Plz stop spamming the pro gamer crap in game.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: teegees.9638

teegees.9638

Thanks .

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

What’s a Pro Gamer crap exactly mean?

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

Pro League ESL maybe?

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Most of the time I think this kind of complaint is silly, but I have to agree in this case. I understand this is important to them and they want to promote it. But I could care less. An option to not see a given message again would be appreciated. I would prefer not to have it cluttering up the screen the entire time I play and every time I zone.

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

I have nearly 6,000 PvP games and have been playing around since beta.

I must say proudly annoucing a cash prize in an unbalanced and buggy mess is an insult to Esports. Adding more insult to injury is the very small PvP community.

Stop it ArenaNet.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Agreed, nobody cares about this nonsense, if we aren’t there, then we don’t want to be there.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Lolyta.4582

Lolyta.4582

“ESL” means “English as a Second Language.” So every time that pops up on my screen, I’m like “Huh? GW2 has linguistic classes now?”

Please remove the spam. Thanks.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

In Guild Wars 1, tournaments were frequent and high ranked PvP results were actually reported in chat – and nobody minded. The game’s competitive scene was ahead of its time and people could ignore the occasional message, spectate in game (not just on twitch) or just keep an eye on the chat and occasionally cheer when a team with a funny name won a match. It was perfect.

Fast-forward to Guild Wars 2. Every loading screen. An immovable piece of clutter in the top right of the screen. It’s not the end of the world, but what’s it for? A game that, despite a lot of effort, just isn’t suitable to be an “e-sport”. PvP is boring to watch, it’s decided by invisible traits and large cluster-kittens of special effects. The game modes aren’t exactly the most interesting to watch either. Stronghold was a good attempt, but I still wouldn’t want to watch people playing it.

When the prize pool reaches $10m and is funded by the playerbase out of sheer anticipation of the event, then I’ll happily accept this stuff clogging up my screen. Until then, please stop begging for my attention – I don’t care if some people I’ve never heard of are playing PvP.

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I just want it off my UI. I don’t give a rip about watching people play video games on streams. If I want anything to do with a video game, I play it, I don’t watch other people play it.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

An immovable piece of clutter in the top right of the screen.

This is what bothers me. I don’t want Spirit Vale or Pro League appearing in my personal story/dailies list on the right side. It’s not content I want to do, so why not be able to disable or hide it?

Of course, that’s probably too much to ask when selecting “Disable personal story” in the content guide options won’t even get rid of personal story in the content guide.

(edited by Auralae.7482)

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

I never did understand the concept of watching people that I don’t even know play a video game, guess that I’m the minority nowadays.

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

I never did understand the concept of watching people that I don’t even know play a video game, guess that I’m the minority nowadays.

Do not watch this also. When I do PvP do not want to watch other player PvP. Very boring. I like play a game not watch some other person play it.

Just look at twitch stream only 2,780 watch when I look. That not very many for all GW2 player. But I guess some people do like.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

If they really want people to watch, they just need to give away ascended gear boxes or unique skins.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

If they really want people to watch, they just need to give away ascended gear boxes or unique skins.

They kinda already do.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Agreed, nobody cares about this nonsense

I arrived there, and more than a handful of people I know arrived there because of the ad. They’ve never been really good about getting schedules out. So me, and the 9,000 other people that watched EU, probably would disagree with you.

It’s pretty common to think your opinion is fact, but you need to try to move beyond your own mind and think about other people and what they want.

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

I care less about esports than I do about regular sports. I am sick of Anet trying to shove players where they don’t want to be though.

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Agreed, nobody cares about this nonsense

I arrived there, and more than a handful of people I know arrived there because of the ad. They’ve never been really good about getting schedules out. So me, and the 9,000 other people that watched EU, probably would disagree with you.

It’s pretty common to think your opinion is fact, but you need to try to move beyond your own mind and think about other people and what they want.

9,000? Compare it to League of Legends 32,000,000
You would think it would give ArenaNet the hint they should fix and improve PvP

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I care less about esports than I do about regular sports. I am sick of Anet trying to shove players where they don’t want to be though.

They are obsessed with this “esport” fantasy to the point that they seem willing to damage the rest of the game in order to force things to happen.

