Please revert the bugfixes to wintersday jp

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

while not being able to join for a while was annoying it was so much nicer having your own instance at some point. this jp is so annoying with other people in it.
give us our personal instances back pls.

Posted by: Seriously.7953

Seriously.7953

I totally disagree, having others in the instance makes it much more fun.

zaced.7948

it’s not about fun but presents per hour. other people lower my progress towards festive imbiber per time unit.

Posted by: Mizu.4508

Mizu.4508

I don’t agree. Trying to get into an instance and getting kicked out while my karma booster is wasting away got on my nerves last year. Every minute counts on the booster and at times I’ve lost up to 10 minutes on my booster because of queues. I don’t care if people want solo instances, if anet wanted us to do the jp in solo instances they would have made it that way but they didn’t.

Posted by: XPilo.5862

XPilo.5862

it’s not about fun but presents per hour. other people lower my progress towards festive imbiber per time unit.

I think you don’t understand the spirit of the wintersday.

zaced.7948

i think you don’t understand the spirit of “i want that piece of pixels asap”.

@mizu: you still get kicked out/can’t join. the only thing that changed is that instances close at some point now. the annoying thing is still here but the positive side of it is gone.

(edited by zaced.7948)

Posted by: Mizu.4508

Mizu.4508

if I take the portal yes, but speaking to the NPC I haven’t had any issues getting into the JP. Last year’s problem was the portal booted you out and talking to the NPC didn’t do anything either.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Last year for Wintersday we had a ton of bots in the jumping puzzle. One of their methods was to try to get into an instance by themselves (where the timer glitched out and never restarted, allowing them to farm endlessly with nobody else around) to reduce the risk of other players spotting and reporting them. It’s possible all the botters are the reason why we often times had trouble just getting into the map, where it would suddenly give us a second loading screen and we’d respawn in Divinity’s Reach. Often times it took me over 10 tries just to get into the instance.

At the time of writing, I haven’t logged into the game yet. But it sounds like they’ve made some improvements to the Winter Wonderland JP.

To be honest, when I read this thread’s title, I was expecting it to be a complaint about the fix to the presents in the JP randomly popping when they weren’t suppose to, where the fix had a negative impact on players. Instead, I find it’s just a complaint about not having the whole instance to one’s self.

/facepalm

There’s something charming about rangers.

zaced.7948

i haven’t even thought about bots!
bots are great, they crash the price of the beverages which i would greatly profit from. even more reason to give us the single player instance bug back.

Posted by: ValusArtex.1425

ValusArtex.1425

Getting real tired of EVERY world being full?

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

I don’t think they should. With the current setup, if you can get lucky and keep everyone in map while the other ip’s are also full, the map will bug. This will mean no timer and you can run as much as you want. Slowly people will drop out leaving only a few people. I was lucky and ran solo for about 2.5 hours till I accidentally click “Return to Divinity’s Reach” and screwed myself over. Was able to get 3 1/2 stacks in this time. plus 30 personalized. This couldn’t happen if they reverted it.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

i haven’t even thought about bots!
bots are great, they crash the price of the beverages which i would greatly profit from. even more reason to give us the single player instance bug back.

Perhaps you were just trying to be quirky, but the idea that players would want bots in a game just so they can profit or would want to put the efficiency of doing chores over fun is, in my opinion, a rather sad state of affairs.

Posted by: Ray Koopa.2354

Ray Koopa.2354

Not to mention bots get you banned So you might want to consider not discussing that further.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Did it get fixed today? Because I had my own instance last night.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

Nor the difference between a game and a job.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Getting annoyed because other people are in your way? Rushing to get as drunk as possible for no good reason?

Sounds like he understands the spirit of wintersday perfectly.

zaced.7948

Not to mention bots get you banned So you might want to consider not discussing that further.

i don’t bot myself. but if people use bots and farm presents and sell tons of beverages that greatly benefits me because it will lower the price and i can buy more for the same price.
that’s plain logic, why would plain logic get me banned?