Plz give back unlimited guesting for temples

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

we all know how megaserver screwed temples by making it impossible to know when they’re up.

However, there was one saving point. After that patch, you had unlimited guesting to any server. So you can keep guesting to all servers until you find one with temples.

But they just changed it back to 2 guestings a day. Looking for temples is harder than ever.

Please give back unlimited guesting. Or give us a way to do temples.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Thareen.5471

Thareen.5471

It´s also a huge drawback for Tequatl and 3H-Wurm. Prior to patch you (the whole guild, that means 100-150 players at once) could just try to guest somewhere until you find one empty enough to do it with the guild. Now you have two tries, if you can´t find one with those two then you are either forced to do it with randoms while splitting up your guild over five different maps or just forget about it. I personally are fed up with randoms and rather log out to play something else to relax. Organizing an Tequatl with randoms is a headache worth at best. 3H-Wurm is just impossible with them.
At least give guilds a chance to make it instanced during primetime.
The so called megaserver-algorithm for guilds still does not work.
Waiting till midnight to spawn it manually when almost no one is around anymore is not an option. Some people actually have to go to work the next morning. There is a reason we do these events on primetime.

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

It´s also a huge drawback for Tequatl and 3H-Wurm. Prior to patch you (the whole guild, that means 100-150 players at once) could just try to guest somewhere until you find one empty enough to do it with the guild. Now you have two tries, if you can´t find one with those two then you are either forced to do it with randoms while splitting up your guild over five different maps or just forget about it. I personally are fed up with randoms and rather log out to play something else to relax. Organizing an Tequatl with randoms is a headache worth at best. 3H-Wurm is just impossible with them.
At least give guilds a chance to make it instanced during primetime.
The so called megaserver-algorithm for guilds still does not work.
Waiting till midnight to spawn it manually when almost no one is around anymore is not an option. Some people actually have to go to work the next morning. There is a reason we do these events on primetime.

Not true, you can still join each other’s map after you’ve guested to other worlds through the join feature. Which means if you have 12 people in your guild each choose a two different worlds to guest, you exhaust all worlds preference. Then you can join on one of those 12 people.

Stars.2179

we all know how megaserver screwed temples by making it impossible to know when they’re up.

However, there was one saving point. After that patch, you had unlimited guesting to any server. So you can keep guesting to all servers until you find one with temples.

But they just changed it back to 2 guestings a day. Looking for temples is harder than ever.

Please give back unlimited guesting. Or give us a way to do temples.

Unlimited guesting has so much potential for exploit especially with permanent nodes. Good thing they closed it.

Thareen.5471

I am not talking about 12 people. Read that part above again please. The 100-150 players even got mentioned. No point doing it with an guild on an guildrun when you have those numbers, only to split them up.
Maps fill up fast and the cap is also reached very fast.

Edit: your mentioned guesting method was tested too, does not work.

Stars.2179

I am not talking about 12 people. Read that part above again please. The 100-150 players even got mentioned. No point doing it with an guild on an guildrun when you have those numbers, only to split them up.

It’s you who must read it again. If you have 100-150 players, you sure can have 12 of them split up and guest to different servers. Once you find an empty map, they can ferry all other ones in.

Thareen.5471

Anwered too fast? There was an edited part^^

Stars.2179

What do you mean it does not work?

Edit: I’m pretty sure guesting work and the join feature work.

(edited by Stars.2179)

Thareen.5471

Your players do not get thrown into 20 different maps like when you let them guest everywhere (prior to megaserver), they land on 4 up to 5 maps and from there you have to make the best out of it. All of those maps have maybe 20 free slots. Your guildrun get scattered and you can either give up, join the try on the map or even take over. But doing your own run is out of the question. We did extensive testing on all these possibilities, the outcome is far from encouraging.

Edit: Joining works only until the map is full. Don´t even hope that around 100 randoms will leave the map even when there is no organized event up.

Stars.2179

Your players do not get thrown into 20 different maps like when you let them guest everywhere (prior to megaserver), they land on 4 up to 5 maps and from there you have to make the best out of it. All of those maps have maybe 20 free slots. Your guildrun get scattered and you can either give up, join the try on the map or even take over. But doing your own run is out of the question. We did extensive testing on all these possibilities, the outcome is far from encouraging.

Edit: Joining works only until the map is full. Don´t even hope that around 100 randoms will leave the map even when there is no organized event up.

Then your problem lies with megaserver not with limited guesting

Thareen.5471

It´s actually both. We managed to still get it to work on megaservers through the unlimited guesting. Sometimes you just have to try up to 6 times until it works. Now you have only 2 tries.
Guilds suffer due to the latest changes and the sad thing is that with every update it gets worse.

Stars.2179

Now you have only 2 tries.

I think you need to learn how to multiply. You said you have 100 – 150 people. 100 × 2 = 200 tries. 150 × 2 = 300 tries.

Either that, or I don’t think you understand how “guesting” work now.

