Please remove the anti-farming code

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nebojsha.3150

Nebojsha.3150

Anet, Why are you punishing players?
If I go out and kill mobs, I will get less loot until it gets near nothing. If I go do DEs, my rewards will become non existent. Now, with this new patch, even if I do dungeons, I will get less loot with time if I am competent enough to clear them fast?
I can live with having to do a lot of things to get something I want or having really small % chance. But this is actively preventing me from doing anything worth doing in the game. (On this point, I have 100% map completion, done almost all dungeons, over 1500 achievement points from PvE only. WvW I do not like and sPvP I do not want to play yet, so I want to play only PvE at this moment and ANet obviously wants to prevent me and others like me from doing it).

I understand that anti farming code in GW was to battle against bots, but now we have open world and its much easier to detect them. And I would like to see bot capable enough to clear dungeon. So, why are you doing this?

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

I’m hoping this is a kneejerk update to flatten the curve. I think a lot of people are making money too fast, and it probably needs to be balanced out, but the nerfs are definitely harsh. Changes the game too much.

If ANet is smart, they’ll start scaling it back up to the point where it’s worth doing, but won’t throw in more cash into the game than it can take out.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Even though I don’t have a firm stance on the anti-farming code, I will say infracting the poster for asking legitimate questions is very disheartening and disappointing.

I think he has valid questions even if I don’t have an strong opinion on them.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Cazio.2137

Cazio.2137

No, do not listen to the gold farmers. Keep it in place and at least make them work harder.

Posted by: Deith.7596

Deith.7596

@Cazio (quoting broken):
Because there is nothing better than busy work. Get rid of quest back tracking, double or even tripple the busy work in everything else. Well played, well played.

None of good stories starts with “I was drinking my milk when suddenly…”

Posted by: Gopher.4562

Gopher.4562

The GW2 forum moderators seem to be a bit infract happy. I received an infraction for asking people to stop feeding the trolls; and in the same post people just continued to troll it, and degrade other users while their posts received 0 infractions.

In anycase, the OP brings up a very valid concern and I feel that the infraction should be removed as well.

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

I hit the dynamic event cap in just 25 minutes today. How the hell am I gonna get the 1 million karma for my legendary weapon at this rate?!

Posted by: Gopher.4562

Gopher.4562

Strill, you should go try another zone instead of farming the same few events over and over :P

Posted by: Avatar.1923

^

they are “wower”.

they like repetition.

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

Strill, you should go try another zone instead of farming the same few events over and over :P

First of all I’m not farming the same events over and over. I’m farming as many different events as I can. In fact, this problem only started when I STOPPED farming the same events over and over. Second, going to another zone has no effect. I’ve tried switching zones and I was still getting 19 karma from a single event.

(edited by Strill.2591)

Posted by: CC Charles.3675

CC Charles.3675

Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please use the search tool before posting a thread with a topic that has already been created on the forum.

I will now close this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.