Please speed up crafting

Please speed up crafting

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

It feels like a needless waste of time especially when refining stacks of materials.

Ranger | Elementalist

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

It feels like a needless waste of time especially when refining stacks of materials.

How badly do you need, I mean if it takes THAT Long that it bothers you, you could always just go do something else while you let it run. Get a glass of water, take a shower, talk to your dog. If everything that is a ‘needless waste’ of time according to you than gw2 would become a very boring game with totally 0 immersion.

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Feel free to visit any other MMO and refine stacks of materials there.

Then you’ll realize that Gw2 craft speed is like a hax.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I agree, +1.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Actually I think they were quite proud of the speed it ran at. It was a feature.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

It’s wonderfully fast imho. I remember Aion times, where I set up crafting for the night and then went to bed b/c it would take ages.

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I agree- it’s much faster than other MMOs.

Moreover, the time and “inconvenience” crafting takes is part of the materials economy, and makes crafting a little profitable and meaningful. Refined materials cost more as they are more convenient.

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Basically the whole game is a needless waste of time.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: dbill.7483

dbill.7483

Yep, complete waste of time. Not a single minute of game play time has increased my paycheck. I should uninstall right now. /sarcasm font off

Tootsie Popa | level 80 Guardian/Dragonhunter
[ODIN] [roam] Tarnished Coast
“The average player believes they are better than the average player”.

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

Remember though, when it comes to the speed and ease, if your planing on selling, the time it takes also adds to it.

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

What is going slow for you? I can refine a whole stack of something and it will be zipping right along. The slow bit is when I need to do discovery … especially when I miscounted how many of something I would need and do not have the mats on hand to just make it.

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

+1 to OP. End up stack up refining at times since you know you are going to be sitting doing nothing while you wait.

Other options:

• Allow us to queue multiple crafts at the same time so that they process in mass
  • Allow us to craft in sPvP lobby as we wait for a match
GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I just wish everything crafted at the same speed. Ascended stuff takes quite a while to craft. It’s even more ridiculous when it’s the time-gated stuff that you can only craft once per day.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Please speed up crafting

Wanze.8410

What would be the point of refining, if it was instant?

Please speed up crafting

Crimson Clouds.4853

I just wish everything crafted at the same speed. Ascended stuff takes quite a while to craft. It’s even more ridiculous when it’s the time-gated stuff that you can only craft once per day.

I think the increased length of time is there to make sure you have time to cancel the crafting on the more expensive items to craft.

It’s a layer of security so you don’t accidentally craft something that you didn’t mean to.

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Eh the main thing I’d like sped up is the bloodstone/asc dust stuff. Since I’m usually refining it 1-5 amount it goes super slow (as it starts slow then gets sped up). And I have to do it 3x so I can’t really leave since I have to start a new one in 15 sec anyways. It just means I’m staring at nothing for 60-75sec twice a day or so.

In other words just make things refine starting at max speed.

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

This!!! In Lotro you can refine a large stack of raw mats in about 30 minutes as related to GW2 where the same amount could take 2 minutes. Swtor you send companions on missions that can take 2+ hours.

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

That would really help actually, make it a benefit of being a good craftsman?
At 400 in a profession you start at max speed?

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: CadeRG.4508

CadeRG.4508

I personally think that crafting in Gw2 is amazing. It’s a lot more fast than other mmo’s where it takes like 1 second per material when refining.

Vaulting daredevil leap frog teef of AoE destruction

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

the few mats which take longer really are not needed in the thousands…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

I have been at the Anet headquarter once during one of their happy hours, no sport game on TV, everyone drinking and mesmerizedly watching a progress bar loading. And i ate all their wings and snacks.

Jokes aside, is it too much to ask a single progress bar when you want to craft a full stack of things. For those of you who are readying the “oh but other MMO are much slower”, well , i don’t care and other MMOs and it’s their business. This is GW2 and we only talk about GW2. Issues don’t go away just because other games’ issues are worse.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

(edited by quaniesan.8497)

Please speed up crafting

Crimson Clouds.4853

If you’re finding crafting too slow, pay me a premium and I’ll do your crafting for you.

Oh wait, isn’t that what’s happening on the TP already?

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I agree, +1.

It’s a needful waste of time, not a needless one. The idea is to slow down production so that refining or crafting items requires some time investment and therefore has marketplace value. You’ll notice that the more you refine, the faster it goes and the lower-level crafting is faster than higher tiers; that’s all part of a deliberate design to add value to the process.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

heh, indeed… has anyonehere ever played SWG and crafted there? some things take hours… or even days depending on what and how much of something you are crafting…

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

What’s next? Leveling is too slow? 8-)

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I can not +1 this post enough.

I have crafted 9,000 mithril ingots before. took over an hour. you better believe I was not sitting there watching it tick down 1 by 1. but that doesn’t negate the need to make it go faster. I don’t think it should be instant either, just a little faster than it is. maybe have it ramp up every 250?

what actually annoys me more than the speed is the inconsistency. steel ingots are like 8 per second, while mithril is like 2 per second. I agree that some things should take longer (such as items), but everything in the same category should take the same time. refining should be 8 per second, components should be 4 per second, inscriptions should be 2 per second, items should be 1 per second, etc.) that sort of thing.

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

swg crafting in a nutshell to make a “piece” of armor (9 pieces per set of armor).

composite armor gloves:
Requires 10 units of Wooly Hide
Requires 10 units of Beyrllius Copper
Requires 10 units of Aluminum
Requires 15 units of Nabooian Fiberplast
Requires 25 units of Intrusive Ore
Requires 25 units of Known Solid Petrochem Fuel
- Requires 1 Reinforced Fiber Panel
Requires 5 units of Metal (Total:5)
Requires 5 units of Inert Petrochemical (Total:5)
Requires 15 units of Fiberplast (Total:15)
Requires 5 units of Fiberplast (Total:5)
Requires 1 Biological component (Optional)
- Requires 2 identical Synthetic Cloth
Requires 4 units of Inert Petrochemical (Total:8)
Requires 16 units of Fiberplast (Total:32)
Requires 1 Biological component (Optional)
- Requires 1 Composite Armor Segment
Requires 3 units of Steel (Total:3)
Requires 5 units of Steel (Total:5)
Requires 10 units of Metal (Total:10)
Requires 1 Base Armor Segment Enhancement (Optional)
Requires 1 Armor Layer (Optional)
Requires 5 units of Low-Grade Ore
Requires 8 units of Known Inert Gas
Requires 20 units of Metal
Requires 8 units of Polymer

each of those units has 9 sets of numbers ranging from 1-1000 (1 being worst 1000 being best)
Cold Resistance
Conductivity
Decay Resistance
Entangle Resistance
Flavor
Heat Resistance
Malleability
Overal Quality
Potential Energy
Shock Resistance
Unit Toughness

to make decent armor a specific 4 stats of those listed above has to be 900+ and those numbers are randomly generated weekly/monthly by the server. It spawns, stays a week, then disappears FOREVER…
so it could literally be YEARS before you get a specific spawn of a resource to make good armor with.

you have to sample all the materials either by hand or buy and/or make a harvester requiring its own set of materials listed above… to place to pull those resources for you.

once you have all that, then you get to craft the item, which based on some class modifiers and clothing buffs etc could turn it to kitten or make you a nice item. now… you have 8 more pieces to go! good luck!

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Now I am curious. What would you need that many mithril ingots for?

The speed always seems fast to me, especially if you compare it to the RL process it is emulating. Sure, a lot of something takes longer but it normally would.

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

The speed always seems fast to me, especially if you compare it to the RL process it is emulating. Sure, a lot of something takes longer but it normally would.

One of the reasons that some forms of crafting are profitable is most likely due to the time it takes.

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

One of the reasons that some forms of crafting are profitable is most likely due to the time it takes.

I agree, if it was quicker, more people do it, or more of them be out on the market quicker.

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I think the increased length of time is there to make sure you have time to cancel the crafting on the more expensive items to craft.

It’s a layer of security so you don’t accidentally craft something that you didn’t mean to.

Used that once when I accidentally clicked on dowels instead of planks.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Please speed up crafting

Wanze.8410

I was writing a response to your post but went off topic a bit and decided to post it in my forum blog about the economy.

If you want to read, you can read it here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/I-have-a-question-about-the-economy/page/21#post5625411

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

lol, crafting for profits. buy mithril, make components/items, sell components/items. when you include inscriptions, runes, sigils, and others that aren’t coming to mind, it adds up quickly.

As I said, it should take time. but it should take the same time. steel and darksteel are way quicker than mithril, for example. components are also all over the place (weaponsmith is hella slow while armorsmith is hella fast)

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: Chpoit.6498

Chpoit.6498

Yes it’s true that it’s slow when you refine 12000 of mat X into 6000 of mat Xb and it takes 40 minutes (I did the math, and said thing, multiple times), but if crafting was faster, you wouldn’t be able to make money off of crafting as people would bombrush every profitable recipe and suddenly you’d have 5000000 of the item you just crafted instead of having the time to craft it.

Please speed up crafting

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

GW2 already has the fastest crafting I have ever witnessed in an mmorpg. I’m more than happy with the speed.