Please stop buffing Warriors

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Loic.4367

Loic.4367

I’m going to say right now this isn’t a QQ thread. I don’t play PvP of any kind, I have a warrior alt, and I hold no grudge against the profession itself.

But seriously, ArenaNet. Please stop buffing the Warrior. Warriors are not at all in the worst state. Looking at the bug list on the Warrior board, most issues are either not profession specific, tooltip errors, or just complaints and not actual bugs. Looking at patch notes, Warriors have no received a single nerf since launch and received several buffs. Every other profession has been nerfed to some degree at least (sometimes much more significantly than others), and many of them still have serious issues or obvious shortcomings.

I’m not complaining that Warriors are too strong, and I’m not demanding that they be nerfed. But please, at the very least stop buffing them.

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

I agree but it’s not so much that they’re being buffed, but rather that they’re being given any attention at all when the other 7 professions all have higher priority bugs that need fixing.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I agree but it’s not so much that they’re being buffed, but rather that they’re being given any attention at all when the other 7 professions all have higher priority bugs that need fixing.

Did you see the list of fixes and buffs for necros? No? Perhaps you were looking at the wrong page then.

Posted by: Rangle.2539

Rangle.2539

I think we should put our faith for Anet. They have all the statistic and data. I am sure they know what they are doing with the Warriors.

Posted by: siepher.9408

siepher.9408

so warriors get 10% dmg buff on longbow and added some projectile finishers and a fix on a tooltip for bulls charge for the patch, while most other classes get a large list of bug fixes and adjustments. clearly Anet favours warriors

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

so warriors get 10% dmg buff on longbow and added some projectile finishers and a fix on a tooltip for bulls charge for the patch, while most other classes get a large list of bug fixes and adjustments. clearly Anet favours warriors

Ya, because the Warrior class is clearly not one of the, if not the, most powerful and robust classes in the game right now. I mean, when I WvW I all I see is an endless swarm of Rangers, Necros and Engineers. I rarely, if ever, see a Warrior. You guys clearly needed a good amount of attention. The Ranger got 0 updates last round, it’s only fair the Warrior see the majority of the love this time.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Krypal.5968

Krypal.5968

Buff warriors nerf engineers…go figure

Comment not meant as an attack against warriors but devs don’t seem to be seeing the same things as the players.
There’s good reasons that there are so many warriors and so few engineers.

siepher.9408

Ya, because the Warrior class is clearly not one of the, if not the, most powerful and robust classes in the game right now. I mean, when I WvW I all I see is an endless swarm of Rangers, Necros and Engineers. I rarely, if ever, see a Warrior. You guys clearly needed a good amount of attention. The Ranger got 0 updates last round, it’s only fair the Warrior see the majority of the love this time.

are we even reading the same patch notes? i won;t argue that rangers need even more love than they got in this patch but the warrior fixes were so very very minor. 1 buff and some tooltip updates.

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I do agree that maybe they could skip Warriors for a patch and use some of their resources to fix classes that are really needing it.

Substance E.4852

are we even reading the same patch notes? i won;t argue that rangers need even more love than they got in this patch but the warrior fixes were so very very minor. 1 buff and some tooltip updates.

It has nothing to do with what we got and everything to do with the best class in the game complaining because they didn’t get anything. I’m not going to claim to know much about the warrior’s in’s and out’s, but whatever problems you guys have to deal with, it’s obviously not holding you back much and you certainly didn’t come out if it any worse off than before.

siepher.9408

It has nothing to do with what we got and everything to do with the best class in the game complaining because they didn’t get anything. I’m not going to claim to know much about the warrior’s in’s and out’s, but whatever problems you guys have to deal with, it’s obviously not holding you back much and you certainly didn’t come out if it any worse off than before.

i’m not complaining that i didn’t get anything, i’m trying to argue the point that OMG Anet is focusing on warriors too much is silly when all they did was change a number and some text.

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Looking at the bug list on the Warrior board, most issues are either not profession specific, tooltip errors, or just complaints and not actual bugs.

your arguments dont get any better if you lie! a few major warrior traits are indeed BUGGED for ages, see fast hands or crackshot.