What they need to do is drop it and focus on running an MMORPG.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Kormeg.2469

Kormeg.2469

How is this significant. It’s words on a screen. It’ll be gone soon. Why does this warrant being talked about?

If you don’t like it fine. Why are you on the forums whining about why you don’t like it? Group approval? Solidarity? Text-abolitionist movement scouting????

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Compare it to the Super Bowl and GW2 is pathetic. What’s your point? The money rewards and viewership keep climbing exponentially. It’s not hurting anyone for them to say the match is going on, and it’s helping a lot of people. What’s the problem here? Should they stop helping people?

Why are people wetting their pants because anet is telling us that something is happening that we want to watch? Because a handful of PvE players are offended by it for no reason, and it’s disturbing their loading screen? No.

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

How is this significant. It’s words on a screen. It’ll be gone soon. Why does this warrant being talked about?

If you don’t like it fine. Why are you on the forums whining about why you don’t like it? Group approval? Solidarity? Text-abolitionist movement scouting????

Yet here you are whining about people “whining”.

Kormeg.2469

Compare it to the Super Bowl and GW2 is pathetic. What’s your point? The money rewards and viewership keep climbing exponentially. It’s not hurting anyone for them to say the match is going on, and it’s helping a lot of people. What’s the problem here? Should they stop helping people?

Why are people wetting their pants because anet is telling us that something is happening that we want to watch? Because a handful of PvE players are offended by it for no reason, and it’s disturbing their loading screen? No.

No no, the text on loading screens is obviously hurting these people.

Posted by: kyrie.8530

kyrie.8530

well it’s not like its really hurting, but i really want to be able to disable commercial

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

well it’s not like its really hurting, but i really want to be able to disable commercial

ABP ftw

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

No no, the text on loading screens is obviously hurting these people.

Wait, there’s text on the loading screens? I haven’t seen that. Huh. When did that start?

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Because UI clutter is a thing? It’s bad enough that the UI basically can’t be customized at all (ok, maybe there’s like 1-5% customization… I’m not firm on the details).

Then you’ve got stuff like this taking up your screen and you can’t get rid of it. If I’m wrong and you can get rid of it, then, as Scooter once said in BL2, “Hang me upside down from a telephone pole, cover me in honey, and leave me to a slow death at the hands of hungry spiderants!”

It’s not a HUGE deal, but it is consistently annoying that the game basically decides what my UI looks like at all times. Understand that in my case, I came from a game where it was the complete opposite; you could basically customize 99% of the UI. I’ve grown accustomed to the lack of customization here, but I will never forget it completely and moments like these are like a fly buzzing around my head… an irritating reminder of how lackluster the customization is. It’s like that RedLetterMedia quote for me most of the time, “You may not have noticed it… but your brain did.”

Again, if I’m missing some huge customization method, then I would be happy to hear it, cause afaik, there is virtually nothing.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Please don’t turn it off. I don’t participate now and there’s no chance I’d remember the match times/dates without the in-game reminder. It really doesn’t take that much room, does it?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I don’t even follow real world sports at all, so having a constant reminder of these is quite annoying to me. If I wanted to take part in sports, “E” or otherwise I would pick up a bat, or mallet or whatever the cool kids are beating each other with now-a-days and go play. If I am playing a online RPG I don’t want to hear or read about it….

K, Thanks.

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Most of the time I think this kind of complaint is silly, but I have to agree in this case. I understand this is important to them and they want to promote it. But I could care less. An option to not see a given message again would be appreciated. I would prefer not to have it cluttering up the screen the entire time I play and every time I zone.

You “…could care less”, which implies you care a little. Or did you mean you “….couldn’t care less”?

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Some ppl need to stop flogging the Esports horse in GW2. Btw they really should not have released HoT just b4 the deluge of AAA games .

In b4 this gets deleted.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

please remove the spam.
I’m here to play the game, bought both the base game at release and HoT at release.
Don’t need to spammed about crap I do not care about.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

haha, “esports”.

- popular esport devs (LoL, SC): spending insane amount of time on balancing, are never completely satisfied, continue balancing
- GW2: We do don´t balance classes around 1vs1

too bad people actually play single characters, not 5. This will never be a success on a scale they imagine.

