PoF Demo Feedback

PoF Demo Feedback

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Adzekul.3104

Adzekul.3104

1) Loved the map design. Very immersive. The skybox (especially night time) was amazing, and the reflection on the water blew me away.

2) Mounts were generally awesome, except the motion sickness thing brought up in another thread. I added my comments there so won’t repeat.

3) The first instance/boss seemed a bit over-tuned to me. Perhaps part of this is going in with “not my choice of gear or build”.

4) Perhaps irrelevant, but server stability was poor. DCs or crashes every 30ish minutes would be nuts in a live server. But maybe not an issue worthy of attention.

5) Rather sad that no elite specs were available. As such, the demo needs only about 4 hours, rather than occupying my whole weekend.

6) Masteries in general were fun, except the Sous-Chef one. Maybe this needs a few minor tweaks to timings … At the start, there are 5 seconds of “timer count-down” where you can do exactly nothing because it takes him this long to tell you what he wants you to collect as the first ingredient. So if the event lasts for 30 seconds, you only have 25 seconds in which to get it done. Please consider a minor change here. Secondly, if he moves at an awkward moment and you miss him with the toss, you are screwed for the rest of the mini-game. Maybe this is by design, but it seems a bit harsh that there is no chance to recover.

Overall, I was quite happy with the 4 hours I spent inside the demo. I might go back today for a while.

PoF Demo Feedback

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I doubt I will ever be able to finish Sous-Chef mastery point unless they fix it. It reminds me of the HoT minigames, where I had exactly 0 chance to get the gold. I really wish the timer would be removed from the chef, randomness of the movement and small target area plus annoying delay after you press the throw and actual throw is big enough challenge.

Or the timer should reset fully after each ingredient. In it’s current form, it ain’t fun to do. The randomness of ingredients means you just could be asked one from the other side of the room while chef runs away from you. Just this one bad luck, even if you can throw it in time, means the rest of challenge is alreaydy lost cause you run out of time.

The other mastery point where you do simon-says-touch-each-point-in-correct-order was fine. Since there you had all the time you need.