Substance E.4852

i’m not complaining that i didn’t get anything, i’m trying to argue the point that OMG Anet is focusing on warriors too much is silly when all they did was change a number and some text.

Fair enough.

I did think the longbow buff was rather odd given that I can’t actually recall ever seeing a warrior use a bow although maybe that was their reasoning.

siepher.9408

Fair enough.

I did think the longbow buff was rather odd given that I can’t actually recall ever seeing a warrior use a bow although maybe that was their reasoning.

TBH i use the bow frequently so this update had me smiling ear to ear.

Loic.4367

Looking at the bug list on the Warrior board, most issues are either not profession specific, tooltip errors, or just complaints and not actual bugs.

your arguments dont get any better if you lie! a few major warrior traits are indeed BUGGED for ages, see fast hands or crackshot.

I wanted to mostly avoid entering whatever discussion developed out of this thread, but I feel I should point out two things. Firstly, regarding Fast Hands, very recently I saw a red post stating that Fast Hands is only bugged directly after equipping it, and otherwise functions normally after rezoning, after which the poster stressed that fixing this error in the brief window Fast Hands doesn’t function is exceedingly difficult. The trait will still work, just with an extremely small inconvenience. Second, that in my original post I was saying that the most (not all) of items on the Warrior bug compilation were the things I listed. I concede that many are legitimate issues, but the vast majority are tooltip errors, certain issues are shared with other profession’s skills (such as Rush and Ride the Lighting), and others are merely complaints, such as thinking the projectile for Bolas is too small or Rifle Butt range feeling too short.

(edited by Loic.4367)

Posted by: Trollface.9186

Trollface.9186

Don’t you know? Warriors are Jon Peters favorite class.

Posted by: KeikoTerada.1963

KeikoTerada.1963

Does the OP and the other people complaining think that there is like, one person at ArenaNet working on fixing everything?

And that one person twiddled with Warriors first and ignored everything else?

SERIOUSLY?

Jeez, THINK about it! There will be a team of people. The team member assigned to fix the Warrior stuff probably had the easiest job, finished up before the others, and therefore simply got their stuff out soonest.

I really can’t believe it means that Warriors were higher priority, or that Warriors are the main focus, or that other stuff isn’t being worked on at the same time. It’s simply not plausible.

Substance E.4852

Does the OP and the other people complaining think that there is like, one person at ArenaNet working on fixing everything?

And that one person twiddled with Warriors first and ignored everything else?

SERIOUSLY?

Jeez, THINK about it! There will be a team of people. The team member assigned to fix the Warrior stuff probably had the easiest job, finished up before the others, and therefore simply got their stuff out soonest.

I really can’t believe it means that Warriors were higher priority, or that Warriors are the main focus, or that other stuff isn’t being worked on at the same time. It’s simply not plausible.

It’s actually just 2 people.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/General-Patch-Discussion-merged/page/3

There are >500 skills in this game, 480 traits, and 2 designers working on this. Even then often we are bottle necked by other issues. I’m not going to say we are not working on these things, nor can I say there are things we could have changed but just ran out of time on, but this was a patch that contained ranger improvements and it will not be the last one that does so. Maybe you want more than honesty but that is what I currently have to offer.

Posted by: Reclusiarh.2674

Reclusiarh.2674

I never liked this kind of threads in any previous games I played, so neither do now. complaining about other classes but your own. I simply don’t see any logic behind this kind of thinking. I you picked on thief, that would be understandable, everyone is complaining about them. But warriors? go check the warriors forum, and tell them there to nerf warriors.
Every class has it cons and pros, you can’t just pick one and bash it.
Except maybe the thief

Guild wars should be war between orders, because orders are guilds too.

Posted by: KeikoTerada.1963

KeikoTerada.1963

It’s actually just 2 people.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/General-Patch-Discussion-merged/page/3

There are >500 skills in this game, 480 traits, and 2 designers working on this. Even then often we are bottle necked by other issues. I’m not going to say we are not working on these things, nor can I say there are things we could have changed but just ran out of time on, but this was a patch that contained ranger improvements and it will not be the last one that does so. Maybe you want more than honesty but that is what I currently have to offer.

Well, I take it back then. Although it is indeed a team of more than one person… I concede that just two seems ridiculous. So implausible, that I simply wouldn’t have believed it if Jon Peters hadn’t said it.

There is a ton of stuff they need to address… they clearly know that… and yet they only have two people working on it all…? Is that not crazy?!

(edited by KeikoTerada.1963)

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

2 things are a constant…..
Warriors will be buffed
Elementalists will be nerfed

it will happen every patch it seems (well we got away with a decen buff ONCE, but not enough to make the class viable).

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Altosk.8492

Altosk.8492

Did you see the list of fixes and buffs for necros? No? Perhaps you were looking at the wrong page then.

Did you not see the unneeded nerfs to classes that needed buffs or the nerfs that just shouldn’t have happened in the first place? No? Perhaps you were looking at the wrong page then.

WTB Color Blind Mode 100g+50e

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

regarding Fast Hands, very recently I saw a red post stating that Fast Hands is only bugged directly after equipping it, and otherwise functions normally after rezoning, after which the poster stressed that fixing this error in the brief window Fast Hands doesn’t function is exceedingly difficult. The trait will still work, just with an extremely small inconvenience.

that’s exactly the point: your opinions come from what you’ve read not from what you’ve know. The red post is wrong (before patch, didnt test after patch).

Posted by: GrapeGatsby.6937

GrapeGatsby.6937

All I’m hearing from these posts and the sub-forums for professions is “WTF buff my class it’s underpowered has lots of bugs” translated “WTF I can’t hold my own in pvp please buff my class so I can just roll my face on the keyboard and win”. Everyone cries about their class being underpowered or unjustly nerfed, there are indeed classes that need buffs, however please take a look around before assuming that YOUR class is the weakest of them all.
Oh yeah and just out of curiosity what kind of buff would you want for warriors in WvW? It’s a zerg fest 0 skill required just mash buttons like everyone else, it’s basically pve Dynamic Events but with players as mobs, so calm your kitten

Loic.4367

regarding Fast Hands, very recently I saw a red post stating that Fast Hands is only bugged directly after equipping it, and otherwise functions normally after rezoning, after which the poster stressed that fixing this error in the brief window Fast Hands doesn’t function is exceedingly difficult. The trait will still work, just with an extremely small inconvenience.

that’s exactly the point: your opinions come from what you’ve read not from what you’ve know. The red post is wrong (before patch, didnt test after patch).

Well, I just did a quick check and fortunately now I do know. It seems as though I misread the post by a bit, however, so here we have the genuine article: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Warrior-changes-in-15th-Nov-patch/first#post745583

It is behaving as was described in the red, having the first weapon swap be normal and having the reduction applied to all weapon swaps following.

(edited by Loic.4367)

siepher.9408

Well, I just did a quick check and fortunately now I do know. It seems as though I misread the post by a bit, however, so here we have the genuine article: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Warrior-changes-in-15th-Nov-patch/first#post745583

It is behaving as was described in the red, having the first weapon swap be normal and having the reduction applied to all weapon swaps following.

if you read further down some players have tested it (as have I) and it definitely is NOT only broken on the first weapon swap

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

10% damage buff on our least favored (for a reason) weapon, and some projectile finishers for those all important underwater weapons. Elsewhere in the patch:

Thief backstab builds in WvW can still 1-shot a dozen people simultaneously, since the nerf didn’t affect them. Mesmers can still portal 500 billion people, ele’s can still use all 750 of their weapon skills without needing a weapon swap, guardians can still bunker well enough to withstand 4 million warriors beating on them, necros got buffed in a major way (they maybe needed it) and rangers got ignored (which they also needed)

Yeah, you keep singing that old tune “woe is me, woe is me….”

siepher.9408

10% damage buff on our least favored (for a reason) weapon, and some projectile finishers for those all important underwater weapons. Elsewhere in the patch:

Thief backstab builds in WvW can still 1-shot a dozen people simultaneously, since the nerf didn’t affect them. Mesmers can still portal 500 billion people, ele’s can still use all 750 of their weapon skills without needing a weapon swap, guardians can still bunker well enough to withstand 4 million warriors beating on them, necros got buffed in a major way (they maybe needed it) and rangers got ignored (which they also needed)

sarcsm doesn’t convey over the internet well does it…….

