Please revert instant ground targeting

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hellmasker.1649

Hellmasker.1649

It worked great before the big patch. Now if I want a skill at a specific spot, I’m forced to linger my cursor on it until it’s there. This is NOT a convenience. This is exactly the opposite of that.
If there are people who prefer the new instant ground targeting, can we please get an option for the old instant ground targeting?

REJOICE! Dwayna hath had her mercy on us; her battered and beaten, tired and taxed.
For we have held fast our ground and our loyalty to Tyria each and every day…
And it is time the Six show their blessings. Freedom for ALL doers of great and wondrous things!

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

“Fast with range indicator” does the same job just fine.

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

It worked great before the big patch. Now if I want a skill at a specific spot, I’m forced to linger my cursor on it until it’s there. This is NOT a convenience. This is exactly the opposite of that.
If there are people who prefer the new instant ground targeting, can we please get an option for the old instant ground targeting?

Agreed, I prefer the old fire and forget method.

Hellmasker.1649

“Fast with range indicator” does the same job just fine.

That’s true but it’s slower.

REJOICE! Dwayna hath had her mercy on us; her battered and beaten, tired and taxed.
And it is time the Six show their blessings. Freedom for ALL doers of great and wondrous things!

Posted by: preacher.9370

preacher.9370

yes, it gets annoying when you’re after a moving target.

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

I made a thread about this in the bug forums: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Instant-Cast-Allow-Skill-Retargeting-Broken

It really is super annoying

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You can turn off “Allow Skill Retargetting” instead since that is the thing that causes it to move.

Power.2957

“Allow Skill Retargeting” is too useful to turn off.

I think if we go by the description in the options panel this is clearly a bug.

“When using a skill that targets enemies, changing your target will cause the skill to update with the new target.”

That description implies it has nothing to do with ground targets, and that was how it functioned before this recent patch.

Khisanth.2948

“Allow Skill Retargeting” is too useful to turn off.

I think if we go by the description in the options panel this is clearly a bug.

“When using a skill that targets enemies, changing your target will cause the skill to update with the new target.”

That description implies it has nothing to do with ground targets, and that was how it functioned before this recent patch.

Definitely not a bug.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-July-26-2016-1/6256594

When the Allow Skill Retargeting option is enabled and instant ground targeting is used, any ground-targeted skill can now update its target point while the skill is preparing to execute.

Power.2957

This goes against the entire point of “instant” cast. If I’m in PvP and I throw an AoE down behind me and then pan my camera in front of me, this will now place AoEs in front of me. It hinders people with quick mechanics and the only way to stop it is to lose the ability to retarget channeled non-ground-targeted skills -_-

Hellmasker.1649

You can turn off “Allow Skill Retargetting” instead since that is the thing that causes it to move.

This still doesn’t revert most skills in my experience. With retargetting off and instant cast on, you can still move at least thief shortbow skills to where the hell ever until the arrow actually fires.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I hate to shamelessly plug myself but……if we had my suggestions added as I have put here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-for-better-Targeting-Skills/first#post6222192

I think it could solve all these issues?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Khisanth.2948

This still doesn’t revert most skills in my experience. With retargetting off and instant cast on, you can still move at least thief shortbow skills to where the hell ever until the arrow actually fires.

Those work fine for me. On the other hand I don’t see the point of this change.