoxious.

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

After spending such absurd amounts of time and money on the aesthetics of your character, you don’t want it completely obscured by an aura you have no choice in using or not. Worse, on Charr it just clips through their body and looks terrible.

I understand the devs spent a lot of time to create it and it may be somewhat necessary as a visual tell etc etc but I hope they give people the option to turn it off, client side at least. Really looking forward to playing Soulbeast, really not looking forward to looking at it.

Get rid of it. This game does not need more gratuitous particle effects. People should want to play Soulbeast because it’s fun, not because it looks like a chlorine cloud.

Would this not also apply to Death/Reaper Shroud, Lich Form, Norn Animal Forms, and any other temporary appearance change? I really don’t understand people anymore.

Leave it alone Anet, thing looks good enough.

Hate is Fuel.

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…Would this not also apply to Death/Reaper Shroud, Lich Form, Norn Animal Forms, and any other temporary appearance change? I really don’t understand people anymore…

No, because those are, as you said, temporary appearance changes and forms not merely an aura surrounding a character, Beastmode can be up 100% of the time.

I agree that you don’t understand people, you can’t seriously be comparing Reaper Shroud to fart shroud can you? Who plays reaper and doesn’t love Reaper Shroud visuals? Yet the vast majority of the people who comment on the SB aura do not like it.

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

…Would this not also apply to Death/Reaper Shroud, Lich Form, Norn Animal Forms, and any other temporary appearance change? I really don’t understand people anymore…

No, because those are, as you said, temporary appearance changes and forms not merely an aura surrounding a character, Beastmode can be up 100% of the time.

I agree that you don’t understand people, you can’t seriously be comparing Reaper Shroud to fart shroud can you? Who plays reaper and doesn’t love Reaper Shroud visuals? Yet the vast majority of the people who comment on the SB aura do not like it.

I absolutely can compare them, because taste is subjective. I’ve no real problem with either version of the shroud, that doesn’t mean someone else may not like it.
Also, you used the phrase “majority of people who comment”. Can you with any honestly claim that that is the same as “vast majority of players”? Comparatively little of the player base bothers posting on these forums. ON just about any subject was you have are a bunch of loud minorities.

Hate is Fuel.

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I absolutely can compare them, because taste is subjective. I’ve no real problem with either version of the shroud, that doesn’t mean someone else may not like it.
Also, you used the phrase “majority of people who comment”. Can you with any honestly claim that that is the same as “vast majority of players”? Comparatively little of the player base bothers posting on these forums. ON just about any subject was you have are a bunch of loud minorities.

Sure, you can compare them, but to do so is not accurate because they are not the same thing. A temporary appearance change like Reaper Shroud is fine since it is temporary.

Regardless of whether or not people actually like the look of them, the option to not totally obscure your character with an aura should exist. Imagine if it were the opposite? “Whenever you use enter beastmode, your character will use the standard PvP character model”. Would that be acceptable?

I can honestly claim that the majority of people who comment is the same as the vast majority of players in just the same way that you can honestly claim that what we have is a bunch of loud minorities. Anecdotally.

When you conduct a poll, you can’t ask everyone, but just take a look at the overwhelming negativity about this aura over the whole internet, not just this forum.
google -> gw2 soulbeast aura
or for just this forum
google -> site:https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/ soulbeast aura