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

ele’s still FORCED to use all 750 of their weapon skills without doing half dmg than a warrior…..with 1/10 survivability and yet had his OFFENSIVE combos nerfed (because bunker was a problem ._.)

fixed for you…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

I cant believe everyone here hasnt seen what im about to say- how do you know that Warriors arent ArenaNET’s ‘control’ class? In order to balance classes you need a reference and it seems that all other have been balanced but Warriors who have had very few changes since launch. Warriors are the reference and all other classes have been changed to be balanced with Warrior skills.

FYI im a warrior and while I would like a few changes just for the fun of it, they arent needed. I think Warriors are pretty balanced personally.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

All the professions desperately need major overhauls in many areas. Warriors are no exception. Getting a worthless buff like 10% damage to the longbow’s autoattack doesn’t mean all the HB Warriors you always see suddenly got any stronger. It always gets on my nerves when people just see a single blurb that’s not relevant whatsoever to any element of the meta and scream about how the whole class is being buffed or nerfed.

How many stance Warriors do you see running around? How about signet Warriors that aren’t that stupid precision build? How viable is a banner build? I’d bring up physical moves but people would just focus on all the HB Warriors running BR. Shoot, how viable is combining various build types rather than just stacking one kind of move? Fact of the matter is, there’s a high precision, high damage glass cannon HB Warrior, and then there’s everything else. Shouts as your alternate PvE/sPvP build, and it was laterally nerfed along with everyone else’s healing builds.

Obviously many professions have it worse. But complaining about one over the other at this point is just stupid. They’re all in a very bad place right now, with only about one to three viable builds across the whole professions. Concepts that were supposed to lend themselves to making any build viable obviously did not work at all. Many builds lack any sense of distinctiveness, or are outright flawed in their very design. I honestly don’t think you’ll ever see the richness of GW1 style building in this game. Really, I don’t think you’ll ever see even a fraction of it, because the core design is bad, and judging from the lack of progress so far, ANet has no intention of ever making even basic changes, much less dramatic ones.

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Are you kidding? That was a complete list of junk for necros LOL. JUNK!

Alberel Leonhart.9640

Err with regards to the ele point… you realise number of skills has nothing to do with any concept of strength right?

Ele’s are basically forced into bunker builds due to their poor survivability, yet ANet tackles the issue by nerfing the bunker build rather than giving players incentives to use other builds. That’s just bad balancing.

Warriors are the only profession that didn’t get nerfed this patch. Actually they haven’t been nerfed at all since launch. Be glad.

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

And just a fair question, what would you nerf in the warrior class as it is?
Something that won’t make all players shelve the class for indefinite amount of time?

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Something that won’t make all players shelve the class for indefinite amount of time?

And a slight buff to longbow damage that maybe 1 in 50 warriors use is game breaking some how?

Posted by: BurnedToast.3781

BurnedToast.3781

I wouldn’t nerf warriors.

I’d STOP BUFFING THEM then take a look at the non-power classes in the game (you know, everything that’s not warrior, GU, Thief, and mesmer) and maybe use my magic buff powder on them instead.

At this point, they aren’t even bothering to thinly disguise the favoritism.

Alberel Leonhart.9640

No one here is saying to nerf warriors. They don’t need any nerfs.

Compared to the other professions though they’re in the best overall shape. They have the fewest bugs and one of the highest damage outputs alongside a very solid variety of builds (including support options).

No other profession can be said to have all that. Guardians come close but their traits are a mess compared warriors.

ANet needs to start prioritising professions for fixes based on which are most in need of attention. The necromancer got a lot of attention in this patch which was good because they had the largest total amount of bugs (it was over 100 iirc). The ranger was in an equally bad shape though yet the devs didn’t give them anywhere near as much attention (despite promising to). If they had left the warrior alone and prioritised the ranger maybe they could have seen more fixes.

tl;dr – Warriors should be low priority for any bug fixes or balance changes as they’re currently in the best overall state. ANet needs to focus those resources on other professions in more dire need of attention.

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Warriors actually might need buffs:

Taken from http://www.gw2league.com/rankings-spvp.aspx

Top tournament classes:

Guardian 8
Mesmer 7
Elementalist 6
Thief 6
Engineer 4