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

Or just don’t be a baby and endure it for 1 day? Realize that it may not interest you but it might interest other people?

Kormeg.2469

Or just don’t be a baby and endure it for 1 day? Realize that it may not interest you but it might interest other people?

Give up dude. If people put forward the effort to make a thread about this, then reasoning is not an option.

Posted by: smiling.9028

smiling.9028

I just want it off my UI. I don’t give a rip about watching people play video games on streams. If I want anything to do with a video game, I play it, I don’t watch other people play it.

Seconded. I couldn’t give a Skritt’s backside about PvP or watching it on some ego inflated live stream. Please allow us to uncheck the spam at the top of our screens.

Posted by: Vienna.1579

Vienna.1579

I agree it is strange marketing for an online video game, I do not know what specifically they want to achieve with this. If they would spend 200.000$ on a smoother gameplay,…given that how many people complain about technical difficulties,… they would get far more in return.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Message on the load screens I don’t mind. The orange danglely bit in the notification area is taking up screen real estate during play.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

This thread…. What are you serious????!! It’s a tiny fraction on top right of screen and one piece of text on loading screen. It’s like saying I don’t care about story instance so Anet have to remove it from my ui. Honestly anyone QQ about this might as well rage at every thing in life. Forum once again has blown my mind with how whiny people can get over nothing.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

“Ah, there goes my money. 200.000 $ are a lot of money and I wish they would spend them in better ways and not just for one kid at the end, which ign nobody outside of the small pvp scene in gw2 care about.”

Frankly, that’s were my thoughts, when I read the message while waiting for the end of the long loading screen. Watching others playing a game doesn’t make fun like you play it yourself. But okay, it’s good that different tastes exist.

[KILL] – Jade Quarry

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

How could anyone not love it?

It’s pro.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Reem.3578

Reem.3578

Agreed. I couldn’t care less about these all high-and-mighty-elite-PVPers…

“You judge too much with your eyes alone…”

And yes, i play [Teef] :)

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

even tho this is not the firs time this has been done to us all by anet . it is something that is a pain and problem to have to put up with . even tho we all do not care about this stuff. the company has made it more then clear they will not change this or make it so it only comes up once and then gone. maybe the only way to maybe show the company we do not care about this being flashed across our screens every time we map . is to not log in when they do this until that said event is over with . and hope even tho we know better it will not help . as they will only keep right on doing this .

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

Not that I’m discrediting the “pro” players, I’m just saying that to shove all this esports crap in the player’s face is an utterly disrespectful and pitiful way to promote your failed PvP state.
Face it, no matter how hard this company will try, the game’s PvP scene will never be on the same level as Heroes of Newerth. Don’t even dream of the likes of CS:GO or DotA 2, because that’s a pathetic thought.

Posted by: Qiraa.4130

Qiraa.4130

Anet pls stop shoving all the pve stuff in my face, you will never reach the lvl of pve like WoW…see wat i did thar?

I swear to god some of you need help.

Qiraa Kasapi of UNTY, Aurora Glade

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

All I saw is a kitten trying to strive for attention. Shoo shoo

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Commercial? Ok, now I’m confused. Are we talking about the line at the top of the loading screens? The loading screens where you can do nothing but literally stare at a screen? That is what is bothering you and what you consider a commercial?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Wait, there’s text on the loading screens? I haven’t seen that. Huh. When did that start?

Yeah, there are these little numbers and icons that tell you about zone completion!
/gasp!

Really though, don’t give a single whit about their attempts at professional PvP. I don’t watch other people play video games, and I don’t care about people getting paid to be professional containers for feminine hygiene solution. Especially when “PvP balance” is ruining PvE balance.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

(edited by Rauderi.8706)

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

We could use this for player feedback.

You could close the notification, ticking “More like this please” or “I’m not interested in this, sorry”.

Yay, feedback!

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Even better, stop WASTING the money I paid you to deliver an expansion on PvP and FIX YOUR STUPID EXPANSION.

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

Selling gamers on the <b>product</b> of “watching other gamers play a game that you believe that you like but can’t or don’t play” is hyper-genius. It makes the “in-game store” concept seem like a square wheel. Just… genius.