[EG] and [TTS] have had really successful runs with Teq without even need to guest =)

Thareen.5471

The mentioned try is called guestpass.
Of course you can try the same guestpass all over again 10 times, but:
Try to imagine how an average player who just home from work thinks. When it takes 1 hour to get to join an event that is finished in 15minutes they get restless/bored whatever. This is why they joined a specialized guild in the first place and this is why we usually do the “getting all into one map” within 5 up to 10 minutes. Organising itself also takes up to 5 minutes at maximum, then the event will start. 10 minutes for all or 1 hour for all, what sounds better for them?
When they have to go to character select 10 times they get kittened. Try to work with the masses and try to understand them. Not everyone is so understanding and just keeps trying.
The guesting system does not work reliable since megaserver. It´s not supposed to work at all since then.
About the succesful runs, of couse we still have our 99% killrate that one will not change. It´s about getting all in one map. No point in splitting on up to five maps. Whats the point of the guild then when you can´t do stuff together? And i mean all of them!

Edit: some random error messages while posting appear and some parts of the text are missing after postig. Yay, more fun with editing.

(edited by Thareen.5471)

Stars.2179

On a second thought I think I just realized what you are trying to do.

Ok I guessing that you have your ENTIRE guild guesting to say “Borlis Pass”? and then if it doesn’t work, you have your ENTIRE guild guesting to something else say “Devona Rest” and so on until it works (for most members) yes?

In a sense by luck you made that method works in the past but I can see now that doesn’t work anymore. This is how megaserver and guesting work (or that’s how I observed it to work).

1. Each world dooesn’t have its own instance of a map anymore (I guess you already know this)

2. When an instance of a map is created, it is fill with people of certain worlds in some (unknown to outsiders, only devs know the spec) way through either preference, language, guilds, friend list or some specified data collected the server.

This means

3. People of more than one worlds might be on the same map (consistently during the life time of that map)

4. “Guesting” set your weighted preference to those people of the world you selected and megaserver will try to place you in that map

Here are some curious data I took during the night before this patch:
If you type /ip it will give you the ip addresses of the map you’re on. Like right at this moment on Tarnish Coast – Bloodtide Coast: /ip is 64.25.38.200:0
For the id purpose, I only wrote down the last 2-3 numbers before the colon
This is the data for Gendarran Field on the night May 19, 2014

Devona’s Rest, Sorrow’s Furnance, Isle of Janthir, Sanctum of Rall, Maguma: map ip is 32
Crystal Desert, Northern Shiverpeaks, Gate of Madness, Anvil Rock: map ip is 52
Tarnished Coast: 57
Dragonbrand: 75
Jade Quarry: 78
Blackgate: 90
Borlis Pass, Eredon Terrace, Yak’s Bend, Henge of Denravi: 220
Kaineng, Ehmry Bay, Fergusson Cross, Fort Aspenwood, Dark Haven, Stormbuff Isle: 221
Sea of Sorrows: 238

That is how map population were grouped together on that night on Gendarran Field. Obviously it changes on each map and each day.

But you see, “weighted preference” is vague to outsider without inside data from devs, so we players can only guess in the dark (yes there are observable data but much is still unknown)

Something we don’t know:

During Teq, new Sparkfly maps are created, what are the criteria to place people in those maps? OR is it just basically overflow? – That we don’t know

Will it (the megaserver) try to place people into previous maps (because of weighted preference) before these “overflow” map first or will it split people evenly – That we don’t know.

Nevertheless guesting will never place you into an empty map unless the map you guested in is currently a new “overflow” map, in which case it wouldn’t be the correct map you wanted to guest in to begin with.

So telling your entire guild to guest into say Borlis Pass will only mean the megaserver will place some of your guild into Borlis Pass as much as it can – maybe 20-30, then the rest will be in some other maps, which you would be scattered out anyway

You can try guesting (previously pre patch) on another server and keep doing so until you’re lucky all the servers are full and one of you get placed into a freshly created map, then you can ferry the rest in. But why do that?

Instead you can try these:

1. Mass log out and log back in to hope that one of you get placed into a newly created map.
2. Have 12 designated officer/people each guest on a different server. Type /ip and write down the ip associated with map. Then proceed to ferry people in each of those map until they are full and write down which ip map is already full. Then hopefully new maps will be created. Have people log out and log back in (don’t guest) just log in and see if they are placed into new maps.

But you can see all guesting does now is set your preference.

Sorry megaserver suck for mega organized activities. But hopefully this information will help you out.

Thareen.5471

What you just posted is well known in our ranks, we just don´t advertise it that much. This we took into consideration too. Since the new patch yesterday there are just some extra difficulties now to consider. Before that you could acutally play with the system and get it to work in your favor when you have the numbers and the knowledge. This does not work anymore. Thats the problem.

Stars.2179

The new patch makes it more difficult, but not impossible (TTS had a hard time with their technique too). And yes it took away your advantage of being to collect data freely but it’s still possible to set up.

I hope the ip technique is getting well known now. I hope that can help other guilds to get together on their missions/teq wurm kill easier.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Gw2community forces overflows all the time since it is often more than 150 people per attempt (3 attempts at wurm per day) trying there is always people who do not get in and would not get in anyway. They kill teq this way and they kill wurm this way. There are people from every EU server I think doing this and not once has the idea of guesting even entered into the discussion.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I hope the ip technique is getting well known now. I hope that can help other guilds to get together on their missions/teq wurm kill easier.

All the ip technique does is let you monitor which ip address you are on or loading onto. That is all.

It does nothing to help the problems with megaserver or getting 100+ guildies onto the same map …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver