Please restore Guild Defender

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lostelf.3591

lostelf.3591

What happened to the Guild Defender shield? It used to be a gleaming silver shield, polished like a mirror, with your guild symbol emblazoned on it. It was one of my favorite shield skins in the game. Now it looks tarnished, dingy, and stained. And not in a cool, “I’m a veteran of many battles, so my shield is worn with use” way, but rather in a lame, “I’m too lazy to clean my shield, so I just let it rust” way. Please restore the former appearance!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Can you post a pic of how t looks to you? I’m not seeing it look any different to how it normally always has

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Looks like the same old super shiny shield

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

Hmmm looks different to me to – still shiny but the underlying texture looks tarnished

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Yes it is changed. I was skeptical but it is not the same.

Krytas Embrace and Guild Tower Shield less glossy aswell?

(edited by Justine.6351)

lostelf.3591

Here is what it looks like to me now. Definitely not the mirror-like shine I remember
Is it possible my graphics card is somehow rendering it differently than previously? Doesn’t seem likely, and I have not noticed any other signs of that.

Attachments:

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

For me it looks like this and I think it has always looked the same:

Attachments:

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Still as shiny as it ever was for me, nothing has changed here. Same with the Tower shield.

My suspicion is either a lighting or it no longer/doesn’t shines on medium or lower gfx settings

Attachments:

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

looks the same to me, no matter the settings. screenies were taken on medium settings (cos I wanted to know if it made a difference).

Attachments:

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

The shininess changes considerably depending on the shaders that you are using. Maybe that is the issue/reason?

lostelf.3591

Sure enough, my tarnished shield appears to have been caused by the shader effects having been lowered, probably when I last updated the driver for the graphics card. Upon using a higher setting, it regains its silvery luster. Thanks for the help!

Attachments: